Proof Of Warmer Earlier Climate! Swiss Geologist Studies 10,800-Year Old Tree Trunk Under Alps Glacier

Yes. I do believe the climate scientists are ignoring it.

And you think they're ignoring your perspective because it proves AGW isn't happening? Do you think there might be a big difference between you and a climate scientist when it comes to knowledge about how our climate works?
Ummmm... it's not my perspective that the earth transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet 3 to 5 million years ago. It's common knowledge. No one disputes it.

Can you tell me why the earth transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an ice house planet? Because if you don't understand that change in climates then maybe you are the one who doesn't understand how climate works.

What is you background in science by the way? I'm an engineer.

Just as soon as you answer my question. Quid pro quo.

You are attempting to turn the argument ad hominem because you have nothing else to fall back on. I'm not playing that game. Your views are different than the views of climate scientists and scientific institutions all over the planet. Being an engineer doesn't mean you can't be ignorant about climate science.

Just as soon as you answer my question. Quid pro quo.

You are attempting to turn the argument ad hominem because you have nothing else to fall back on. I'm not playing that game. Your views are different than the views of climate scientists and scientific institutions all over the planet. Being an engineer doesn't mean you can't be ignorant about climate science.
No. Actually I am not. I am trying to understand if you have any background in science whatsoever. It is relevant to a discussion on science. You don;t know what my views are. I have not told you my views yet. Engineering is the commercial application of science.

Do you have any scientific background at all? Yes or no?

No. Actually I am not. I am trying to understand if you have any background in science whatsoever. It is relevant to a discussion on science. You don;t know what my views are. I have not told you my views yet. Engineering is the commercial application of science.

Why is my background relevant when I am defending the views and credentials of the most qualified people on Earth?

Why is my background relevant when I am defending the views and credentials of the most qualified people on Earth?
So none at all then. Got it.

Did you at least graduate high school?

It's not ad hominen. I am trying to understand if you are qualified in even understanding what you think you know.

Making the debate about me is ad hominem. Do you know what that means? You are not disagreeing with my climate views. You are disagreeing with scientists. I defer to scientists in scientific issues I don't specialize in because I'm not an idiot.

It's not ad hominen. I am trying to understand if you are qualified in even understanding what you think you know.

Making the debate about me is ad hominem. Do you know what that means? You are not disagreeing with my climate views. You are disagreeing with scientists. I defer to scientists in scientific issues I don't specialize in because I'm not an idiot.
This isn't the debate. This is the pre-debate statement of qualifications.

I blame Fred Flinstone. Do the Envirowhackos ever get tired of being wrong about everything they preach in their religious cult? Previously hidden under a Swiss glacier, a 10,800-year old tree trunk was discovered and tells us the Alps were much warmer in the early Holocene than today.
No one claims that temps haven't varied over the eons. That's a given. The question is, what's the cause this time? Not all shifts in temp had the same cause. One of the most salient points in favor of AGW theory is the rapid time course of the rise, coinciding with an increase in greenhouse gases due to the Industrial Revolution, esp. CO2, such that human activity releases more in days than all the volcanoes on earth do in a normal year.

Do the Earth's volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? No.
Actually---------------the SUN answers most of it...As the earth hits warms periods so does the other planets.

The debate hasn't even started yet. I can't even get you to state your academic qualifications.

I don't know what you think you're debating. You are disagreeing with climate scientists all over the planet. That is plainly apparent and true. My background is not relevant but you're trying to make it so. I am not the one doing climate science research. If you actually want to alleviate your ignorance you might go talk to somebody more qualified.

The debate hasn't even started yet. I can't even get you to state your academic qualifications.

I don't know what you think you're debating. You are disagreeing with climate scientists all over the planet. That is plainly apparent and true. My background is not relevant but you're trying to make it so. I am not the one doing climate science research. If you actually want to alleviate your ignorance you might go talk to somebody more qualified.
I'm not discussing this with them. I am discussing it with you. Before I do so, I want to at least know what your qualifications are. If you want to state that you have none and rely on statements of others that is perfectly fine. But you need to be honest about your qualifications.

Michael Mann is one person.

Yes. One person who won't release his data.
What is he hiding?

Climate scientists all over the planet understand that AGW is happening.

Do they understand what percentage is natural warming and what percentage is man-made?
Perhaps you could share the percentage here?

A conspiracy that large and obvious would never float in science.

Exactly! Emails explaining how to manipulate the data, hide the decline or use "Mike's Nature Trick"
would be a real scandal. Climate scientists talking about blacklisting skeptics and not publishing their research would do real damage to real science.

I hope nothing like that ever happens. It might make people think there is a conspiracy, eh?

You want there to be a conspiracy because you're politically motivated so you invent one. There is no conspiracy. You're just ignorant.

You won't look at all the wrongdoing on your side because you're politically motivated to do so.

It's willfull ignorance on your part.

Forum List

Back