President Biden to withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11

Wish it was happening in May, as planned.
Oh well, as long as it happens. Of course, I take Biden with a grain of salt. Lies way to much for me to believe anything he says.

Didn't tRump say he was getting out then never did? Did he lie then as well?
MAGA
May was the draw out

Are you saying that before and after tRump was in office that he never promised to withdraw? Did he lie then?
MAGA
The plan was to pull out in May. Why are you being so obtuse?

Oh well, as long as it happens. Of course, I take Biden with a grain of salt. Lies way to much for me to believe anything he says.

Didn't tRump say he was getting out then never did? Did he lie then as well?
MAGA
May was the draw out

Are you saying that before and after tRump was in office that he never promised to withdraw? Did he lie then?
MAGA
The plan was to pull out in May. Why are you being so obtuse?

He had 4 years to withdraw and waited to make it happen AFTER he was out of office?
MAGA

we should have never gone just like Iraq a waste of blood and gold.
We were right to invade and clean out the nest of terrorists there

but not remain so long in an effort to nation build

because the afghans arent ready for civilization

just kill as many taliban and terrorists as we can in 6 months then withdraw

Afghanistan was quite civilized.. Literacy was high .. They had cinemas and cafes until the communists overthrew the monarchy in 1974.

Afghans have a great record at defeating world powers.
As I said, we should not have tried to subdue the afghans

if they want to be backward thats ok with me

Just kill as many hostiles as possible in 6 months then leave

and dont bother cleaning up any damage while we are there
I'd love to go there to get some rugs.

I got some lovely dresses from there.
and I bet the prices were great, if you buy them directly from the guy who makes them. I also have seen their operations of weapons making, they can facsimile anything made in the world and far cheaper.

After 20 years it's no longer "cut and run".

This is another example of why you can't trust a Republican. They are dishonest to their core.
Nice deflection. Biden is in charge now. So what is his excuse?

President Trump had pulled out all but 2500 troops in Afghanistan. The warmongers backed Biden, he won’t disappoint them.
Partisan hack.

This is where the Dems and neocons go all John McCain on us and start lecturing us that we need to stay in these places another 75 years and that leaving would be a “gift to Russia”.

This is another example of why you can't trust a Republican. They are dishonest to their core.

Actually,most of the Zionist warmongers are Dems (schumer, Feinstein, Biden, Bloomberg, NYT, WAPo), not that truth has ever mattered to you...
It's one of your fellow Republicans calling this a "cut and run". How about addressing that dishonesty instead of how I addressed that dishonesty?

Actually,most of the Zionist warmongers are Dems (schumer, Feinstein, Biden, Bloomberg, NYT, WAPo), not that truth has ever mattered to you...
It's one of your fellow Republicans calling this a "cut and run". How about addressing that dishonesty instead of how I addressed that dishonesty?
With Afghanistan it's always going to be a cut and run sooner or later.
As with the Soviet occupation, it was a great opportunity for the US to carry on a covert war against them.
Then it became vice versa for Russia. A bounty is paid for ears.

Is that why Dems boycotted the Dixie Chicks for not being on board with the Iraq war and daring to say not so nice things about a president that you folks now admit was a disaster??

Is that also why Dems boycotted "french fries" and wanted them to be called "Freedom fries" -- because of how France wasn't Neo-con enough about invading Iraq??

You conservatives really have no other recourse but to try to rewrite history due to the fact yall keep being on the wrong side of it

As with the Soviet occupation, it was a great opportunity for the US to carry on a covert war against them.
Then why is the term being used derogatorily?

"i no longer see war as a glorious endeavour, but something with a bloody cost. but we have no choice but to wage it when we have deadly enemies, don't we?" - George W Bush, 2006

the Afghan war at its zenith was so ironically dumb that you'd be against it if you just thought about it for 2 seconds. America was fighting with worse weapons than the enemy, and killing more civilians

apgiphy.gif

Then why is the term being used derogatorily?
What term? You'll have to elaborate on your question.

I don't have a D/R dog in your fight and so I will be approaching these foreign policy conversations as an outsider who is opposed to more US led wars.

Fwiw, the conversation being promoted now is that America is clearing it's plate of meaningless wars such as this one, in order to pursue others that are directly dealing with US efforts of exapansion of Nato borders.

Russia taking the Crimea stands as a huge insult to US aggressive policy in that it caused the Ukraine to lose that which was already established to be mutually acceptable.

The big problem with that one is that Russia can't possibly give up the Crimea. Look for US/Nato attempts to regain the mutually acceptable situation that existed before the US attempted a bridge too far.

Nuclear war is the only other option, and we both understand that isn't in the cards.

GWB told all of us in a speech to the country,'' That the war on terror will take years. If we don't face terror around the globe sooner or later we will face it here in the U.S.A. '' . Question: How should we change the strategy to keep Terrorist on the run and defeated. An keep another 911 from happening.

there is no question that Afghanistan is a REFUGE for
terrorists of the islamic persuasion, that does not
necessarily mean that we need troops there----just
"intelligence" to know where the notables are hiding
out. The people over there have ENOUGH troubles

Terrorists began moving to Yemen 20 years ago. The Taliban are war orphans who stay in Afghanistan.

what are you called "terrorists" in Yemen?----(keep in mind---hubby was born there LOTS LONGER than 20 years ago) The Taliban are PAKISTANI "idealists" in the
sunni JIHADI Persuasion. They tend to be OFF THE UNIVERSITIES of PAKISTAN---
from fairly prosperous families..... eager for JIHAD ADVENTURE (keep in mind---I have been working with Pakistani post-graduate boys for----more than 50 years) Getting
back to Yemen----the HOUTHIS are the SHIITEs of Yemen---Shiites are so
ENAMORED of Iran that they learn Farsi as a "holy language" ----(some of those
post graduates from India and Pakistan are muslim shiites too-----In Pakistan they are
so hated that the better educated are subject to DRIVE-BY ASSASINATION

"i no longer see war as a glorious endeavour, but something with a bloody cost. but we have no choice but to wage it when we have deadly enemies, don't we?" - George W Bush, 2006

the Afghan war at its zenith was so ironically dumb that you'd be against it if you just thought about it for 2 seconds. America was fighting with worse weapons than the enemy, and killing more civilians
It never did have a clearly defined purpose that could be sold to the American people, if they refused to accept innuendoes of revenge against Saudi terrorists.

Of course the real purpose of both Russia and the US was the same in that it was a strategic piece of real estate in the ME that appeared to be attainable.

Now the US is pretending it will leave, albeit with their tails between their legs.

In truth, the exceptions to the US leaving have already been floated by propagandist.
The list so far:
1. Military to guard the embassy.
2. Military aircraft in the sky permanently.
3. Military advisors.
4. Anybody heard some others so far?

View attachment 479826

re Biden------I am not so sure he LIES-----he seems to FORGET
Biden has almost certainly resumed the position of a president being a figurehead who is being advised by the professionals and the experts.
Something that it appeared that Trump didn't understand and couldn't humble himself enough to abide by the obvious need.

Dangerous in a sense, but in reality had Trump made a serious wrong move on foreign policy, he would have been walking head first into a bullet.

Forum List

Back