Protests against AZ's immigration law turn violent.

Please cite the source for this information "Sheriff (Arpaio) is giving untrained "Deputies" free reign to go arrest any Hispanic they find".

Actually, my source is my boss' son, who lives in the county in question and was just personally telling us about what the Sheriff is doing.

There's really no substitute for having a first hand account.

In other words you have nothing. Just as I thought.

I don't mind using a first hand account.

I'm just wondering why a sherrif should be considered "abusive" when he deputizes anyone to help enforce the law?

are you just feeling guilty for spreading lies and distortions around this board about this law....:lol:

OK...now show me in AZ law where it states that crossing the border as an illegal alien and what the penalty is. Then show me in the AZ law where it states that they can stop you for NO OTHER REASON and ask you for your ID like you stated previously.

It doesn't state it in Arizona Law, it states it in FEDERAL law. Duh.

As per FEDERAL law, Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, illegal immigration violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Since being an illegal immigrant is a federal offense, the requirement of "Lawful Contact" would in fact be met by the officer asking a person if they are an illegal alien or not.

Then they would be allowed to ask for their ID, as per the Arizona law in question.

If they cannot produce an ID, they can be arrested as stated in said law.

Questions? And please, if you're going to accuse me of lying, please feel free to provide some sort of proof of some falsehood, rather than just blindly shooting off your mouth with meaningless accusations. K?

So what's the problem? I don't SEE A SINGLE REFERENCE TO RACE!!!!!! and YES...you did in fact lie through your teeth...saying that law enforcement entities can radomly stop people and ask people for their ID's.....PLEASE stop acting like an immature baby. You know your just spouting DNC and Huffington talking points and you sure as hell never read the AZ law in question....secondly, based on your history and knack for posting bullshit, I'm calling the bullshit flag on your "boss' son's cousin's brother's friend who supposedly NOW all of a sudden works for Joe Arpaio and is calling you giving you updates on what Sheriff Joe is doing in the precinct so you can post horseshit on a message board!!!

Now knock this shit off...Not a single person is impressed with your supposed credentials or contacts in Sheriff Joe's office.

and VLWC...your interpretation of the law based on your imaginary friend's story...is INCORRECT. The AZ law strictly prohibits any State or local law enforcement entity to stop anyone based SOLELY on the judgement that they may be an illegal alien.

Now...care to address the facts instead of proffering conjecture, bias and outright lies?

and VLWC...your interpretation of the law based on your imaginary friend's story...is INCORRECT. The AZ law strictly prohibits any State or local law enforcement entity to stop anyone based SOLELY on the judgement that they may be an illegal alien.

Now...care to address the facts instead of proffering conjecture, bias and outright lies?

I scanned the text of the law but didn't see that - I may have scanned too quickly. If you can find the wording and post a link then I can't see what possible basis anyone can have for complaint.

It seems to me, as I've said before, that this is an extension of federal law that simply requires the officer to check that someone they have stopped has the right to remain and, if proof cannot be offered, further requires the officer to detain the suspect pending further investigation.

I understand that people have concerns about profiling, but if you're not going to trust the cops to go about their job in a professional manner then we've got much bigger problems than just this law.

I scanned the text of the law but didn't see that - I may have scanned too quickly. If you can find the wording and post a link then I can't see what possible basis anyone can have for complaint.

It seems to me, as I've said before, that this is an extension of federal law that simply requires the officer to check that someone they have stopped has the right to remain and, if proof cannot be offered, further requires the officer to detain the suspect pending further investigation.

I understand that people have concerns about profiling, but if you're not going to trust the cops to go about their job in a professional manner then we've got much bigger problems than just this law.

Precisely....and to answer your inquiry....did you read the section where it specifically prohibits racial profiling? Did you read the section on lawful contact? There's your answer.
and I do in fact find it quite hilarious that all of a sudden the entire Democrat caucus in the country no longer trusts the police in America. Quite funny indeed.

What "draconian laws" vast?

Are you speaking of the law to identify CRIMINALS who broke the law?

I'm speaking of laws that allow officers to detain anyone that isn't carrying ID.

That is draconian on the level of Stalin's USSR.

I am a white, 56 year old and was stopped the other night because I was driving around the community I live in at 3 am......... the officer used the excuse that I made a turn a little wide, I didn't, but he needed a reason to stop me. He was driving around in his brand new DUI car disguised as a taxi and was just itching to bust a drunk, because it was 3 am he assumed that I must be. I respectfully explained that I was going home from the post office where I had remembered to go after work to mail off some bills....... they pick up at 5 am. He thought that was a reasonable explanation and then asked for my license and insurance papers since he had already pulled me over. I sat there for a solid 15 minutes waiting on him to return my "papers". I talked to another Sheriff a few days later and he confirmed my suspicion. I have been stopped riding my mountain bike 3 times at the same time of the morning....... wearing cycling clothes, shoes and helmet........ but I understand........ 3 am is an unusual time to be out riding. I guess I could accuse the officers of profiling or unreasonable "Nazi" tactics of asking for ID but I want them to do that, it's their job. A very difficult job at that.

