Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

You got one right. That's true across all the trades. Kids aren't used to doing physical work. They all want to make "big money" sitting behind a desk. Most don't realize that they are passing up fulfilling work that pays really well. It DOES take a toll on the body but then so does sitting behind a desk.

Glad to see your support of unions as well.

My point had nothing to do with unions. The union (local 5) in this area happens to control the industry. This topic is about minimum wage. So my point is that increasing minimum wage is unnecessary because there are other things people can do to make a living and support a family. Again, less than 3% of our workforce work minimum wage jobs. Most of those people are school kids working part-time, seniors who don't want to sit in the house, married stay-at-home mothers who get jobs during the school year for extra money, but very few like the OP trying to support herself or her family on minimum wage. So just for the hell of it, let's assume people like the OP are about 1%..

Given the negative effects that we discussed and provided evidence of when it comes to drastically increasing minimum wage, it begs the question if we should suffer those negative ramifications across the entire country for just 1% of our workforce, especially when you consider that (before the virus) there were plenty of better alternatives.

My opinion from experience dealing with dozens of companies every week is that we don't have a minimum wage problem, we have a drug problem. Even the company I worked for had many applicants that declined the job offer because my employer told them up front that drug screening is not only the law, but a mandate from his insurance companies.

God helps those who help themselves, and conservatives believe in doing the same. You can't screw up the entire country to placate a small group of people who refuse to make life changes to better themselves. If there were no alternatives available and people had to work these jobs, I would be right on board with you.
There were no minimum wage laws before the 1930's. Why did freer market capitalism fail back then, too? There used to be laws against the Poor back then.
Once again the minimum wage laws was/is racist
Why do you believe minimum wage laws are racist?

You got one right. That's true across all the trades. Kids aren't used to doing physical work. They all want to make "big money" sitting behind a desk. Most don't realize that they are passing up fulfilling work that pays really well. It DOES take a toll on the body but then so does sitting behind a desk.

My point had nothing to do with unions. The union (local 5) in this area happens to control the industry. This topic is about minimum wage. So my point is that increasing minimum wage is unnecessary because there are other things people can do to make a living and support a family. Again, less than 3% of our workforce work minimum wage jobs. Most of those people are school kids working part-time, seniors who don't want to sit in the house, married stay-at-home mothers who get jobs during the school year for extra money, but very few like the OP trying to support herself or her family on minimum wage. So just for the hell of it, let's assume people like the OP are about 1%..

Given the negative effects that we discussed and provided evidence of when it comes to drastically increasing minimum wage, it begs the question if we should suffer those negative ramifications across the entire country for just 1% of our workforce, especially when you consider that (before the virus) there were plenty of better alternatives.

My opinion from experience dealing with dozens of companies every week is that we don't have a minimum wage problem, we have a drug problem. Even the company I worked for had many applicants that declined the job offer because my employer told them up front that drug screening is not only the law, but a mandate from his insurance companies.

God helps those who help themselves, and conservatives believe in doing the same. You can't screw up the entire country to placate a small group of people who refuse to make life changes to better themselves. If there were no alternatives available and people had to work these jobs, I would be right on board with you.
There were no minimum wage laws before the 1930's. Why did freer market capitalism fail back then, too? There used to be laws against the Poor back then.
Because he has grown up in an entitlement mentality racial community

Because he has grown up in an entitlement mentality racial community
How does that affect minimum wage jobs or racism?

Dude. Give it up. You already admitted that getting rid of employees you fucked up in hiring in the first place is your job.

If you were more careful about who you hired and then treated (and paid) them well...you wouldn't have a job yourself

Not true. While I've never had the experience hiring people, I do have to do research on potential tenants when they apply. You can check somebody up and down and still end up with a crappy tenant. I've rented to what most would consider the perfect tenant and they ended up being assholes costing me money, and I've rented to people who were in bankruptcy and ended up being my best and longest residing tenants. There is no criteria that guarantees a perfect tenant, just like there is no criteria that will guarantee an employer a good worker. It's really instinct.

Employers like landlords are legally limited to what they can tell another employer or landlord about the applicant, so you really don't find out much when it comes to references.
You're spot on about what former employers can tell someone checking references. Companies run scared of "wrongful termination" lawsuits these days! Generally speaking the worst thing you'll hear from a former employer is that the employee would NOT be eligible for rehire! That says it all.
Why is it that you are so fixated on firing people?

Because bad employees make things miserable for absolutely everyone, including other employees.

Right now I'm dealing with this. We have a "protected" group person on our staff, and I spend the first hour of every single day fixing his screw ups. Ironically this 'special' person also has a degree in engineering, and he couldn't engineer a belt to keep his pants from falling down.

