CDZ Programs opposed by Conservatives that were successes

Not if you read the responses on this thread

Meh...I just wish you were more of a unifier than divider. You're smarter than this.
Liberals need conservatives, and conservatives need liberals. We get the best policies when they work together, and we get shit policies when they go alone.
You should know that.
And right now America's Achilles heel is our divisions.
Conservatives threw away any semblance of bipartisanship once Obama was elected

C'mon...the Democrats did the same thing with Reagan.
One of these days i would love to win you over to the middle...and realize that corruption and corporatism is the real enemy. And BOTH sides are no less corrupt than they other. Like Obama, he was a globalist and a corporatist. Bush was AWOL, Obama was an active participant in the continual investor class takeover of America.
Tip ONeil worked with Reagan. He couldn’t have passed his agenda without Democrats crossing the aisle
Democrats worked with W Bush

Not a single Republican would work with Obama

Ah but at the same time, Obama wouldn't work wit the Republicans. Obama's idea of "working" with them was to provide them the opportunity to agree with him. Obama didn't exactly help the relationship himself on many levels.
But this is what you get with a divided nation. One party will not dare to work with the other. You place more importance on who started this, I place more importance on stopping it.
We have a very well organized layered system of media/entertainment/education/advertising industries that work in unison to continue to divide us. And it is working spectacularly. Corporations/elite wealthy class are extracting every bit of value they can from the masses and none of us are paying any attention to it. We are too busy with Trump Derangement Syndrome and AOC syndrome to notice.
Obama worked with Republicans on Stimulus and Healthcare
Begging them to participate
They all refused and not a single one voted for it

Democrats supported Bush programs
Can you name a single Obama program that Republicans voted for?

Meh...I just wish you were more of a unifier than divider. You're smarter than this.
Liberals need conservatives, and conservatives need liberals. We get the best policies when they work together, and we get shit policies when they go alone.
You should know that.
And right now America's Achilles heel is our divisions.

One of these days i would love to win you over to the middle...and realize that corruption and corporatism is the real enemy. And BOTH sides are no less corrupt than they other. Like Obama, he was a globalist and a corporatist. Bush was AWOL, Obama was an active participant in the continual investor class takeover of America.
Tip ONeil worked with Reagan. He couldn’t have passed his agenda without Democrats crossing the aisle

Ah but at the same time, Obama wouldn't work wit the Republicans. Obama's idea of "working" with them was to provide them the opportunity to agree with him. Obama didn't exactly help the relationship himself on many levels.
But this is what you get with a divided nation. One party will not dare to work with the other. You place more importance on who started this, I place more importance on stopping it.
We have a very well organized layered system of media/entertainment/education/advertising industries that work in unison to continue to divide us. And it is working spectacularly. Corporations/elite wealthy class are extracting every bit of value they can from the masses and none of us are paying any attention to it. We are too busy with Trump Derangement Syndrome and AOC syndrome to notice.

You are blind guy.
Obama invited the Republicans to participate only if they agreed to his agenda. When they wouldn't comply, both him and the media would say " they are obstructionist!!!, they refuse to work with us!!".
All bullshit.
In healthcare, the Republicans wanted cross-state competition, something that is VERY much needed and Obama and the Democrats would have none of it.
It is tragic that all you see is blame for one side, and complete glory on the other.
Sheep.

You are blind guy.
Obama invited the Republicans to participate only if they agreed to his agenda. When they wouldn't comply, both him and the media would say " they are obstructionist!!!, they refuse to work with us!!".
All bullshit.
In healthcare, the Republicans wanted cross-state competition, something that is VERY much needed and Obama and the Democrats would have none of it.
It is tragic that all you see is blame for one side, and complete glory on the other.
Sheep.
You still have yet to show s single bill where Republicans supported Obsma

Democrats supported Bush
Republicans refused to work with Obama. Not one vote

You are blind guy.
All bullshit.
Sheep.

Democrats supported Bush

The Recovery act...and it like to have killed Obama to reduce the spending package to get it passed.
Surveillance reform act.
Food Safety bill
There were many things that were also sponsered by Republicans that past, such as the Medicare reform bill that changed how physicians were paid.
But beside that, again, look at Democrats today. You think they are working with Trump??? Of course not.

You are blind guy.
All bullshit.
Sheep.