I've seen enough episodes of "COPS" to know that many people ask for trouble from police officers........ maybe they should take Chris Rock's advice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAPn2VxBMSY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAPn2VxBMSY&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
Actually, my source is my boss' son, who lives in the county in question and was just personally telling us about what the Sheriff is doing.

There's really no substitute for having a first hand account.

In other words you have nothing. Just as I thought.

I don't mind using a first hand account.

I'm just wondering why a sherrif should be considered "abusive" when he deputizes anyone to help enforce the law?

So you would believe anything anyone told you as long as it was a first hand account?

For some reason the word "gullible" comes to mind.

What "draconian laws" vast?

Are you speaking of the law to identify CRIMINALS who broke the law?

I'm speaking of laws that allow officers to detain anyone that isn't carrying ID.

That is draconian on the level of Stalin's USSR.

I am a white, 56 year old and was stopped the other night because I was driving around the community I live in at 3 am......... the officer used the excuse that I made a turn a little wide, I didn't, but he needed a reason to stop me. He was driving around in his brand new DUI car disguised as a taxi and was just itching to bust a drunk, because it was 3 am he assumed that I must be. I respectfully explained that I was going home from the post office where I had remembered to go after work to mail off some bills....... they pick up at 5 am. He thought that was a reasonable explanation and then asked for my license and insurance papers since he had already pulled me over. I sat there for a solid 15 minutes waiting on him to return my "papers". I talked to another Sheriff a few days later and he confirmed my suspicion. I have been stopped riding my mountain bike 3 times at the same time of the morning....... wearing cycling clothes, shoes and helmet........ but I understand........ 3 am is an unusual time to be out riding. I guess I could accuse the officers of profiling or unreasonable "Nazi" tactics of asking for ID but I want them to do that, it's their job. A very difficult job at that.

I've seen enough episodes of "COPS" to know that many people ask for trouble from police officers........ maybe they should take Chris Rock's advice.

There are cops that overstep their authority and who at the very least need to have their authority revoiked. Among the hundreds of thousands of cops out there, there are bound to be some bad eggs. That is true everywhere in all walks of life and that is why we need law enforcement at all levels in the first place. But in my opinion the bad cop is the rare exception rather than the rule. They do a highly stressful, often very dangerous job that somebody has to do. And they need all the teeth in the law that is possible short of violating our rights so that they can do it.

Every state should follow suit with Arizona. No unreasonable profiling. No violation of rights. No excessive zealotry. Just common sense ability to enforce the law.

Hi Patek:

Protests Against AZ's Immigration Law Turn Violent ...

That is what happens when you 'pander' to Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals 'and' their unscrupulous employers for far too long. Enforce the Rule of Law and the Illegals will go home 'and' the Arizona Employers will begin to rehire Arizona Citizens ...

GL,

Terral

Where's the outrage over these SEDITIONISTS and THREATS TO NATIONAL SECURITY....is there no response by the left winger Tea Party bashers because none of the violent protester's named is Timiteo McVeighzales!!!!...or is because the Tea Party basher are nothing more than a bunch of partisan hypocrites?

I find it amazing....

unarmed liberals, risking their lives against well armed and violence -prone conservative tea-baggers

to fight for truth and justice and liberty....

while cowardly conservatives
brandishing automatic weapons
threaten decent Americans with violent civil war

Yes, the poor 'mob', don't have the guts to have an outright discussion; you support laws to take what belongs to others (to HURT others). Then claim the victim, you poor thing, keep voting in those politicians that will 'take' for you, then we will be a third world nation. Good job, so far.

For those that 'object' to this law AZ has passed, question. Do you have a problem with only Mexican illegals being questioned for ID, or do you have a problem with any nationality being questioned for ID, say: Icelanders, Norwegians, Russians, Polish, Turks, Afgans, Pakistanis, Iranian republic guards, Syrians, Egyptians, Sudanese, Ethiopians, Argentinians, Brazilians, Venuzuelans, etc?
If any of those groups came into 'your' town, and almost doubled the size of 'your' town, would you be concerned? Would you want to know if they were 'here', legally? If the crime increased and a 'group' of suspected illegals were being arrested and then turned loose to commit other crimes without showing ID in 'your' town, would you want to be safe in 'your' town? Would you want your children and 'your' loved ones to be able to live their lives without having to worry about 'undocumented' rapists, gangs, kidnappers, murderers, and robbers?
Or do you just have a problem with citizens protecting themselves, their families and their property?

If you don't have a problem with 'Mexicans' coming to this country illegally, would you have a problem with 'muslim terrorists' (for the libs: that doesn't include all Muslims) coming into the country illegally (possibly using the same ways to enter the country)?

Please answer.

Forum List

Back