The guy is a nightmare that irritates absolutely everyone in the entire building, and he makes all of us worse of, and the company worse off, and this nation as a whole is worse of for him being here.

But no one will fire him, because he's a special minority that is beyond scrutiny.

Left-wingers that support this nonsense, never have to deal with them. If you had to clean up this guys mess every day, you would have been voting for Trump by now.

What does "worse of" mean?

It was always in history

It was always in history
Poor laws and black codes were racist. There were no federal minimum wage laws before 1938.

It was always in history
Poor laws and black codes were racist. There were no federal minimum wage laws before 1938.

Black codes were racist, but not Poor Laws. In 1494, England passed the Beggars and Vagabonds Act, long before there were significant numbers of African Americans in the UK.

It was always in history

Black codes were racist, but not Poor Laws. In 1494, England passed the Beggars and Vagabonds Act, long before there were significant numbers of African Americans in the UK.
The right wing is still trying to criminalize being Poor in modern times; and, they advocate for-profit prisons.

NYC and New Jersey were in a retail vacancy crisis BEFORE covid-19 and lockdowns.

25% vacancy rate on retail space..... in New York City.
Vacant office space in MANHATTEN has ZERO to do with minimum wage...and oh yea...the MW in Jersey is much lower than NYC dope

RETAIL SPACE. Not office space, unless you think offices are typically found at ground level in glass store front buildings. RETAIL SPACE.

And of course it does. We already have examples of stores closing because they are not profitable. One reason they are not profitable, is because they can't afford to hire staff, because the minimum wage is $15/hour.

Are you seriously suggesting you would keep a store open, with no staff? Or are you saying you would not go bankrupt, if you can't afford to pay them a minimum wage that is above how much profits you make?

Are you suggesting that if a significant portion of stores closed, because they couldn't afford to hire people, that this wouldn't result in empty store fronts?

Vacancy Crisis: Empty Storefronts Blanket Upper East Side

What part of that basic English headline, are you having trouble with? Before calling someone else a dupe, make sure you don't look like one in the process.

Dude. Give it up. You already admitted that getting rid of employees you fucked up in hiring in the first place is your job.

If you were more careful about who you hired and then treated (and paid) them well...you wouldn't have a job yourself

Not true. While I've never had the experience hiring people, I do have to do research on potential tenants when they apply. You can check somebody up and down and still end up with a crappy tenant. I've rented to what most would consider the perfect tenant and they ended up being assholes costing me money, and I've rented to people who were in bankruptcy and ended up being my best and longest residing tenants. There is no criteria that guarantees a perfect tenant, just like there is no criteria that will guarantee an employer a good worker. It's really instinct.

Employers like landlords are legally limited to what they can tell another employer or landlord about the applicant, so you really don't find out much when it comes to references.
You're spot on about what former employers can tell someone checking references. Companies run scared of "wrongful termination" lawsuits these days! Generally speaking the worst thing you'll hear from a former employer is that the employee would NOT be eligible for rehire! That says it all.
Why is it that you are so fixated on firing people?

Because bad employees make things miserable for absolutely everyone, including other employees.

Right now I'm dealing with this. We have a "protected" group person on our staff, and I spend the first hour of every single day fixing his screw ups. Ironically this 'special' person also has a degree in engineering, and he couldn't engineer a belt to keep his pants from falling down.

The guy is a nightmare that irritates absolutely everyone in the entire building, and he makes all of us worse of, and the company worse off, and this nation as a whole is worse of for him being here.

But no one will fire him, because he's a special minority that is beyond scrutiny.

Left-wingers that support this nonsense, never have to deal with them. If you had to clean up this guys mess every day, you would have been voting for Trump by now.

What does "worse of" mean?
worse off... sorry.

NYC and New Jersey were in a retail vacancy crisis BEFORE covid-19 and lockdowns.

Vacant office space in MANHATTEN has ZERO to do with minimum wage...and oh yea...the MW in Jersey is much lower than NYC dope

RETAIL SPACE. Not office space, unless you think offices are typically found at ground level in glass store front buildings. RETAIL SPACE.

And of course it does. We already have examples of stores closing because they are not profitable. One reason they are not profitable, is because they can't afford to hire staff, because the minimum wage is $15/hour.

Are you seriously suggesting you would keep a store open, with no staff? Or are you saying you would not go bankrupt, if you can't afford to pay them a minimum wage that is above how much profits you make?

Are you suggesting that if a significant portion of stores closed, because they couldn't afford to hire people, that this wouldn't result in empty store fronts?

What part of that basic English headline, are you having trouble with? Before calling someone else a dupe, make sure you don't look like one in the process.
Wait...so with Covid raging and the internet killing brick and mortar...you blame retail vacancies on the minimum wage?

