Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

It's definitely domestic violence. Just because the woman or man is too stupid to realize it and has been talked into believing that inflicting injuries is "sex" does not mean that it is. Lol.

BDSM is an aberration. It should not be promoted as any kind of normal sex. It should be recognized as belonging to very special people. Once abnormality is accepted a normal behavior, it doesn't stop until the society becomes wholly depraved.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say females are 90+% of the people buying & reading that book. Amiright?
Buying the book and filling the movie houses.

So what are we to gather from that? It isn't that BDSM is a normal exhibition of affection and those who don't engage are rejecting normal sexual relations. As distasteful as it is to contemplate, on some level the abusers who claim "she was asking for it" have a point. More women want to be beaten than we like to think about. Especially if the man is good looking with money.

Those women probably came from abusive homes, so they relate violence to sex.

The ladies in my office have been talking about this stupid movie all week.

Here's the thing. The only reason why this is appealing is because the character of Christian is rich and handsome. So that makes it okay that he abuses his partner in some rehashed Twilight Fan Fiction.

If Christian were middle aged and balding, and worked in a cubicle, I don't think they'd find it that exciting.

Well, this is the second time in a week I think when I've agreed with JoeB on something. :shock:

BDSM is an aberration. It should not be promoted as any kind of normal sex. It should be recognized as belonging to very special people. Once abnormality is accepted a normal behavior, it doesn't stop until the society becomes wholly depraved.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say females are 90+% of the people buying & reading that book. Amiright?

So what are we to gather from that? It isn't that BDSM is a normal exhibition of affection and those who don't engage are rejecting normal sexual relations. As distasteful as it is to contemplate, on some level the abusers who claim "she was asking for it" have a point. More women want to be beaten than we like to think about. Especially if the man is good looking with money.

A little hair pulling, maybe a little spanking, sure that can add to the excitement, but beatings where wounds and bruises are left? That's not sex and that's not love. That's sickness and confusion on the part of the people involved.

BDSM is an aberration.

Says you, citing you.

It should not be promoted as any kind of normal sex.

Why not? To many people it IS normal.

It should be recognized as belonging to very special people. Once abnormality is accepted a normal behavior, it doesn't stop until the society becomes wholly depraved.

Look, we get it: you hate sex. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else.

That's not sex, weirdo. That's abuse.

Fifty Shades of Grey premiere marred by protesters - Celebrity Buzz

Finally! I wasn't surprised by Christians protesting the film premiere as promoting unhealthy relations.

But these protestors hit home, protesting the "glamorization" of domestic violence
(while others claim the character wasn't coerced
but consented to the S&M as sexual exploration).

I was beginning to worry that most people were either hyping this up or brushing it off.
Glad to see some sign of intelligent response I can at least RELATE to.

============

The London premiere of raunchy movie Fifty Shades of Grey was marred by protest groups campaigning against domestic violence on Thursday night.

Members of the Fifty Shades is Domestic Violence campaign group descended on Leicester Square in the British capital armed with placards, balloons, T-shirts and a large banner to protest against the film’s portrayal of a kinky relationship while the stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan walked the grey carpet.

Other individuals held up placards to condemn the film for allegedly glamorising domestic violence, with one sign reading, “#BlueAboutGrey – because some Ana’s don’t survive their Christian’s (sic).”

Director Sam Taylor-Johnson addressed the calls of domestic violence to U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain, saying, “We took a very definite approach towards empowering Anastasia and she goes on a sexual exploration, but it’s one she goes on willingly and she consents throughout.”

Stars including Aaron Taylor-Johnson, author E.L. James, former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts and singer Jamelia also attended the premiere.

It wasn't a BDSM tutorial. It was a fantasy. A fantasy for vanilla people. Every so many years someone kicks out a book or movie that toys with BDSM and then part of the population loves it because it is naughty and the other half condemns it. It's usually a shit movie or book that sounds exactly like other shit books and movies.

So if you aren't into being tied up and beaten, you are "vanilla?" Lol. Okay.

That can't be. There are too many of them. Go down to any bookstore and take a look through the romance section. The stories are of women kidnapped, raped, kept tied up, enslaved, beaten, then they fall in love. It isn't just women who came from abusive homes buying these books.

The ladies in my office have been talking about this stupid movie all week.

Here's the thing. The only reason why this is appealing is because the character of Christian is rich and handsome. So that makes it okay that he abuses his partner in some rehashed Twilight Fan Fiction.

If Christian were middle aged and balding, and worked in a cubicle, I don't think they'd find it that exciting.

The character of Christian reads like some tween wrote the story about the ultimate guy. He is a billionaire, philanthropist, pilot, speaks french, and never has to work. It is fan fiction. And bad fan fiction at that. It is a Harlequin romance with leather.

I agree it was badly done.

But the phrase "If it hurts, it's abuse" would also cover mutually consenting, informed adults who decide to use a paddle, belt or cane. 50 Shades is terrible. The abuse is to the reader. Bit actual BDSM is far, far from what that book portrays.

That. My wife's exact words, "This might be the worst book I have ever read!"

I worked with a woman who was a sub in a fairly-extreme BDSM relationship. (As in: she sometimes wore long sleeves in the summer to hide rope marks, and a vacation or holiday weekend usually meant she would slowly and carefully climb out off her Datsun 240Z due to being covered with still-tender lash marks.) I'm not sure I have EVER seen two people more in love than Sarah and her husband Keith.

