Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

BDSM is an aberration. It should not be promoted as any kind of normal sex. It should be recognized as belonging to very special people. Once abnormality is accepted a normal behavior, it doesn't stop until the society becomes wholly depraved.

BSDM isn't a "kind" of sex.

There actually doesn't have to be any sex involved at all.

this is also true. And apparently you know more about BDSM than the author of 50 Shades.

I've known a number of people who've worked as professional Doms.

BDSM is an aberration. It should not be promoted as any kind of normal sex. It should be recognized as belonging to very special people. Once abnormality is accepted a normal behavior, it doesn't stop until the society becomes wholly depraved.

Well, not everyone shares your preference for only enjoying missionary position, in the dark, strictly for procreation.

For many, many people, sex is fun and enjoyable. As long as everyone is a consenting adult it is none of your business what they do.
I would like for it to remain none of my business.

So don't make it your business. Problem solved.

this is also true. And apparently you know more about BDSM than the author of 50 Shades.

That's how I paid for law school.

I agree it was badly done.

But the phrase "If it hurts, it's abuse" would also cover mutually consenting, informed adults who decide to use a paddle, belt or cane. 50 Shades is terrible. The abuse is to the reader. Bit actual BDSM is far, far from what that book portrays.

That. My wife's exact words, "This might be the worst book I have ever read!"

I worked with a woman who was a sub in a fairly-extreme BDSM relationship. (As in: she sometimes wore long sleeves in the summer to hide rope marks, and a vacation or holiday weekend usually meant she would slowly and carefully climb out off her Datsun 240Z due to being covered with still-tender lash marks.) I'm not sure I have EVER seen two people more in love than Sarah and her husband Keith.

BDSM is an aberration.

Says you, citing you.

It should not be promoted as any kind of normal sex.

Why not? To many people it IS normal.

It should be recognized as belonging to very special people. Once abnormality is accepted a normal behavior, it doesn't stop until the society becomes wholly depraved.

Look, we get it: you hate sex. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Dude...that is a pretty low bar...

BDSM is an aberration.

Says you, citing you.

It should not be promoted as any kind of normal sex.

Why not? To many people it IS normal.

It should be recognized as belonging to very special people. Once abnormality is accepted a normal behavior, it doesn't stop until the society becomes wholly depraved.

Look, we get it: you hate sex. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else.
That's the whole point isn't it? Depravity is being normalized. Once a society starts down the road of degeneracy it doesn't stop. It won't stop with normalizing BDSM or same sex marriage. It won't stop with bestiality or underage prostitutes. It won't stop until the entire society falls.

Dude...that is a pretty low bar...
I probably do.

But the phrase "If it hurts, it's abuse" would also cover mutually consenting, informed adults who decide to use a paddle, belt or cane. 50 Shades is terrible. The abuse is to the reader. Bit actual BDSM is far, far from what that book portrays.

I worked with a woman who was a sub in a fairly-extreme BDSM relationship. (As in: she sometimes wore long sleeves in the summer to hide rope marks, and a vacation or holiday weekend usually meant she would slowly and carefully climb out off her Datsun 240Z due to being covered with still-tender lash marks.) I'm not sure I have EVER seen two people more in love than Sarah and her husband Keith.
One of my clients was in a BDSM marriage. He was the submissive. One night they were having sex when she started beating him in the head with the telephone handpiece. She beat him unconscious. He was bleeding from the ear and it scared her. She called for paramedics. As soon as they got there they knew what happened. They called the police and she was arrested. The poor man was devastated. It was only an accident. They really did adore one another.

Because of the nature of the crime the wife couldn't get out on bail. While we were waiting for trial he called me to complain that he had all these household bills that he couldn't pay without her orders. I went over there, grabbed him by the shirt front, slammed him up against the wall and said "pay the damn bills. All of them."

She eventually got probation. While the acts between them were consensual, she exceeded the consent when he lost consciousness. Slap on the wrist. Be more careful next time.

Fifty Shades of Grey premiere marred by protesters - Celebrity Buzz

Finally! I wasn't surprised by Christians protesting the film premiere as promoting unhealthy relations.

