President Biden to talk gun violence with Mayor Eric Adams in visit to NYC

Biden just said he wants to crack down on "rogue gun dealers", and "ghost guns"...yea, that'll solve it!

"we need a 9/11-type response to address the domestic terror that is pervasive in this city and in this country" - Eric Adams just now

Last edited:
"NYC is the greatest city in the world...with apologies to Wilmington, Delaware!" - Rep Hakeem Jeffries to President Biden

Rudy cleaned up NY with broken windows policing, constant statistical analysis of crime rates, and holding the County DA's accountable via public pressure.

NYC's gun control laws haven't changed in decades.
Rudy was a strong supporter of gun control. Don’t try to change history.

Yeah, illegal guns, coming across the southern border along with the drugs. Shut down the border, and then there would be less illegal guns and less drugs. I guess that makes too much sense.
We send the illegal guns to Mexico.

Crime dropped like a rock when Clinton passed gun control, just saying…. Most concealed carry than ever and homicides climbing…

New Yorkers sure are excited for Brandon’s arrival.

FKtCp3LX0AQYyyT

Only if they were negligent in storage. If the guns were legally stored and still stolen how is the original owner liable?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Negligence is established --by definition -- once the gun leaves the control of the owner-of-record and harm ensues.

That is the nature of "strict liability".
Guns ain't cars.
They are different.
Trust me.

Under a "strict liability" rubric ---- if you are the owner-of-record (O.O.R.).... ANY harm caused by that high-lethality tool falls partly---or even wholly ---on the responsible O.O.R.

You bring it into society you....ipso facto.....assume the liability for the harm it causes.

Pretty simple. IMHO

Rudy was a strong supporter of gun control. Don’t try to change history.

But he didn't have to pass shit, because NY's gun laws were already in place. He found illegal guns by busting guys hopping turnstiles and doing graffiti.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Negligence is established --by definition -- once the gun leaves the control of the owner-of-record and harm ensues.

That is the nature of "strict liability".
Guns ain't cars.
They are different.
Trust me.

Under a "strict liability" rubric ---- if you are the owner-of-record (O.O.R.).... ANY harm caused by that high-lethality tool falls partly---or even wholly ---on the responsible O.O.R.

You bring it into society you....ipso facto.....assume the liability for the harm it causes.

Pretty simple. IMHO

Please show me where a person was actually found liable for this, as long as they followed storage rules, and reported the theft in a reasonable legally defined time.

Please show me where a person was actually found liable for this, as long as they followed storage rules, and reported the theft in a reasonable legally defined time.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that's regrettable.
I thought I was being clear that my avatar would support such a change in our laws. NOT that those laws exist today. (reference post #19).

So, with that said: I would repeat.....I will support the advancement of the ethic and the laws that would enable a "strict liability" rubric to become a reality.

Guns ain't cars. Their purpose, design, and use are different. Their very features of being a high-lethality tool, highly portable, readily concealed, ease-of-use, make them unique among tools. Unique among weapons. Accordingly, the laws that apply to them must be of a different nature than the laws for auto, scissors, and baseball bats.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that's regrettable.
I thought I was being clear that my avatar would support such a change in our laws. NOT that those laws exist today. (reference post #19).

So, with that said: I would repeat.....I will support the advancement of the ethic and the laws that would enable a "strict liability" rubric to become a reality.

Guns ain't cars. Their purpose, design, and use are different. Their very features of being a high-lethality tool, highly portable, readily concealed, ease-of-use, make them unique among tools. Unique among weapons. Accordingly, the laws that apply to them must be of a different nature than the laws for auto, scissors, and baseball bats.

So you can't prove it.

Another way of discouraging people from owning firearms.

Forum List

Back