Protests against AZ's immigration law turn violent.

I find it quite funny that Democrats are calling for Army troops to be sent in to Chicago to quell gang violence, murder, and drug trafficking yet when a State does basically the same thing by passing a law that allows state law enforcement officials to enforce an existing federal statute due to government ignorance of that State's plight all of a sudden the left wingers fear the police!

With which your problem presumably is that the police might develop this suspicion based solely on racial profile, correct?

That is half the problem.

The other half is that NO citizen should be arrested just because they're not carrying ID. That is what this law entails.

Mexican, European, Zimbabwean, it doesn't matter, the point is that requiring people to carry "their papers" everywhere they go, and then arresting them if they do not, is a very scary, totalitarian prospect.

This sets a very dangerous legal precedent, that can easily be turned to use in other circumstances.

No citizen is arrested "just because they're not carrying ID." They are detained until their identity can be verified.

What you refuse to see is that illegal immigrants are not citizens of the U.S. and therefore do not have the same freedoms that we as citizens have.

Rick

With which your problem presumably is that the police might develop this suspicion based solely on racial profile, correct?

That is half the problem.

The other half is that NO citizen should be arrested just because they're not carrying ID. That is what this law entails.

Mexican, European, Zimbabwean, it doesn't matter, the point is that requiring people to carry "their papers" everywhere they go, and then arresting them if they do not, is a very scary, totalitarian prospect.

This sets a very dangerous legal precedent, that can easily be turned to use in other circumstances.

No citizen is arrested "just because they're not carrying ID." They are detained until their identity can be verified.

What you refuse to see is that illegal immigrants are not citizens of the U.S. and therefore do not have the same freedoms that we as citizens have.

Rick

When you, like VLWC does, get your talking points from the DNC and the blogosphere and have no idea how to read and interpret laws those are the kinds of statements you see from the left wingers.

"Other circumstances," like what?

Hundreds of other circumstances. Any circumstance that any official would like to persecute anyone.

All they'd have to do is find that person without ID, and have any trumped up reason to have "Lawful Contact" with the person, and they could either arrest them or have them arrested.

Rick

Incorrect. The language of the law specifically calls for an "Arrest", not "Detaining".

Hundreds of other circumstances. Any circumstance that any official would like to persecute anyone.

All they'd have to do is find that person without ID, and have any trumped up reason to have "Lawful Contact" with the person, and they could either arrest them or have them arrested.

No, they couldn't. They could DETAIN them. There is a HUGE difference.

Rick

I find it quite funny that Democrats are calling for Army troops to be sent in to Chicago to quell gang violence, murder, and drug trafficking yet when a State does basically the same thing by passing a law that allows state law enforcement officials to enforce an existing federal statute due to government ignorance of that State's plight all of a sudden the left wingers fear the police!

Did you copy and paste this from the last time you said it, or did you bother to type it out again?

As I said the last time you said this, please feel free to point out where any democrat suggested that "Army Troops" or anyone else be randomly allowed to arrest anyone who isn't carrying an ID.

Rick

As I have mentioned previously in this thread, this is the actual text from the bill:

E. A Law Enforcement Officer, without a warrant, may arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offense that makes a person removable from the United States.

There is no "Detain" mentioned in the bill in relation to this. I'm not really sure where all you folks got the word "detained".

It must be something spread by the right-wing media.

Did you copy and paste this from the last time you said it, or did you bother to type it out again?

As I said the last time you said this, please feel free to point out where any democrat suggested that "Army Troops" or anyone else be randomly allowed to arrest anyone who isn't carrying an ID.

YOU just stated a BALD FACE LIE!!!! Sorry I don't need to address things that are LIES.

Rick

As I have mentioned previously in this thread, this is the actual text from the bill:

E. A Law Enforcement Officer, without a warrant, may arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offense that makes a person removable from the United States.

There is no "Detain" mentioned in the bill in relation to this. I'm not really sure where all you folks got the word "detained".

It must be something spread by the right-wing media.

Define what a public offense is.

Where's the outrage over these SEDITIONISTS and THREATS TO NATIONAL SECURITY....is there no response by the left winger Tea Party bashers because none of the violent protester's named is Timiteo McVeighzales!!!!...or is because the Tea Party basher are nothing more than a bunch of partisan hypocrites?

I find it amazing....

unarmed liberals, risking their lives against well armed and violence -prone conservative tea-baggers

to fight for truth and justice and liberty....

while cowardly conservatives
brandishing automatic weapons
threaten decent Americans with violent civil war

Where's the outrage over these SEDITIONISTS and THREATS TO NATIONAL SECURITY....is there no response by the left winger Tea Party bashers because none of the violent protester's named is Timiteo McVeighzales!!!!...or is because the Tea Party basher are nothing more than a bunch of partisan hypocrites?

I find it amazing....

unarmed liberals, risking their lives against well armed and violence -prone conservative tea-baggers

I'll leave this dipshit for you Patek!:razz:

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

I find it amazing....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nothing to say. I just thought that shit deserved to be held up to ridicule again.

I find it amazing....

Unarmed Liberals?

Yeah, tell that to the cop who got clocked in the head by a bottle thrown by a liberal scumbag.

And please tell us, dipshit, when have the riot police been called to help quell violence at ANY tea party.

I find it amazing....

What an incredibly ignorant post. I'm glad the the vast majority of liberals aren't this ignorant.

:eusa_eh:

As long as you're fantasizing, could you include an octopus in the picture?

only if its good looking and has a couple of nice tetas...:lol:

"tetas?"

Picture.jpg

thats^^^^^what i am talking about....:eusa_drool:

Walking down the street an officer sees you while you happen to be wearing your brown skin today (it just goes so well with my favorite shorts). The officer stops to ask you if you had seen a brown man running this way. He then notices the brown skin you happened to be wearing today and asks you if you have your papers for wearing brown skin in Arizona.

give us a fucking break will ya....:lol:....

Forum List

Back