Prepare to be disgusted

spiders are also clean and they are natural fly catchers.
leave the spiders alone :evil:

Hell, no. They crawl on you when you're sleeping and they do bite. Everytime I feel bad about killing one of them my husband reminds me what THEY do to their prey. Not too pretty.

Like I said, the house I bought was previously INFESTED with them. Do you know what INFESTED means? It ain't pretty, and I'm not about to let it happen again.

And my husband is an arachniphobe.

BITE?

probably confused you for a very big fly ;)

arachnophobia is, most probably, the cultural thing.

where I am from, nobody fears spiders and it is considered a sin to kill a spider.

our house back at home had a lot of spiders, would not call it infested, but you could spot one here and there - nobody cared.

Spiders were the only insects allowed :)

No offense Vox, but is everything that is against anything the Bible says in any way a sin for you...

Wait. Where do you live that killing a spider is sin? A Buddhist Monastery?

When I lived in South Carolina I had a bunch of those things huddled like that on the screen outside my bedroom window. There were probably about 20 or so. I went out there and sprayed them with spider spray and they all pretty much fell to the ground and died.

Proud of yourself? That's putrid. :evil:

Here -- spray this:

tumblr_mc2kwugXOl1qi4u7so1_400.gif
spider_hanging.gif
1AD_spider.gif
spider.gif
spider-skull.gif
3dspider.gif

Can I have the skull spider? That is probably the coolest thing I have seen in a while.

I used to work at a motel as front desk clerk. People wanted to come there because of the nature and wildlife. A bird used to come in the office every morning and I would feed it leftover crumbs from the continental breakfast we served. Bears would wander the stream out back, deer would be seen in the field across from the motel. And what did I hear every day when someone checked in?
"There are too many birds. Bird shit might get on my clothing" or "there is a BEAR walking through the creek out back! Yes, it continued on into the forest but still! A BEAR?!" (it was town local..it wandered in to see what it could scrounge from folks picnicing near the creek, and it was very old. A black bear..not very big. Never bothered anyone). "you feed a BIRD in the LOBBY? EWWW"..

People are strange. If it is on your window, in your house, in your lawn, in your trees, walk by your mailbox..KILL IT, but they still yearn for "nature". Eye roll.

It's a strange mentality, this culture of death. When one Spring day and saw a winged construction crew bringing in mud to build their wasp nest over the door to my house, my first thought was I'll bring the garden hose over here, then blast 'em, and then run over that way.... then I thought, wtf, they're just making a home like I am. I left them to finish their abode, left them alone the rest of the summer, and they did the same for me and life went on.

I think we get driven to bizarre lengths by our irrational fears of things we don't bother to take the time to understand. We kill creatures as a proxy; we're really killing our own fear. Except we're not killing the fear but perpetuating it.

Talk about mentality of death, I thought your story was going to end with, "So I let them finish building their home above my door and I let them all settle in. Then I used the hose to kill them all."

Hell, no. They crawl on you when you're sleeping and they do bite. Everytime I feel bad about killing one of them my husband reminds me what THEY do to their prey. Not too pretty.

Like I said, the house I bought was previously INFESTED with them. Do you know what INFESTED means? It ain't pretty, and I'm not about to let it happen again.

And my husband is an arachniphobe.

BITE?

where I am from, nobody fears spiders and it is considered a sin to kill a spider.

our house back at home had a lot of spiders, would not call it infested, but you could spot one here and there - nobody cared.

No offense Vox, but is everything that is against anything the Bible says in any way a sin for you...

She's not talking bible, she's talking about her own culture. Which is not around here, I know where it is but I'm not sure if she wants me to say. :eusa_angel:
I'm not from that culture myself but I agree with that sentiment.

Different cultures have different values. Ours here is basically "kill and destroy everything". Like Taz posted a little while ago -- get a can of poison and blast it.

Last edited:
[MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION]

Will you be my girlfriend? I iz cute, yes?

cute-animals-spiders-2.jpg

The two that live in my ceiling make me laugh. If I touch the wall near where they are...they do this back and forth dance. I don't do it often because it is probably fear on their part...or a threat to me (as if, lol), so...long as they stay up there and not down where I am, fine. Sometimes I will find one in the tub trying to get out so I give it a lift and up it goes..back to it's corner.