Democrats supported Bush

The Recovery act...and it like to have killed Obama to reduce the spending package to get it passed.
Surveillance reform act.
Food Safety bill
There were many things that were also sponsered by Republicans that past, such as the Medicare reform bill that changed how physicians were paid.
But beside that, again, look at Democrats today. You think they are working with Trump??? Of course not.
Obama bent over backward to include Republicans in the recovery act. Huge tax rebayes, state control of the funds, jobs programs

Not a single Republican voted for it

Republicans made their bed on bipartisan cooperation

Trump can sleep in it

Why stop at one?
Medicare: bankrupting the nation while not really paying for the care people need!
Social Security: bankrupting the nation through government mismanagement while only letting old people starve more slowly.
EPA: weaponized strong-arm of the government used to attack people like Gibson Guitar like the gestapo for no good reason at all, and taking people's land.
OSHA: does some good while drastically increasing costs to companies and thus the services and products they provider to the consumer.
Affirmative Action: After decades of passing over better qualified white people, blacks are STILL poor and cannot find a job.
Gay Right: Gays have no rights that any other person doesn't have except government force now levied to use them to put bakeries out of business for simply not wanting to violate their religious beliefs.
Americans With Disabilities Act: Does a lot of good if you can get labeled disabled. Problem is the red tape for a lot of truly disabled people who fall through the government cracks.
Let’s look at gays before gay rights legislation
They were routinely beaten up by rednecks who would say...... that fag tried to grope me so I hit him
They were afraid to admit they were gay because they would lose their jobs
If they were in the military they could get arrested
They could not marry the person they loved
What were you saying about cakes?
Fine so you isolated a particular instance of injustice. All they had to do is not go around telling people they were gay or acting overtly queer and they could avoid 90% of all that! Don't you see, EVERYONE goes through things like that in one way, time or another, all the law has done is elevate them now to a SPECIAL CLASS while ignoring the problems of 10,000 other situations! Worse, it has now foisted some of the injustice they used to face now onto the laps of other people. The law solved nothing but move things around. Had it not been for the new special gay laws, a religious couple trying to merely run a quiet bakery could have protected their own religious interests and a gay couple would have merely said, Oh well, we'll go try the bakery two blocks down the street, instead, it became a FEDERAL matter costing people hundreds of thousands of dollars and almost costing them their lives and business!

All the "law" has done is create a BIGGER problem for a new set of people. Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have. And now many gays are leveraging that power against those they don't like. Government solves everything by force with threat of a gun. You never really solve anything that way and now a new problem simply exists for more people than before, meantime all other problems for other people have been ignored. The idea that you can solve everything with a new law has only led us to a gigantic, oppressive government and an over-regulated society.

"Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have."

I don't see any "special status" or "power"

Personally I don't think ANY like-minded group of Americans should have "special status" or "power". Not even conservative christians or white males.
I believe you are wrong here. Like with almost any government program, the bureaucrats went regulation crazy and started passing regulations that did little good but came with an exorbitant cost.

Everyone wants clean air and water. But we simply cannot afford PRISTINE air and water.

Mark

EPA set strict standards
Yea , we know it saves you money dumping your contaminants directly in the river

It has been a major success
I remember pre 1970 America

No one has a problem with strict standards. They do have a problem with unreasonable standards. There always has to be a cost/benefit analysis done when enacting these regulations. The eco-zealots have went beyond reasonable.

Mark

Benefits over how long a period?
Costs are short term. Environmental impacts can be lasting

Come on. You truly don't believe that spending billions on iota's is logical, do you?

Mark
I trust the EPA more when they tell me what is safe to release into the environment than I trust manufacturers to tell me .....Don’t worry, this stuff can’t hurt you

There's nothing the government regulates that cannot be done much better and for far less money by a private third party. Just take the TSA for instance.
  • After the catastrophic accident that allowed millions of gallons of toxic wastewater to befoul the Animas River in Colorado, the serious question is why was the Environmental Protection Agency managing this waste in the first place?
  • The Environmental Protection Agency barred some reporters — perhaps illegally — from a summit on toxic chemicals linked to cancer, allegedly shoving an AP reporter out the door when she asked to see a press officer and started filming threats from security guards on her phone.
  • Nearly 4,000 new EPA Regulations Issued Under President Obama alone.

