President Biden to talk gun violence with Mayor Eric Adams in visit to NYC

So when are we going to force criminals owning illegal guns to get insurance?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's an interesting concept, poster 'began'.
What do you propse.....seriously......on how we would be able to accomplish that?

...and a complete lack of willingness to force mentally ill and homeless people to accept the programs available to them.

You can't force people to get vaccinated. How are you going to force them to get mental help?

What do you propse.....seriously......on how we would be able to accomplish that?

How about having to show proof of insurance, before you can purchase guns paraphernalia, like bullets, or magazines, etc.

You can't force people to get vaccinated. How are you going to force them to get mental help?

you pass a law saying after a person is adjudicated by a judge and evaluated by mental health professionals, they are placed into custody.

How about having to show proof of insurance,

That's an avenue.

My concept of "strict liability" is intended to levy upon gun ownership an enhanced sense of responsibility. And, per my thinking, that would serve to narrow the flow of guns...legally purchased guns.....into the hands of the criminal and the irresponsible.

Theoretically, if an owner-of-record believes that his high-lethality tool is not secured effectively -- he is responsible, his liability, is triggered and he pays something, Maybe just money, maybe a civil tort for negligence, maybe a criminal penalty for negligence. The penalties are something our legislatures would address.

But the end result is ..... if I own a gun, I get it's benefits.....but I am responsible for any harms too.... as long as I am the owner-of-record.

It's an impossible concept because criminals don't follow laws.

The San Jose law is simply another impediment against law abiding gun owners and potential gun owners to make the process as difficult and expensive as possible.

It's an impossible concept because criminals don't follow laws
True, they do not follow laws. Hence, they are 'criminals'.
But the thing is, those guns don't start out as criminal tools.

They are a legal product....the moment it becomes a 'legally-defined' gun at a factory owned by somebody.
That somebody is responsible for any harm it causes.
Until, that somebody is no longer the owner-of-record.
That means, when it is sold to a wholesaler or a retailer......the liability of ownership transfers to the new owner.
The retail gunshop or wholesaler is then liable for any harm that high -lethality tool creates while they still own it. That means, if theives break into the shop and steal guns....and those guns are used to shoot school-kids, the gunshop has a share of the liability for those injuries.

But if that doesn't happen and the retailer sells one or more to Jo Fabeetz, homeowner, or business owner, or hobbyist.......well, guess what?
Joe becomes the owner-of-record.

Defund police, end cash bail, let repeat offenders out over and over again.........

and then try to take my 2nd amendment rights and claim its all because of the guns!!!!!!

pretty good plan really. but fuck off. Im keeping my guns. The end.

but fuck off. Im keeping my guns. The end.
Personally, my avatar doesn't see a reason for such overt defensiveness.
After all, as I read this thread....nobody, no one, advocated for taking guns.
Why would you be fearful of that?
When it is not a topic of this discussion?

Maybe start a seperate thread about you keeping your guns?

True, they do not follow laws. Hence, they are 'criminals'.
But the thing is, those guns don't start out as criminal tools.

They are a legal product....the moment it becomes a 'legally-defined' gun at a factory owned by somebody.
That somebody is responsible for any harm it causes.
Until, that somebody is no longer the owner-of-record.
That means, when it is sold to a wholesaler or a retailer......the liability of ownership transfers to the new owner.
The retail gunshop or wholesaler is then liable for any harm that high -lethality tool creates while they still own it. That means, if theives break into the shop and steal guns....and those guns are used to shoot school-kids, the gunshop has a share of the liability for those injuries.

But if that doesn't happen and the retailer sells one or more to Jo Fabeetz, homeowner, or business owner, or hobbyist.......well, guess what?
Joe becomes the owner-of-record.

Only if they were negligent in storage. If the guns were legally stored and still stolen how is the original owner liable?

If someone steals my locked car from my driveway and runs over someone, I become liable?

The criminal act end the liability of the previous victim unless the previous victim did something against the rules to make it easier for the criminal to commit said act.

Standing next to a Black ex-cop who’s making a passionate case for controlling the illegal sale of guns is support that Biden desperately needs in DC...The fact that the mayor comes at it from the perspective of a 22-year police officer is what makes his position more compelling on both sides of the aisle.
Yeah, illegal guns, coming across the southern border along with the drugs. Shut down the border, and then there would be less illegal guns and less drugs. I guess that makes too much sense.

Remember when Rudy cleaned up NYC with gun control? More guns sure ain’t working.

Remember when Rudy cleaned up NYC with gun control? More guns sure ain’t working.

Rudy cleaned up NY with broken windows policing, constant statistical analysis of crime rates, and holding the County DA's accountable via public pressure.

NYC's gun control laws haven't changed in decades.

What is the "right" thing?

NYC just doesn't have a gun problem, it has a stabbing problem, a shove people onto subway tracks problem, a steal catalytic converter problem, a porch pirate problem, a mass shoplifting problem and a general lawlessness problem.

But fixate on an object, so you don't have to admit that the current crime wave is assholes taking advantage of lax enforcement, and a complete lack of willingness to force mentally ill and homeless people to accept the programs available to them.
Crime is up everywhere turdstain, including rightwing precincts.

Forum List

Back