Protests against AZ's immigration law turn violent.

"tetas?"

Picture.jpg

thats^^^^^what i am talking about....:eusa_drool:

wait a minute!!!....i just noticed the Octopie......:lol:.....i was looking at the tits.....comon guy problem....:lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what's known as "Damage Control." :lol:

Did you copy and paste this from the last time you said it, or did you bother to type it out again?

As I said the last time you said this, please feel free to point out where any democrat suggested that "Army Troops" or anyone else be randomly allowed to arrest anyone who isn't carrying an ID.

YOU just stated a BALD FACE LIE!!!! Sorry I don't need to address things that are LIES.

Not only is there no lie in this post, I didn't even make a statement, thus it would be impossible for me to have "lied".

I asked a question, and made a suggestion on a course of action for you.

Define what a public offense is.

A public offense is any act that breaks the law as defined by local or federal governments.

That would include crossing the border as an illegal alien.

Woooops...asked VLWC for facts and he ran away.

And no, Patek, I did not in fact "run away", I left to engage in real life interaction. You know, that thing people do when they're not arguing on the internet?

Last edited:
Define what a public offense is.

A public offense is any act that breaks the law as defined by local or federal governments.

That would include crossing the border as an illegal alien.

Woooops...asked VLWC for facts and he ran away.

And no, Patek, I did not in fact "run away", I left to engage in real life interaction. You know, that thing people do when they're not arguing on the internet?

are you just feeling guilty for spreading lies and distortions around this board about this law....:lol:

OK...now show me in AZ law where it states that crossing the border as an illegal alien and what the penalty is. Then show me in the AZ law where it states that they can stop you for NO OTHER REASON and ask you for your ID like you stated previously.

Last edited:
are you just feeling guilty for spreading lies and distortions around this board about this law....:lol:

OK...now show me in AZ law where it states that crossing the border as an illegal alien and what the penalty is. Then show me in the AZ law where it states that they can stop you for NO OTHER REASON and ask you for your ID like you stated previously.

It doesn't state it in Arizona Law, it states it in FEDERAL law. Duh.

As per FEDERAL law, Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, illegal immigration violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Since being an illegal immigrant is a federal offense, the requirement of "Lawful Contact" would in fact be met by the officer asking a person if they are an illegal alien or not.

Then they would be allowed to ask for their ID, as per the Arizona law in question.

If they cannot produce an ID, they can be arrested as stated in said law.

Questions? And please, if you're going to accuse me of lying, please feel free to provide some sort of proof of some falsehood, rather than just blindly shooting off your mouth with meaningless accusations. K?

***Note: This post has been edited by it's author because it contained an entire article and I have recently discovered this is a no-no.

And, to illustrate everything that I've been talking about concerning potential abuses of this law we have:

Sheriff Joe Arpario, who has hired 400 deputies in a sort of permanent posse to search for and arrest Hispanics suspected of being illegal immigrants.

Here's an interesting read on the Sheriff's other abuses:

Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US - Americas, World - The Independent

Excerpts from Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US, By David Usborne:

Hispanics in Phoenix, Arizona, live on the patch of a man they call the "toughest sheriff in America", who, in his own way, has already been implementing many of the measures now contained in the new, state-wide immigration Bill.

He is Joe Arpaio, and stands as a symbol of what mortifies so many people about the new law – he is under investigation by the Justice Department for alleged civil rights abuses – and of the reasons it passed in the first place. And why the Governor, Janet Brewer, signed it. That's because Mr Arpaio, 77, does better with the voters the harsher he plays it. In November 2008 he was elected to serve as county sheriff for the fifth time.

In his first terms in office, Mr Arpaio was not focused on illegal immigration so much as crime generally. He rose to national prominence by opening his now infamous "tent city" prison in Phoenix, which remains in business today and was toured by this reporter last summer. Inmates boil under the canvas of army surplus tents, wear pink underclothes and sleep on pink sheets. Some work on chain gangs.

Mr Arpaio acknowledged his tactics had meant that some Hispanics had become afraid even to go to church. But that was what he wanted. By his own calculation, he and his deputies had managed to drive as many as half of all the illegal immigrants out of the city.

Last edited:
And, to illustrate everything that I've been talking about concerning potential abuses of this law we have:

Sheriff Joe Arpario, who has hired 400 deputies in a sort of permanent posse to search for and arrest Hispanics suspected of being illegal immigrants.

Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US - Americas, World - The Independent

Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US
By David Usborne

So, essentially you think "potential abuse" = "law enforcement"

How very unoriginal.

You do realise that ALL law enforcement has the potential to be abused, right?

How very unoriginal.

Hyperbole, Sampson? Really? I expect more from you.

I call this situation an "abuse", because the Sheriff is giving untrained "Deputies" free reign to go arrest any Hispanic they find that doesn't have an ID on them, as per the new law.

That is, without a doubt, an "abuse".

How very unoriginal.

I call this situation an "abuse", because the Sheriff is giving untrained "Deputies" free reign to go arrest any Hispanic they find that doesn't have an ID on them, as per the new law.

Shoot.:confused:

:eusa_hand:

I forgot that we can only use your definition of "abuse."

I interpret the sherriff's action to apprehend as many of the people in Arizona illegally, and most of which are criminals for other reasons, "law enforcement."

Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US
By David Usborne

Hispanics in Phoenix, Arizona, live on the patch of a man they call the "toughest sheriff in America", who, in his own way, has already been implementing many of the measures now contained in the new, state-wide immigration Bill.

He is Joe Arpaio, and stands as a symbol of what mortifies so many people about the new law – he is under investigation by the Justice Department for alleged civil rights abuses – and of the reasons it passed in the first place. And why the Governor, Janet Brewer, signed it. That's because Mr Arpaio, 77, does better with the voters the harsher he plays it. In November 2008 he was elected to serve as county sheriff for the fifth time.

In his first terms in office, Mr Arpaio was not focused on illegal immigration so much as crime generally. He rose to national prominence by opening his now infamous "tent city" prison in Phoenix, which remains in business today and was toured by this reporter last summer. Inmates boil under the canvas of army surplus tents, wear pink underclothes and sleep on pink sheets. Some work on chain gangs.

By turning his focus on illegal immigration, he has made himself more, not less, popular at the Phoenix ballot box. The Mayor, Philip Gordon, told The Independent of Mr Arpaio's "reign of terror" over the city with frequent, so-called "crime suppression" sweeps, which always seem to happen in the most Hispanic parts of town. Even a broken brake light is enough for Mr Arpaio's men to demand legal documentation.

Mr Arpaio acknowledged his tactics had meant that some Hispanics had become afraid even to go to church. But that was what he wanted. By his own calculation, he and his deputies had managed to drive as many as half of all the illegal immigrants out of the city. The Justice Department could go hang.

Mr Arpaio is not universally loved, but it is his political success that informed Governor Brewer when she signed the bill into law last week. She faces a tough primary race to remain in her job. But the sudden backlash may force the federal government to pass comprehensive immigration reform, with a form of amnesty for illegals already in the US. That would finally send Mr Arpaio into retirement.

The only problem here is that in the ONE example that this article gave of what they think is wrong, they're actually doing nothing wrong. When ANYONE gets stopped for a broken tail light, they are asked for ID. But now I guess we need to have profiling in reverse, they shouldn't be allowed to ask for ID if the person stopped is Hispanic. Makes perfect sense.

Rick

The only problem here is that in the ONE example that this article gave of what they think is wrong, they're actually doing nothing wrong. When ANYONE gets stopped for a broken tail light, they are asked for ID. But now I guess we need to have profiling in reverse, they shouldn't be allowed to ask for ID if the person stopped is Hispanic. Makes perfect sense.

Rick

So, you just ignored the entire rest of the thread then?

How very unoriginal.

Please cite the source for this information "Sheriff (Arpaio) is giving untrained "Deputies" free reign to go arrest any Hispanic they find".

Wow, I started a thread on the sheriff in question, as I thought he was an interesting man to discuss, which I felt warranted a separate topic, and apparently the mods decided to delete it entirely, as opposed to moving it or combining it with something else. How strange.

Please cite the source for this information "Sheriff (Arpaio) is giving untrained "Deputies" free reign to go arrest any Hispanic they find".

Actually, my source is my boss' son, who lives in the county in question and was just personally telling us about what the Sheriff is doing.

There's really no substitute for having a first hand account.

Actually, my source is my boss' son, who lives in the county in question and was just personally telling us about what the Sheriff is doing.

There's really no substitute for having a first hand account.

In other words you have nothing. Just as I thought.

Forum List

Back