You are clearly stupid or dishonest...or both

Wait...so with Covid raging and the internet killing brick and mortar...you blame retail vacancies on the minimum wage?

There can be multiple reasons for retail failure.

Increases in minimum wage have destroyed jobs before.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum
You have to be the dumbest person in the world if you went to college and work for minimum wage.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Sounds like you live in one of those high cost blue states with high taxes. That isn't our fault. Move away from the lefties and you life will get much better no matter how much you make.
No don't move, they vote for the same crap when they do and bring the misery with them.

Are you stupid? Are you illiterate? Can't even understand spoken English?

Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

This is the original post where I made the claim. In that post, I linked to a youtube video.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 1.06.15 AM.png

Is that too hard for you? August...... of 2019.... Long before Covid.
And anyone who even put in half of a minute to look it up.....

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 12.51.58 AM.png

If you wish to keep making yourself look dumber with every post, be my guest. But just a simple warning, if you are going to dish out petty insults, I can, and will, dish them right back to you.

The retail fall out from increasing the minimum wage, has been going on for some years, since 2016 when the minimum wage law, that increase the minimum wage every single year until 2020, was enacted.

There have been numerous articles about the increasing vacancy rate around retail areas of NYC for years.

If you knew ANYTHING... about this topic, you would know that.

And by the way, I am not claiming that the Minimum wage ALONE has caused this. There are other factors.... like regulations.... like taxes... like property controls.... The bad left-wing policy of the minimum wage, is one of many bad left-wing policies wrecking the NYC economy.

And no doubt, Covid-lock-down rules, have not helped.

But then..... who is in favor of all the lock-down economy-shattering controls supposedly for covid? :) Dumbocrats. You guys! So even with covid... the blame is still entirely on your ideology for everything. YOU are to blame for EVERYTHING. You can't shift this blame for anything that has happened on anyone, but yourselves.... at least not if you are honest, and we know you are not.

Nevertheless, only the dumbest of stupid women, who have not a single original thought in their head, would mindlessly conclude that reports of mass retail vacancy in NYC in 2018 and 2019, was do to covid in 2020.

And those same stupid women, when confronted with those facts, would without looking it up themselves, blather on about how others were dishonest, when they themselves proved to be 100% ignorant of everything.

Are done here 'miz'? :) Or would you care to continue tripping over yourself? Be my guest.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Sounds like you live in one of those high cost blue states with high taxes. That isn't our fault. Move away from the lefties and you life will get much better no matter how much you make.
No don't move, they vote for the same crap when they do and bring the misery with them.

Yeah, I would much rather they stay in their hell holes, and suffer endlessly. I think it's great when I see New Yorkers, and LA people being abused by homeless, stuck in a never ending lockdown, and decrying how unfair the world is.

Honestly, I think it's absolutely fabulous.

Not net jobs...nope

But that doesn't matter, because replacing jobs people are qualified for, with jobs people are not qualified for, doesn't help.

NYC for example. As I have conclusively proven, whether you admit it or not, NYC has lost thousands on thousands of low/no skill jobs, because of the minimum wage.

Now unfortunately thanks to AOC, NYC never got the 250k planned jobs for the Amazon HQ2. However, let's pretend they had.

I would guess, without having done the math, that likely Amazon's HQ2 moving into NYC would have created almost as many jobs, as the minimum wage destroyed, if not more.

However.... What jobs would Amazon's HQ2 have created?

One estimated that in one single year.... that 4,000 jobs were lost in the NYC restaurant sector. That's just one sector, for one year.

Do you think that those table bussers, or waitresses, or clean up crew, or those "burger cheffs" at burger king, are going to be getting a job at Amazon's HQ2, had it opened?

No. Amazon's HQ2 would likely hire people business management skills, or engineers, or marketing people.

So when you jack up the minimum wage, and people lose their jobs, you saying "well net jobs increase!" does not help them.

People working those jobs, are likely only qualified to work those jobs. I don't often meet software engineers, and people with Masters degrees, asking me if I'd 'like fries with that' at a restaurant.

So while you are sitting here trying to be all smug, and acting like "Net jobs increased!" that does nothing for the people who are now unemployed and homeless, and living on poverty, because you wiped out their jobs.

The worst part of left-wing ideology is that people act self righteous, while destroying people around them.

There can be multiple reasons for retail failure.

Capitalists should fail if they can Only make it on the back of cheap labor in our first world economy.

Capitalists should fail if they can Only make it on the back of cheap labor in our first world economy.
There's truth in that.

If an employer can only succeed by paying his employees near starvation wages...his business model is faulty and maybe he shouldn't succeed.

Forum List

Back