They were routinely beaten up by rednecks who would say...... that fag tried to grope me so I hit him
Fine so you isolated a particular instance of injustice. All they had to do is not go around telling people they were gay or acting overtly queer and they could avoid 90% of all that! Don't you see, EVERYONE goes through things like that in one way, time or another, all the law has done is elevate them now to a SPECIAL CLASS while ignoring the problems of 10,000 other situations! Worse, it has now foisted some of the injustice they used to face now onto the laps of other people. The law solved nothing but move things around. Had it not been for the new special gay laws, a religious couple trying to merely run a quiet bakery could have protected their own religious interests and a gay couple would have merely said, Oh well, we'll go try the bakery two blocks down the street, instead, it became a FEDERAL matter costing people hundreds of thousands of dollars and almost costing them their lives and business!

All the "law" has done is create a BIGGER problem for a new set of people. Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have. And now many gays are leveraging that power against those they don't like. Government solves everything by force with threat of a gun. You never really solve anything that way and now a new problem simply exists for more people than before, meantime all other problems for other people have been ignored. The idea that you can solve everything with a new law has only led us to a gigantic, oppressive government and an over-regulated society.

"Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have."

Personally I don't think ANY like-minded group of Americans should have "special status" or "power". Not even conservative christians or white males.
EPA set strict standards
Yea , we know it saves you money dumping your contaminants directly in the river

No one has a problem with strict standards. They do have a problem with unreasonable standards. There always has to be a cost/benefit analysis done when enacting these regulations. The eco-zealots have went beyond reasonable.

Mark

Come on. You truly don't believe that spending billions on iota's is logical, do you?

Mark
I trust the EPA more when they tell me what is safe to release into the environment than I trust manufacturers to tell me .....Don’t worry, this stuff can’t hurt you

There's nothing the government regulates that cannot be done much better and for far less money by a private third party. Just take the TSA for instance.
  • After the catastrophic accident that allowed millions of gallons of toxic wastewater to befoul the Animas River in Colorado, the serious question is why was the Environmental Protection Agency managing this waste in the first place?
  • The Environmental Protection Agency barred some reporters — perhaps illegally — from a summit on toxic chemicals linked to cancer, allegedly shoving an AP reporter out the door when she asked to see a press officer and started filming threats from security guards on her phone.
Bullshit
Want the private sector managing the EPA for profit?

So you have no answer

The fact that you don't like the answer doesn't alter the fact that it is an answer.

Fact is, there is no way to turn Social Security into a savings plan. Each generation pays for the generation before them

Interesting...private investment firms do it all the time...by law they must do it...if they didn't, it would be a ponzi scheme and they would be imprisioned.

We have an obligation to continue to have current workers pay for past workers. Most are advised to also invest in a 401k so you get the best of both worlds. A pension and retirement savings. That is what I have

No...we have an obligation to either turn SS into the savings plan it is suppose to be..or we stop forcing people to pay in...we could easily shut down a number of other failing government programs and pay for those presently receiving SS till they die...

And you keep talking about your 401k....the fact that you must have an alternate savings program to supplement the program that you have been forced to pay into for your entire working life speaks volumes about the failure of SS.

Mark

Mark

Bullshit

You only think that because you're an idiot who has never had your business raided by EPA federal agents with machine guns like storm troopers throwing employees against the wall shouting orders at them like they were murderers and raiding them for the use of some foreign wood that they had a license to buy to make guitar bodies like Gibson guitar had done to them under Obama. Then they had to make a deal with them and eventually had to pay the EPA hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines to make the EPA go away despite the fact that no crime had occurred. The government is never your friend even when occasionally it works in your favor.

So you have no answer

The fact that you don't like the answer doesn't alter the fact that it is an answer.

Fact is, there is no way to turn Social Security into a savings plan. Each generation pays for the generation before them

Interesting...private investment firms do it all the time...by law they must do it...if they didn't, it would be a ponzi scheme and they would be imprisioned.

We have an obligation to continue to have current workers pay for past workers. Most are advised to also invest in a 401k so you get the best of both worlds. A pension and retirement savings. That is what I have

No...we have an obligation to either turn SS into the savings plan it is suppose to be..or we stop forcing people to pay in...we could easily shut down a number of other failing government programs and pay for those presently receiving SS till they die...

And you keep talking about your 401k....the fact that you must have an alternate savings program to supplement the program that you have been forced to pay into for your entire working life speaks volumes about the failure of SS.
You still fail to explain how you intend to turn Social Security into a savings plan without screwing the hundred million people expecting benefits

Mark

Bullshit

You only think that because you're an idiot who has never had your business raided by EPA federal agents with machine guns like storm troopers throwing employees against the wall shouting orders at them like they were murderers and raiding them for the use of some foreign wood that they had a license to buy to make guitar bodies like Gibson guitar had done to them under Obama. Then they had to make a deal with them and eventually had to pay the EPA hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines to make the EPA go away despite the fact that no crime had occurred. The government is never your friend even when occasionally it works in your favor.

