Prepare to be disgusted

Seriously? You people live with vermin? Geeze. I cannot suffer a bug of any kind to live in my house and I live in the woods. That lovely butterfly? Perfectly safe outside. Outside.

She's not talking bible, she's talking about her own culture. Which is not around here, I know where it is but I'm not sure if she wants me to say. :eusa_angel:
I'm not from that culture myself but I agree with that sentiment.

Different cultures have different values. Ours here is basically "kill and destroy everything". Like Taz posted a little while ago -- get a can of poison and blast it.

Vox is a girl? Sorry, don't pay much attention.

Pogo, you obviously haven't been on many religion threads if you think it has nothing to do with the Bible.

And my local culture is find the slowest acting poison possible so they suffer. Sadists.

It often does, but no this time I think it does not. She starts off with "where I am from", which is a distinctly different culture. She doesn't say "in my religion".

[MENTION=44192]Vox[/MENTION] you can clarify this...

Sorry. After spending many pages on two+ threads debating religion with somebody, you tend to automatically assume that about someone.

Seriously? You people live with vermin? Geeze. I cannot suffer a bug of any kind to live in my house and I live in the woods. That lovely butterfly? Perfectly safe outside. Outside.

Vermin? How often do bees and daddy long legs kill people? How often do we kill them in our self-righteousness? Maybe we are the vermin.

I warned you.

Now, imagine finding this in your living room.

bvkjbkn%25C3%25B6klm.gif

Cool.

A spider orgy.

Yeah, spiders are not my favorite creatures. I usually don't like to kill anything, but if I see a spider in my house I kill it immediately and humanely. That's because before I moved into this house it had a history of spider infestation. :eek: Can't let that happen.

I'll also kill flies, mosquitoes and any other types of insects that either spread disease or try to feed off of me or my pets.

For example, I don't kill bees. They're clean and they don't try to suck our blood. They will sting but it's usually in self-defense. So I just catch them in a jar and release them outside.

Don't kill beetles, ladybugs, or the daddy long legs things that aren't really a spider. Daddy long legs for that matter, I don't believe they bite us.

Luckily, we don't have much issue with cockroaches, fleas or bed bugs in Alaska, but I will definitely eradicate them if they should show up at my house! You know, it's them or me!

spiders are also clean and they are natural fly catchers.
leave the spiders alone :evil:

Daddy Long legs (the insects or arachnids- I've heard them called both- depicted in the video) are perfectly harmless albeit being one of the most venomous species on the planet, as their mouths are to small to bite humans. Regardless, they eat mosquitoes! Those things are a godsend when camping. I love having a few on the inside of my tent when I go. How did all of one or two of you know what they were? Were none of you in Boy Scouts or whatever it is that girls do (not meant to sound sexist)? when you were kids?

well, I was a girl scout, sorta, when I was a kid. but those were not the scouts like you guys have here, in America.

I am an asphalt girl so I did not ever know how those nice spiders are called.

In the climate zone I am from there are only benign spiders - benign for the humans, so we enjoyed only the benefits of them.

Hell, no. They crawl on you when you're sleeping and they do bite. Everytime I feel bad about killing one of them my husband reminds me what THEY do to their prey. Not too pretty.

Like I said, the house I bought was previously INFESTED with them. Do you know what INFESTED means? It ain't pretty, and I'm not about to let it happen again.

And my husband is an arachniphobe.

BITE?

probably confused you for a very big fly ;)

arachnophobia is, most probably, the cultural thing.

where I am from, nobody fears spiders and it is considered a sin to kill a spider.

our house back at home had a lot of spiders, would not call it infested, but you could spot one here and there - nobody cared.

Spiders were the only insects allowed :)

Spiders are not insects.
]

OK, whatever class they are named. the cold blooded not four chambered heart creatures.

( I have to translate it )))))

What about crickets? Nothing more innocuous than a cricket...

When I lived in New Orleans there wuz cockroaches. Everybody had 'em. Palmetto Bugs technically -- they can fly a short ways. But we also had gekkos that hunt them, which is kinda neat to watch.

