Protester's Family Appeals Lawsuit Against Bulldozer-Maker

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
POSTED: 5:27 pm PST March 23, 2006

SEATTLE -- The parents of a 23-year-old who was killed trying to prevent the demolition of an occupied Palestinian home have appealed a judge's decision to dismiss their lawsuit against Caterpiller Incorporated, the company that made the bulldozer that ran over her.

Rachel Corrie, a student at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, was killed three years ago by an Israeli soldier driving a bulldozer. Though witnesses said she was clearly visible, the army claimed the bulldozer driver didn't see her.

A federal judge in Tacoma dismissed her parents' lawsuit in November, agreeing with Caterpiller that it wasn't responsible for what the Israeli army did with its legally sold product.

But the appeal argues the company is liable because it sold bulldozers to Israel knowing they would be used to destroy civilian homes in violation of international law.

Caterpiller lawyer James Magee said the company believes the lawsuit dismissal was correct. He declined further comment on the appeal.

Her family should be ashamed to be human. How ANYBODY can be so f'ing STUPID and GREEDY at the same time. (sigh). That's sorta like Me trying to sue the Catholic Church because "God Sent a Tornado" which wiped out my trailer...or a bit like me trying to sue Canon Cameras because I got hit by a car while in the street taking a picture with one of their cameras.

(sigh).

goes hand in hand with sueing gun manufacturers. they gun needed someone to put the trigger in order to fire. the bulldozer needed someone to operate it to run that woman over.

its all bullshit and yes they should be ashamed. they should of had to pay to clean he guts off the things tracks...

Forum List

Back