I trust the EPA to make decisions regarding protecting our environment more than I trust private companies who tell me.......Don’t worry, this is perfectly safe

Mark

Bullshit

I trust the EPA to make decisions regarding protecting our environment more than I trust private companies who tell me.......Don’t worry, this is perfectly safe

Bottom line: you're just an anti-white, anti-christian big government statist!

Bullshit

Bottom line: you're just an anti-white, anti-christian big government statist!

?

Why stop at one?
Medicare: bankrupting the nation while not really paying for the care people need!
Social Security: bankrupting the nation through government mismanagement while only letting old people starve more slowly.
EPA: weaponized strong-arm of the government used to attack people like Gibson Guitar like the gestapo for no good reason at all, and taking people's land.
OSHA: does some good while drastically increasing costs to companies and thus the services and products they provider to the consumer.
Affirmative Action: After decades of passing over better qualified white people, blacks are STILL poor and cannot find a job.
Gay Right: Gays have no rights that any other person doesn't have except government force now levied to use them to put bakeries out of business for simply not wanting to violate their religious beliefs.
Americans With Disabilities Act: Does a lot of good if you can get labeled disabled. Problem is the red tape for a lot of truly disabled people who fall through the government cracks.

I believe you are wrong here. Like with almost any government program, the bureaucrats went regulation crazy and started passing regulations that did little good but came with an exorbitant cost.

Everyone wants clean air and water. But we simply cannot afford PRISTINE air and water.

Mark

EPA set strict standards

Mark

Mark

If you had ever run a business, you might think differently.

Mark

So you have no answer

You still fail to explain how you intend to turn Social Security into a savings plan without screwing the hundred million people expecting benefits

The 100 year plan.

Mark

I already said we need to raise retirement to 70 for new workers
Rules from 1935 do not need to apply today

If you do not like SS......how do you propose ending it without impacting 40 million retirees?

Young adults today know there will be nothing left for them.

Yes, the age for benefits needs to rise in conjunction with our increase in life expectancy.

Raising the income level is destructive. Since 1990, I for one, have been paying 15.3% of a substantial part of my income into SS and Medicare. For that amount, I could have easily bought another rental house, refurbished it and started a positive cash flow.

Today I, and millions like me, are paying over $20,000 a year for only SS and Medicare. That doesn't include income taxes and others. That's obscene.

Not a Ponzi scheme when the investment is covered

Still looking for an answer on how you can abandon SS

It most certainly is a Ponzi Scheme. It didn't start out that way, but it is one today.

Ponzi scheme
noun
Pon·zi scheme | \ ˈpän-zē- \
Definition of Ponzi scheme

: an investment swindle in which some early investors are paid off with money put up by later ones in order to encourage more and bigger risks

No one has proposed abandoning SS, especially not overnight. Reduce our cost? The same way Progressives fed us, day by day to be dependent on Social Security. Incrementalism.

Safety usually is.......until you need it
Seat Belts? What Bullshit!

Do you honestly believe that were it not for regulations, our cars today would have neither seat-belts or air-bags?

Far superior headlights are available for cars today. Easily half or more of the cars competing in endurance races today use them. Decades GM came up with a dual headlight system, superior to the two headlights of the day. They had car bodies designed to use them. It was several years before they were able to install them on their new cars.

Thankfully, we do not have a helmet law in Florida. I only need to carry insurance to cover my medical expenses. I would never ride in traffic without a helmet, gloves, boots. Then again, on these spectacular Spring nights, with the cool air, I can leave the helmet at home and ride with my hair blowing in the wind.

Sure, we need regulations but government always goes overboard.

BUT, Republicans worked well with former President Bill Clinton.

If you're about to throw down the race card, don't. That's been long overused.

How could you, or anyone, expect Republicans/Conservatives to work with Democrats after the Obamacare fiasco? A law American did not want, could not afford being shoved up our respective throats.

Here are just 25 of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's comments. You tell me how any Republican/Conservative can work with a man with such attitudes.

The 25 Most Obnoxious Quotes From Barack Obama
John Hawkins
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 12:01 AM
[...]
3) "I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe." -- Barack Obama

2) "...I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." -- Barack Obama

1) "You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." -- Barack Obama

The 25 Most Obnoxious Quotes From Barack Obama

Forum List

Back