Here in Carolina I have yet to see a cockroach ever. When I do see something that looks like one it always turns out to be a cricket.

spiders are also clean and they are natural fly catchers.
leave the spiders alone :evil:

Daddy Long legs (the insects or arachnids- I've heard them called both- depicted in the video) are perfectly harmless albeit being one of the most venomous species on the planet, as their mouths are to small to bite humans. Regardless, they eat mosquitoes! Those things are a godsend when camping. I love having a few on the inside of my tent when I go. How did all of one or two of you know what they were? Were none of you in Boy Scouts or whatever it is that girls do (not meant to sound sexist)? when you were kids?

well, I was a girl scout, sorta, when I was a kid. but those were not the scouts like you guys have here, in America.

I am an asphalt girl so I did not ever know how those nice spiders are called.

In the climate zone I am from there are only benign spiders - benign for the humans, so we enjoyed only the benefits of them.

Ahhhh. Okay then, that explains just about everything. We have brown recluse and black widows where I live, so we enjoy having newspaper rolls or shoes with us at all times.

BITE?

where I am from, nobody fears spiders and it is considered a sin to kill a spider.

our house back at home had a lot of spiders, would not call it infested, but you could spot one here and there - nobody cared.

Spiders are not insects.
]

OK, whatever class they are named. the cold blooded not four chambered heart creatures.

Ah - pay no attention to Bag. He's being Bag. I saw the distinction but it was just not worth the nitpick. At least not to me...

When I lived in New Orleans there wuz cockroaches. Everybody had 'em. Palmetto Bugs technically -- they can fly a short ways. But we also had gekkos that hunt them, which is kinda neat to watch.

Here in Carolina I have yet to see a cockroach ever. When I do see something that looks like one it always turns out to be a cricket.

The only time I have ever seen a cockroach where I live is at my friend's house. Once. Like nine years ago.

I love the sound of crickets or cicadas (that's what we have tons of).

The only time I have ever seen a cockroach where I live is at my friend's house. Once. Like nine years ago.

I'm really concerned that the volume of crickets seems to be declining over the last few years around here. :(

On the other hand we've had two non-winters in a row and the tick population has exploded. There's a storm brewing right now and a zero temp in the next few days so that should help kill 'em off.

Hell, no. They crawl on you when you're sleeping and they do bite. Everytime I feel bad about killing one of them my husband reminds me what THEY do to their prey. Not too pretty.

Like I said, the house I bought was previously INFESTED with them. Do you know what INFESTED means? It ain't pretty, and I'm not about to let it happen again.

And my husband is an arachniphobe.

BITE?

No offense Vox, but is everything that is against anything the Bible says in any way a sin for you...

Wait. Where do you live that killing a spider is sin? A Buddhist Monastery?

It is not in the Bible as long as I remember, it is more like a folk legend, I think. Connected to the New Testament :)

But it is considered a sin where I am from.

Ah - pay no attention to Bag. He's being Bag. I saw the distinction but it was just not worth the nitpick. At least not to me...

Considering the creatures this started on are counted either way, I don't give a darn.

Oh, that's our shortstop.

:D

BITE?

No offense Vox, but is everything that is against anything the Bible says in any way a sin for you...

It is not in the Bible as long as I remember, it is more like a folk legend, I think. Connected to the New Testament :)

See Drake?? Pay up.
payer.gif

I'm really concerned that the volume of crickets seems to be declining over the last few years around here. :(

On the other hand we've had two non-winters in a row and the tick population has exploded. There's a storm brewing right now and a zero temp in the next few days so that should help kill 'em off.

Hate ticks. Got to wear a hat whenever you go anywhere with trees out here. If not, your head will be covered in ticks.

I love the sound of cicadas.

but here, in Florida, we DO have those big cockroaches. ewwww. I am afraid of them

See Drake?? Pay up.
payer.gif

did it make up for the lost WWII bet? :)

See Drake?? Pay up.
payer.gif

For that? Nope, it was an honest mistake on my part and I'll admit it. For the kick ass skull spider? Here's your $50.

search

Forum List

Back