CDZ Programs opposed by Conservatives that were successes

Fine so you isolated a particular instance of injustice. All they had to do is not go around telling people they were gay or acting overtly queer and they could avoid 90% of all that! Don't you see, EVERYONE goes through things like that in one way, time or another, all the law has done is elevate them now to a SPECIAL CLASS while ignoring the problems of 10,000 other situations! Worse, it has now foisted some of the injustice they used to face now onto the laps of other people. The law solved nothing but move things around. Had it not been for the new special gay laws, a religious couple trying to merely run a quiet bakery could have protected their own religious interests and a gay couple would have merely said, Oh well, we'll go try the bakery two blocks down the street, instead, it became a FEDERAL matter costing people hundreds of thousands of dollars and almost costing them their lives and business!

All the "law" has done is create a BIGGER problem for a new set of people. Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have. And now many gays are leveraging that power against those they don't like. Government solves everything by force with threat of a gun. You never really solve anything that way and now a new problem simply exists for more people than before, meantime all other problems for other people have been ignored. The idea that you can solve everything with a new law has only led us to a gigantic, oppressive government and an over-regulated society.

"Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have."

I don't see any "special status" or "power"

Personally I don't think ANY like-minded group of Americans should have "special status" or "power". Not even conservative christians or white males.
No one has a problem with strict standards. They do have a problem with unreasonable standards. There always has to be a cost/benefit analysis done when enacting these regulations. The eco-zealots have went beyond reasonable.

Mark

Benefits over how long a period?
Costs are short term. Environmental impacts can be lasting

Come on. You truly don't believe that spending billions on iota's is logical, do you?

Mark
I trust the EPA more when they tell me what is safe to release into the environment than I trust manufacturers to tell me .....Don’t worry, this stuff can’t hurt you

If you had ever run a business, you might think differently.

Mark
We are under no obligation to help you make money by poisoning the environment

But....but....it only hurts a little

The law of diminishing returns has to be used when dealing with any subject. If a slight reduction in pollution costs billions, it just isn't worth the cost.

Mark

"Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have."

I don't see any "special status" or "power"

Personally I don't think ANY like-minded group of Americans should have "special status" or "power". Not even conservative christians or white males.
Benefits over how long a period?
Costs are short term. Environmental impacts can be lasting

Come on. You truly don't believe that spending billions on iota's is logical, do you?

Mark
I trust the EPA more when they tell me what is safe to release into the environment than I trust manufacturers to tell me .....Don’t worry, this stuff can’t hurt you

Mark

The law of diminishing returns has to be used when dealing with any subject. If a slight reduction in pollution costs billions, it just isn't worth the cost.

Mark
Sell the environment out to the highest bidder

Mark

Mark

Mark

No. Use logic and rational thought to construct policy.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Mark
Use scientific evidence to construct policy. Don't stock the EPA with oil company lobbyists

Mark

Mark

Mark
Use scientific evidence to construct policy. Don't stock the EPA with oil company lobbyists

I agree. But that still means that boundaries have to be put in place to keep our economy functioning.

Mark

Mark

Just how many businesses do you think actually "poison " the environment? Was Gibson poisoning it by making guitars bodies out of legal exotic wood? Were any of the people who had their land and property seized from them and not allowed to build their house on it because the EPA decided their property had some obscure, minuscule environmental issue poisoning the property? Who knows better than the government how much they like that tax revenue from businesses? Who better than the government knows more about mass murder of people, polluting everything and ecological disasters?

Environmental Science is a complex topic
There are many interactions and consequences that are not immediately evident to the layman

I trust the EPA to protect us more than I trust manufacturers

You trust big government, period. Manufacturing only makes up a small percentage of business affected by the EPA. You trust the same big government that history shows a repeated and constant abuser of its power in every worst way. I'm all for some common sense regulations and policing, but the EPA has become a tyrannical autocratic police state.

A Government if the people, by the people and for the people

Yeah but the people who work for that government are the ones not good enough to get a job in the private sector

Do you really think the engineers working for the NTSB are better than the ones working for Boeing?

Just how many businesses do you think actually "poison " the environment? Was Gibson poisoning it by making guitars bodies out of legal exotic wood? Were any of the people who had their land and property seized from them and not allowed to build their house on it because the EPA decided their property had some obscure, minuscule environmental issue poisoning the property? Who knows better than the government how much they like that tax revenue from businesses? Who better than the government knows more about mass murder of people, polluting everything and ecological disasters?

There are many interactions and consequences that are not immediately evident to the layman

You trust big government, period. Manufacturing only makes up a small percentage of business affected by the EPA. You trust the same big government that history shows a repeated and constant abuser of its power in every worst way. I'm all for some common sense regulations and policing, but the EPA has become a tyrannical autocratic police state.

Yeah but the people who work for that government are the ones not good enough to get a job in the private sector

Do you really think the engineers working for the NTSB are better than the ones working for Boeing?
You mean the ones who designed the 737 that keeps crashing?

