President Obama Believes Marijuana is Less Dangerous Than Alcohol

I despise obama, but pot is less dangers than alcohol. Doesn't mean it's completely safe. Pot can cause lung cancer, probably screws up your brain. But alcohol destroys a lot more lives.

Everyone that repeats "Marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol" is out of touch.
This was very true in the past. I would have rather have someone on the road stoned than drunk.
But today...no so true. Modern high-high T variants you get 10 times as stoned as before.
Some variants are even hallucinogenic.
It is at least arguable today as to which is worse. Both are/can be devastating.
Having said that - I do not have a problem with legalizing it as a controlled substance. Prohibition does not work and only makes criminals out of otherwise normal-productive citizens.

No strains of weed are "hallucinogenic", and it's not the slightest bit "arguable" as to which is worse.

No one has died from smoking weed, even by getting "10 times as stoned", which is a laughable statement anyway.

THC is THC, whether you're smoking weed that's 10% by volume or 30%.

PLENTY have died from smoking weed and continue to die as we speak.

No one has ever overdosed on marijuana. People overdose all the time on an enormous number of different types of legal, including otc, drugs

I despise obama, but pot is less dangers than alcohol. Doesn't mean it's completely safe. Pot can cause lung cancer, probably screws up your brain. But alcohol destroys a lot more lives.

Ingestibles and vaporizers eliminate any physical risk. Not to mention that cigarettes have the benefit of filters which won't exist for marijuana until it's legal.

Plus when was the last time you ever heard of anyone smoking a pack of joints a day?

Sorry folks.
Heady Sativa for instance is widely known to cause pattern hallucinations and shadow trails.
As well as false auditory signals.
It just is.
Having said this...most people will never have marijuana this high quality.

Sorry folks.
Heady Sativa for instance is widely known to cause pattern hallucinations and shadow trails.
It just is.

:lol:

You must realize this post is complete nonsense, right?

I love it when people pretend to know what they're talking about.

Sorry folks.
It just is.

I would love to hear him describe what "heady" means. Or hell Sativa for that matter.

Somewhere right now there's a lame college freshmen out there saying "dude this is some seriously heady sativa bro" :laugh:

Sorry folks.
It just is.

I would love to hear him describe what "heady" means. Or hell Sativa for that matter.

Somewhere right now there's a lame college freshmen out there saying "dude this is some seriously heady sativa bro" :laugh:

"Heady" would be a more cerebral experience. As opposed the to more narcotic like experience of the Indica strain. And I know it can produce mild hallucinations, not like good Acid or Mushrooms mind you, but mild ones nonetheless.

Cannabis Sativa is less dangerous than alcohol, and more useful.

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

Hemp For Victory (1942) U.S. Department of Agriculture - YouTube

One [1] of my ex-wives was from a farm in Iowa and, when we walked through it during a visit, we came upon a huge growth of the "hemp plant". She told me that her father and all the other farmers grew it in response to a government push as they needed it to make cordage for war ships and other military uses. :eusa_whistle:

That's not the same kind of marijuana as marijuana that's used for getting high. There are different kinds you know.

Presidunce obama is a drug addict. Of course he doesn't see pot as harmful. Addicts never see their drug of choice as harmful. It's part of the justification they use to take the drug in the first place.

Hi, you have received -1305 reputation points from TheOldSchool.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
No variants are hallucinogenic. You\'re nuts

Regards,
TheOldSchool

If you are going to neg someone...at least have the guts to make your claim in public.
Obviously you do not know what you are talking about.

Pot is not hallucinogenic...but the stuff some people add to their ditch weed to make it seem less shitty IS!

Everyone that repeats "Marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol" is out of touch.
This was very true in the past. I would have rather have someone on the road stoned than drunk.
But today...no so true. Modern high-high T variants you get 10 times as stoned as before.
It is at least arguable today as to which is worse. Both are/can be devastating.
Having said that - I do not have a problem with legalizing it as a controlled substance. Prohibition does not work and only makes criminals out of otherwise normal-productive citizens.

No strains of weed are "hallucinogenic", and it's not the slightest bit "arguable" as to which is worse.

No one has died from smoking weed, even by getting "10 times as stoned", which is a laughable statement anyway.

Find me ONE PERSON who has died from an overdose of weed. Ready...GO!

The most dangerous thing about pot is that it is illegal :eusa_whistle: There is simply no credible argument that differentiates it from booze in a more negative way; any deleterious health aspect leveled against pot can be argued against alcohol at a greater degree. Making it illegal does not reduce it's availiblility - so you only add the pernicious black market aspects to it.

Did we learn one thing from prohibition :confused:

Weird to see small government people arguing for more government. Science supports Obama on this one...

It's not weird; conservatives just don't believe in small government. It's a big lie.

Liberals want the government to control your economic life and let you be free in your social life. Conservatives want you to be free in your economic life but control your social life.

That's simplistic of course, but you get the idea.

Libertarians want you to be free in your economic life and social life.

As per the OP, alcohol is far more dangerous, not just towards oneself but also towards others. For example, you never hear of stoners smoking weed and going home and beating their wife and kids. They go home and eat pop tarts and dry cereal.

One thing you'd think we should have learned over the Centuries is....

You can't legislate morality.

Not in a "Free" Country.

In North Korea? Maybe. In the US of A? Why even try?

You must have a lot of personal experience smoking MJ.

Ask any law enforcement (LE) officer if s/he would rather arrest a drunk or a stoner? Excessive alcohol consumption often produces angry and violent drunks, such behavior is unheard of with MJ (unless it has been stepped on by PCP or another powerful drug).

MJ prohibition has created a multi-billion dollar black market and it is ubiquitous throughout the United States, causing teens and young adults to interact with a criminal element.

Taxes collected when MJ is legally controlled and sold under government regulations can provide revenue to treat addicts of all alcohol and other drugs (AOD); when legally controlled the level of THC can be controlled as well as its effects. Dozens of high breeds are already for sale in Colorado.

LE will be able to more closely focus on dangerous drugs - crack & speed - and with MJ out of the mix courts, probation, DA's and PD' will have smaller case loads and able to focus on crimes of violence and larceny.

One thing you'd think we should have learned over the Centuries is....

You can't legislate morality.

Not in a "Free" Country.

In North Korea? Maybe. In the US of A? Why even try?

Pot is not regulated because it is immoral, but because it is dangerous.

Find me ONE PERSON who has died from an overdose of weed. Ready...GO!

How many people have died because someone ELSE was high on weed? In Colorado alone, fatal car accidents involving weed have tripled.

Forum List

Back