That's fucked up. This is what happens when two emotionally unstable people who are idiots get together. Lol. That is sick to me. A sure sign of a mental illness.

Mentally unstable? lol It is two adults indulging in fantasies.

Fifty Shades of Grey premiere marred by protesters - Celebrity Buzz

Finally! I wasn't surprised by Christians protesting the film premiere as promoting unhealthy relations.

But these protestors hit home, protesting the "glamorization" of domestic violence
(while others claim the character wasn't coerced
but consented to the S&M as sexual exploration).

I was beginning to worry that most people were either hyping this up or brushing it off.
Glad to see some sign of intelligent response I can at least RELATE to.

============

The London premiere of raunchy movie Fifty Shades of Grey was marred by protest groups campaigning against domestic violence on Thursday night.

Members of the Fifty Shades is Domestic Violence campaign group descended on Leicester Square in the British capital armed with placards, balloons, T-shirts and a large banner to protest against the film’s portrayal of a kinky relationship while the stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan walked the grey carpet.

Other individuals held up placards to condemn the film for allegedly glamorising domestic violence, with one sign reading, “#BlueAboutGrey – because some Ana’s don’t survive their Christian’s (sic).”

Director Sam Taylor-Johnson addressed the calls of domestic violence to U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain, saying, “We took a very definite approach towards empowering Anastasia and she goes on a sexual exploration, but it’s one she goes on willingly and she consents throughout.”

Stars including Aaron Taylor-Johnson, author E.L. James, former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts and singer Jamelia also attended the premiere.

It wasn't a BDSM tutorial. It was a fantasy. A fantasy for vanilla people. Every so many years someone kicks out a book or movie that toys with BDSM and then part of the population loves it because it is naughty and the other half condemns it. It's usually a shit movie or book that sounds exactly like other shit books and movies.

So if you aren't into being tied up and beaten, you are "vanilla?" Lol. Okay.

"Vanilla" is simply a term used by kinksters to describe those who do not indulge in any kinky sex.

It's definitely domestic violence. Just because the woman or man is too stupid to realize it and has been talked into believing that inflicting injuries is "sex" does not mean that it is. Lol.

Talked into it? Submissives are not talked into it. They usually seek it out.

A little hair pulling, maybe a little spanking, sure that can add to the excitement, but beatings where wounds and bruises are left? That's not sex and that's not love. That's sickness and confusion on the part of the people involved.

You are talking degrees here. A little spanking is ok, but a lot of spanking is not? You have your tastes in what you want. Simply because others have different tastes does not make them ill or confused.

You are talking degrees here. A little spanking is ok, but a lot of spanking is not? You have your tastes in what you want. Simply because others have different tastes does not make them ill or confused.

Why do you think they would do that? Because they equate violence with love. That's why. They are at least confused individuals.

That can't be. There are too many of them. Go down to any bookstore and take a look through the romance section. The stories are of women kidnapped, raped, kept tied up, enslaved, beaten, then they fall in love. It isn't just women who came from abusive homes buying these books.

Oh please, I've read plenty of romance. A lot of them do NOT involve such things. There is a name for a person who falls for someone who kidnaps and abuses them, and it is a mental disorder called Stockholm syndrome. It's how they rationalize and deal with a stressful situation. Sorry, but a person who WANTS to hurt you does not love you. A person who loves you does not want to hurt you, physically or otherwise, unless they are confused.

Why do you think they would do that? Because they equate violence with love. That's why. They are at least confused individuals.
Equating violence with love is not a normal response. It's a pathological response and should never be held out as normal.

Equating violence with love is not a normal response. It's a pathological response and should never be held out as normal.

I agree. Who do you think the people who are raving about this book and movie? Impressionable teenagers and young adults in their 20s for the most part.

I believe human sexuality reveals pretty much who you really are as a person. People are very good at putting up a false front and pretending to be what they aren't. But that changes in the bedroom and the real you comes out. If you need to paddle someone or tie them up, you're a sick fuck. Something is wrong with you that you need to have power over someone or get off on seeing them helpless.
What if the person who recieved the spanking likes it and orgasims? Some people are turned on by different things than you. It does not make them a sick fuck.

There is a difference between a playful spanking and a beating which leaves bruises and wounds! A BIG difference. Yes, abusing another person, wanting to abuse another person or wanting to BE abused by another person would make a person a bit fucked up, in my book. Anyone who enjoys inflicting pain like that on another is not playing with a full deck.

I believe human sexuality reveals pretty much who you really are as a person. People are very good at putting up a false front and pretending to be what they aren't. But that changes in the bedroom and the real you comes out. If you need to paddle someone or tie them up, you're a sick fuck. Something is wrong with you that you need to have power over someone or get off on seeing them helpless.
What if the person who recieved the spanking likes it and orgasims? Some people are turned on by different things than you. It does not make them a sick fuck.

Yes . . . it does. Sorry. People who enjoy abuse or inflicting it are fucked up.

No, it makes them two sick fucks. If you get off on getting spanked you have psychological issues. It's up to people to do what they want but trying to normalize it is wrong.

Forum List

Back