Psychopath in mustang arrested for doing 208 mph

I usually drive at 200 kph when traffic allows. It's perfectly safe if you have the proper road and laws for slow pokes to stay to the right. America needs an autobahn.

No it's not PERFECTLY safe, you nitwit. It's extremely dangerous to everyone else on the roads. And don't tell me you make sure there is no one else on the road. You have no way of knowing that.

You are a psychopath with no concern for the safety of others and you belong in prison forever.

Well obviously it depends on traffic. But in Germany for the most part slow pokes stay to the right and they are good about moving over. Always have to assume there will be idiots. Safety has nothing to do with speed, it has to do with orderly driving and lane changing. In German you can only pass on the left. I'm not suggesting the same could be done in the states any time soon. Far too many morons on the road, and the roads are shit.

I'd have to see a Mustang break 200mph on the street before I would believe that.

Here's a Veyron making some 200+mph passes on the road, and it's not that simple even in a supercar.

All you liberals who complain about assault rifles and ask "why does anyone need 30 round magazines" need to explain why we let people have cars that do 3 times the speed limit.

Hector Fraire arrested after doing 208MPH during chase with Oklahoma trooper | Daily Mail Online

nov 16 2016 Driver Hector Fraire is accused of going 138 mph over the limit
Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a trooper clocked a Mustang going 85 mph and 84 mph on Saturday
The trooper went after it, and the Mustang hit 176 mph then 208 mph
Fraire was eventually arrested by the deputy for reckless driving and felony eluding

'The driver also turned off the headlights and brake lights, attempting to elude Trooper Smith.'
Ok, yah he broke the law.

But that kid has some fuking balls! I bet when they arrested him they didn't find a safety pin on his shirt sleeve.

I mean seriously....doesn't part of you wish America had more like him?

I doubt that stock 2011 Mustang GT can get over 160 mph.
Shelby GT500 can barely touch 200 mph.

Someone is lying here.

Most I've done is about 275 kph...well over 160 mph. I can't imagine going faster than that lol.

I often did the top speed of 140 MPH in my '73 Plymouth 425 Fury, but only once in my '70 Plymouth Duster 360. I also could not imagine going faster than that.

The Fury was very stable at that speed and had the best brakes around and could brake very well at that speed, even in a turn. The Duster wasn't. :eek:

Time to go back to the good old horse and buggy.

Not at all. But we should lower speed limits back to 55 and have very severe penalties for violators. No more coddling these killers on our highways.
I could swear you googled "What's the dumbest thing I could possibly say right now?". Of course, the correct answer would be repeating one of Mr. One-Term Jimmy's policies. The Autobahn has no speed limit and fewer accidents occur on it than any other road in Germany.

Someone is lying here.

Clearly, the story is wrong ...

It was a 2011 Mustang, supposedly stock. It has a documented high end of 138 mph, but if you take off the limiter, you can get them about 155 mph. A 2013 Shelby Mustang is the fasted Mustang clocked at a maximum 189 mph.

As for "turning off the brake lights"? I suppose we could assume they meant the tail lights ... brake lights can't be turned off.

I did find, though, an article about a guy who built a Mustang that will turn 8's in the quarter --- that translates to a top end of about 180 mph. However, I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify --- the guy spent $181,000 on it, and in order to get there had to completely rebuild the suspension - it wouldn't go around a regular corner.

I'm guessing the cop had some radar issues.

8 reasons that Germany’s Autobahn is so much better than US highways

Read the above article. Although the part about fines is false. Germans don't pull people over for speeding at all. They pretty much strictly use cameras and the fines are cheap, starting from 20 euro. They will pull you over for driving dangerously though, passing like a jackass for example.

It would be nice to put an end to the Nazi style Highway Police in America that pull people over just for going a few miles over a speed limit in order to fine them hundreds of dollars to fund their local police force. They should make it more difficult to get a license though, too many dumb people drive in the US. They should also make it so people who text while driving get their license taken away. That is far more dangerous than going down an empty highway at 90 mph.

It would be nice to put an end to the Nazi style Highway Police in America that pull people over just for going a few miles over a speed limit in order to fine them hundreds of dollars to fund their local police force. They should make it more difficult to get a license though, too many dumb people drive in the US. They should also make it so people who text while driving get their license taken away. That is far more dangerous than going down an empty highway at 90 mph.

Text-driving should be an automatic felony with automatic loss of license for 5 years. It's worse than DUI. But america is a nation of criminal coddlers and we do nothing to all these highway killers.

Why cars are permitted to have so much horse power is a good question. More than 150 is absolutely unnecessary, and even 60 would do for moving five people..

Someone is lying here.

You have to read the link.. I am still wondering what that kid put in it and where did he get the money..

Time to go back to the good old horse and buggy.

Not at all. But we should lower speed limits back to 55 and have very severe penalties for violators. No more coddling these killers on our highways.
I could swear you googled "What's the dumbest thing I could possibly say right now?". Of course, the correct answer would be repeating one of Mr. One-Term Jimmy's policies. The Autobahn has no speed limit and fewer accidents occur on it than any other road in Germany.

Yep. You tend to pay more attention at 160 mph.

Someone is lying here.

Clearly, the story is wrong ...

It was a 2011 Mustang, supposedly stock. It has a documented high end of 138 mph, but if you take off the limiter, you can get them about 155 mph. A 2013 Shelby Mustang is the fasted Mustang clocked at a maximum 189 mph.

As for "turning off the brake lights"? I suppose we could assume they meant the tail lights ... brake lights can't be turned off.

I did find, though, an article about a guy who built a Mustang that will turn 8's in the quarter --- that translates to a top end of about 180 mph. However, I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify --- the guy spent $181,000 on it, and in order to get there had to completely rebuild the suspension - it wouldn't go around a regular corner.

I'm guessing the cop had some radar issues.

I didn't read the link read the story yesterday and they said he highly modified it

Forum List

Back