The engineers at the NTSB never designed anything because they can't.

And how many planes has Boeing made that have a stellar safety record.

Does the old saying about one bad apple ring a bell?

How many of the government employees involved with the inspection of those planes caught that flaw?

No. Boeing Aircraft, who have designed and flown 38 different models of aircraft in its history with a problem with only one. And it might turn out that was due to some government regulation or restriction, vs. the government who promotes one good program for every 38 it offers. I'll stick with Boeing.

Boeing CREATES jobs, wealth, technology and taxable revenue. The government produces NOTHING.

PRIVATE ENTERPRISE: The gears than spin our economy.

GOVERNMENT: the grit between the gears.

No. Boeing Aircraft, who have designed and flown 38 different models of aircraft in its history with a problem with only one. And it might turn out that was due to some government regulation or restriction, vs. the government who promotes one good program for every 38 it offers. I'll stick with Boeing.

Boeing CREATES jobs, wealth, technology and taxable revenue. The government produces NOTHING.

Boeing ignored a critical safety flaw that crashed two planes

It was the government who told them they could not fly the plane until it was fixed

It was the government who told them they could not fly the plane until it was fixed
But the government gave the OK for the planes to be put into service

Airworthiness Certification Overview

The Certification Process
The FAA's aircraft certification processes are well established and have consistently assured safe aircraft designs. As part of any certification project, we conduct the following:

• Review any proposed designs and the methods that will be used to show that these designs and the overall airplane complies with FAA standards
  • Conduct certain ground and flight tests to demonstrate that the airplane meets the FAA standards
  • Evaluate the airplane to determine the required maintenance and operational suitability for introduction of the aircraft into service
  • Work with other civil aviation authorities on their approval of the aircraft, based primarily on work already completed by the FAA

UP YOURS WITH A RUBBER HOSE.

Boeing ignored NOTHING. They have nothing to gain by doing that. The plane was designed to take advantage of an earlier design by shifting and rebalancing a few components. This saved a lot of companies tons of money. Then some unforeseen problems were found recently that resulted in a couple of crashes. Turns out the problem was in a lack of TRAINING covered for the pilots in what to do in certain situations. Boeing will fix that. They will either correct it in the computer and/or in the pilot training, not to mention in their own vetting.

And it was TRUMP who grounded the planes.

Is all your accounting of the world so faulty? (The answer is YES, from a guy who calls OBAMA the greatest American president!)

Boeing ignored NOTHING. They have nothing to gain by doing that. The plane was designed to take advantage of an earlier design by shifting and rebalancing a few components. This saved a lot of companies tons of money. Then some unforeseen problems were found recently that resulted in a couple of crashes. Turns out the problem was in a lack of TRAINING covered for the pilots in what to do in certain situations. Boeing will fix that. They will either correct it in the computer and/or in the pilot training, not to mention in their own vetting.

Is all your accounting of the world so faulty? (The answer is YES, from a guy who calls OBAMA the greatest American president!)
Training on what to do if the plane flips out

The plane should not flip out

If planes were easy to fly, we could all fly them. Quite trying to use Boeing's one miscalculation, underestimation or mistake in 10,000 to justify governments one thing gotten right in every 10,000. It is too late now for you to save face. Had Trump not grounded these planes, Boeing would have done so themselves the minute they realized there was a problem and pattern developing here.

If planes were easy to fly, we could all fly them. Quite trying to use Boeing's one miscalculation, underestimation or mistake in 10,000 to justify governments one thing gotten right in every 10,000. It is too late now for you to save face. Had Trump not grounded these planes, Boeing would have done so themselves the minute they realized there was a problem and pattern developing here.
Boeing will pay

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Boeing will pay

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Boeing always pays. What is amazing though is your apparent PLEASURE and VINDICTIVENESS you take at seeing private companies (read: PEOPLE) take it on the chin for any reason while bending over backwards to defend big government no matter what.

And Boeing is one of America's finest companies!

Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, and missiles worldwide. The company also provides leasing and product support services. Boeing is among the largest global aircraft manufacturers; it is the fifth-largest defense contractor in the world based on 2017 revenue, and is the largest exporter in the United States by dollar value.

Says all one needs to know about you.

Boeing will pay

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Boeing always pays. What is amazing though is your apparent PLEASURE and VINDICTIVENESS you take at seeing private companies (read: PEOPLE) take it on the chin for any reason while bending over backwards to defend big government no matter what.

And Boeing is one of America's finest companies!

Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, and missiles worldwide. The company also provides leasing and product support services. Boeing is among the largest global aircraft manufacturers; it is the fifth-largest defense contractor in the world based on 2017 revenue, and is the largest exporter in the United States by dollar value.

Says all one needs to know about you.
Yes

Take it on the chin for killing people

Forum List

Back