But these protestors hit home, protesting the "glamorization" of domestic violence
(while others claim the character wasn't coerced
but consented to the S&M as sexual exploration).

I was beginning to worry that most people were either hyping this up or brushing it off.
Glad to see some sign of intelligent response I can at least RELATE to.

============

The London premiere of raunchy movie Fifty Shades of Grey was marred by protest groups campaigning against domestic violence on Thursday night.

Members of the Fifty Shades is Domestic Violence campaign group descended on Leicester Square in the British capital armed with placards, balloons, T-shirts and a large banner to protest against the film’s portrayal of a kinky relationship while the stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan walked the grey carpet.

Other individuals held up placards to condemn the film for allegedly glamorising domestic violence, with one sign reading, “#BlueAboutGrey – because some Ana’s don’t survive their Christian’s (sic).”

Director Sam Taylor-Johnson addressed the calls of domestic violence to U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain, saying, “We took a very definite approach towards empowering Anastasia and she goes on a sexual exploration, but it’s one she goes on willingly and she consents throughout.”

Stars including Aaron Taylor-Johnson, author E.L. James, former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts and singer Jamelia also attended the premiere.

It wasn't a BDSM tutorial. It was a fantasy. A fantasy for vanilla people. Every so many years someone kicks out a book or movie that toys with BDSM and then part of the population loves it because it is naughty and the other half condemns it. It's usually a shit movie or book that sounds exactly like other shit books and movies.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say females are 90+% of the people buying & reading that book. Amiright?

One of my clients was in a BDSM marriage. He was the submissive. One night they were having sex when she started beating him in the head with the telephone handpiece. She beat him unconscious. He was bleeding from the ear and it scared her. She called for paramedics. As soon as they got there they knew what happened. They called the police and she was arrested. The poor man was devastated. It was only an accident. They really did adore one another.

Because of the nature of the crime the wife couldn't get out on bail. While we were waiting for trial he called me to complain that he had all these household bills that he couldn't pay without her orders. I went over there, grabbed him by the shirt front, slammed him up against the wall and said "pay the damn bills. All of them."

She eventually got probation. While the acts between them were consensual, she exceeded the consent when he lost consciousness. Slap on the wrist. Be more careful next time.
"slammed him up against the wall"? :doubt: I thought you said you were 5'7" 135?

BDSM is absolutely NOT about domestic abuse. It is not about one person abusing another, unwilling, person. It is about consenting adults acting out their sexual fantasies and fetishes under terms that are agreed upon ahead of time.

Perhaps if people had read something that does not sound like it was written by a 16 year old, or done some research about what actually happens in BDSM, instead of going with a book written by someone clueless about it, we might have a different feeling about it.

I understand it was not a mutual relationship.
Therefore it was relationship abuse.
When you keep voluntarily showing up it is mutual.

If she was beating him in the head with a telephone handset, she is too stupid to be on her own.

"slammed him up against the wall"? :doubt: I thought you said you were 5'7" 135?
5'7" 125

But you do know that size isn't always determinative. Or do you think that the little ladies can't fight?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say females are 90+% of the people buying & reading that book. Amiright?
Buying the book and filling the movie houses.

So what are we to gather from that? It isn't that BDSM is a normal exhibition of affection and those who don't engage are rejecting normal sexual relations. As distasteful as it is to contemplate, on some level the abusers who claim "she was asking for it" have a point. More women want to be beaten than we like to think about. Especially if the man is good looking with money.

The ladies in my office have been talking about this stupid movie all week.

Here's the thing. The only reason why this is appealing is because the character of Christian is rich and handsome. So that makes it okay that he abuses his partner in some rehashed Twilight Fan Fiction.

If Christian were middle aged and balding, and worked in a cubicle, I don't think they'd find it that exciting.

:lol: I'll bet you have! Lol.

That's fucked up. This is what happens when two emotionally unstable people who are idiots get together. Lol. That is sick to me. A sure sign of a mental illness.

Forum List

Back