Bees. I love bees. Wasps? Not sure, since we don't have any around these parts that I know of. I was outside yesterday and it was crisp, but a nice day. A bee hovered near me and I exclaimed out loud BEE!!!! cuz I was surprised to see one this early...they don't show up til may or june...and I held out my finger and it landed it on it and began to groom itself. I was thrilled...then walked it over to a big pink flower they like to gather from and just happens to be blooming even in January this year...and it crawled in happy as can be.

Sounds silly, but it made my day. :)

When I was in grade school at recess, bees would frequently come out and fly about the playground at my school. When they did, even the 8th graders would start screaming and running away. Not me, I just sat there and let them land on me and move around.
Once during a sleepover at my best friends house in 8th grade, a hornet flew in to the house and landed on my face. My friend and his older sisters flipped out, but I just sat there and let it crawl over my face and neck.

Bees and hornets aren't that bad. Just don't make any sudden movements and they won't sting you. Why does everybody hate bees and spiders so much? Without them, we'd all die.

When I lived in South Carolina I had a bunch of those things huddled like that on the screen outside my bedroom window. There were probably about 20 or so. I went out there and sprayed them with spider spray and they all pretty much fell to the ground and died.

Here -- spray this:

spider_hanging.gif
1AD_spider.gif
spider.gif
spider-skull.gif
3dspider.gif

Can I have the skull spider? That is probably the coolest thing I have seen in a while.

Sure. that'll be $45.82. :thup:

Should any of us be concerned by the fact that we (at least in my case) gravitated automatically toward the thread that said "prepare to be disgusted"?

It's the old maxim: "If it bleeds it leads" :eusa_shifty:

Alright.

Should I be concerned that if something's bleeding I automatically find it fascinating? I do so love blood...

Probably, yeah.:eusa_shifty:

Or you could be a surgeon.

BITE?

She's not talking bible, she's talking about her own culture. Which is not around here, I know where it is but I'm not sure if she wants me to say. :eusa_angel:

Different cultures have different values. Ours here is basically "kill and destroy everything". Like Taz posted a little while ago -- get a can of poison and blast it.

Vox is a girl? Sorry, don't pay much attention.

Pogo, you obviously haven't been on many religion threads if you think it has nothing to do with the Bible.

And my local culture is find the slowest acting poison possible so they suffer. Sadists.

A hornet, I might be a bit nervous. But not bees. I just love those little critters. During the summer, I am always checking spider webs in the bushes and plants for any bees wrapped up. Some I am able to save...some were already sucked dry.

You can make sudden movements with bees. They know they best use that stinger wisely or they iz dead.

Did you know bees recognize human faces? Google it. :)

All my bees know me.

I see the image link when I quote but nothing shows up in the post at all - ? Does anyone see an image above, or in Gracie's post I quoted? Might need to get the mods to take a look.

I lifted the URL out and put it in a separate tab and it opened just fine. I'll try to reinsert here:

funny-cute-spider-misunderstood-meme.jpg

Edit: nope, doesn't show up.

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=20452]theDoctorisIn[/MENTION] -- we may have an image glitch here, jpgs not showing up. See posts 65 and 66, as well as this one.

Last edited:

Here -- spray this:

spider_hanging.gif
1AD_spider.gif
spider.gif
spider-skull.gif
3dspider.gif

Sure. that'll be $45.82. :thup:

It's the old maxim: "If it bleeds it leads" :eusa_shifty:

Alright.

Should I be concerned that if something's bleeding I automatically find it fascinating? I do so love blood...

Probably, yeah.:eusa_shifty:

Or you could be a surgeon.

I'm studying law to become an attorney, not surgery... so I should be concerned.

Now where's my wallet? I know it's here somewhere...

Vox is a girl? Sorry, don't pay much attention.

Pogo, you obviously haven't been on many religion threads if you think it has nothing to do with the Bible.

And my local culture is find the slowest acting poison possible so they suffer. Sadists.

It often does, but no this time I think it does not. She starts off with "where I am from", which is a distinctly different culture. She doesn't say "in my religion".

[MENTION=44192]Vox[/MENTION] you can clarify this...

Forum List

Back