Prepare to be disgusted

I warned you.

Now, imagine finding this in your living room.

bvkjbkn%25C3%25B6klm.gif

My mum hit what she thought was one spider with a cushion once. That spider was a mummy spider, with dozens of babies on her back. We were finding spiders in the house for weeks afterwards. :eek:

I love those flying birds! I might steal them.

I stole 'em myself. Not sure what to make of them; on one hand they're circling like raptors, on the other hand they're beating their wings a lot.

I'm sure they're good for a wry commentary on the state of a somebody's dying point somewhere, if I just remember to pull that one out of the quiver.

Last edited:
mommy from hell :lol::lol:

Yeah, spiders are not my favorite creatures. I usually don't like to kill anything, but if I see a spider in my house I kill it immediately and humanely. That's because before I moved into this house it had a history of spider infestation. :eek: Can't let that happen.

I'll also kill flies, mosquitoes and any other types of insects that either spread disease or try to feed off of me or my pets.

For example, I don't kill bees. They're clean and they don't try to suck our blood. They will sting but it's usually in self-defense. So I just catch them in a jar and release them outside.

Don't kill beetles, ladybugs, or the daddy long legs things that aren't really a spider. Daddy long legs for that matter, I don't believe they bite us.

Luckily, we don't have much issue with cockroaches, fleas or bed bugs in Alaska, but I will definitely eradicate them if they should show up at my house! You know, it's them or me!

spiders are also clean and they are natural fly catchers.
leave the spiders alone :evil:

Hell, no. They crawl on you when you're sleeping and they do bite. Everytime I feel bad about killing one of them my husband reminds me what THEY do to their prey. Not too pretty.

Like I said, the house I bought was previously INFESTED with them. Do you know what INFESTED means? It ain't pretty, and I'm not about to let it happen again.

And my husband is an arachniphobe.

Yeah, spiders are not my favorite creatures. I usually don't like to kill anything, but if I see a spider in my house I kill it immediately and humanely. That's because before I moved into this house it had a history of spider infestation. :eek: Can't let that happen.

I'll also kill flies, mosquitoes and any other types of insects that either spread disease or try to feed off of me or my pets.

For example, I don't kill bees. They're clean and they don't try to suck our blood. They will sting but it's usually in self-defense. So I just catch them in a jar and release them outside.

Don't kill beetles, ladybugs, or the daddy long legs things that aren't really a spider. Daddy long legs for that matter, I don't believe they bite us.

Luckily, we don't have much issue with cockroaches, fleas or bed bugs in Alaska, but I will definitely eradicate them if they should show up at my house! You know, it's them or me!

Hell, no. They crawl on you when you're sleeping and they do bite. Everytime I feel bad about killing one of them my husband reminds me what THEY do to their prey. Not too pretty.

Like I said, the house I bought was previously INFESTED with them. Do you know what INFESTED means? It ain't pretty, and I'm not about to let it happen again.

BITE?

probably confused you for a very big fly ;)

arachnophobia is, most probably, the cultural thing.

where I am from, nobody fears spiders and it is considered a sin to kill a spider.

our house back at home had a lot of spiders, would not call it infested, but you could spot one here and there - nobody cared.

Spiders were the only insects allowed :)

Last edited:
SPIDER MEDICINE
Spiders are light, delicate and not hostile to humans unless threatened. To those who require this special of the spider, it teaches us to maintain a gentle and kind nature.
A poisonous spider signifies death and rebirth. As the poison of age and life's perils threaten our life, we use the venom to ward off future attacks or die.
The spider's web connects itself by silky threads to physical objects creating a net creating its home and place for harvesting food. The web reminds us of our connectedness to all things on earth - that we are related to everything in creation. The spokes of the web remind us to build links between ourselves and the Creator and all things.
When the spider appears, it is a sign to connect with the ways of spirit in the ways designed by the Creator.
The eight legs of the spider are unique from other insects who have only six legs. And unlike other insects, their bodies are divided into two parts instead of three. Two represents unity and a union of polarities.
In American Indian tradition, the first dream catcher was made by Grandmother Spider to catch the bad dreams of children. This legend reveals our belief that negative elements of ones life may be screened out if we remember to keep the links between the Creator and ourselves strong and to always remember that all things in creation are one.

BITE?

probably confused you for a very big fly ;)

arachnophobia is, most probably, the cultural thing.

where I am from, nobody fears spiders and it is considered a sin to kill a spider.

our house back at home had a lot of spiders, would not call it infested, but you could spot one here and there - nobody cared.

Spiders were the only insects allowed :)

Spiders are not insects.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I lived in South Carolina I had a bunch of those things huddled like that on the screen outside my bedroom window. There were probably about 20 or so. I went out there and sprayed them with spider spray and they all pretty much fell to the ground and died.

When I lived in South Carolina I had a bunch of those things huddled like that on the screen outside my bedroom window. There were probably about 20 or so. I went out there and sprayed them with spider spray and they all pretty much fell to the ground and died.

Proud of yourself? That's putrid. :evil:

Here -- spray this:

tumblr_mc2kwugXOl1qi4u7so1_400.gif
spider_hanging.gif
1AD_spider.gif
spider.gif
spider-skull.gif
3dspider.gif

Last edited:
I used to work at a motel as front desk clerk. People wanted to come there because of the nature and wildlife. A bird used to come in the office every morning and I would feed it leftover crumbs from the continental breakfast we served. Bears would wander the stream out back, deer would be seen in the field across from the motel. And what did I hear every day when someone checked in?
"There are too many birds. Bird shit might get on my clothing" or "there is a BEAR walking through the creek out back! Yes, it continued on into the forest but still! A BEAR?!" (it was town local..it wandered in to see what it could scrounge from folks picnicing near the creek, and it was very old. A black bear..not very big. Never bothered anyone). "you feed a BIRD in the LOBBY? EWWW"..

People are strange. If it is on your window, in your house, in your lawn, in your trees, walk by your mailbox..KILL IT, but they still yearn for "nature". Eye roll.

Last edited:

Daddy Long legs (the insects or arachnids- I've heard them called both- depicted in the video) are perfectly harmless albeit being one of the most venomous species on the planet, as their mouths are to small to bite humans. Regardless, they eat mosquitoes! Those things are a godsend when camping. I love having a few on the inside of my tent when I go. How did all of one or two of you know what they were? Were none of you in Boy Scouts or whatever it is that girls do (not meant to sound sexist)? when you were kids?

"According to entomologists at the University of California, Riverside, the term "daddy longlegs" is commonly used to refer to two distinct types of creatures: opilionids arachnids with pill-shape bodies and eight long legs that are actually not spiders, and pholcids, which have long legs and small bodies, and thus resemble opilionids, but which are true spiders.
Opilionids true daddy longlegs live in moist, dark places and eat mostly decomposing vegetable and animal matter. "They do not have venom glands, fangs or any other mechanism for chemically subduing their food," the UC entomologists write on their website. "Therefore, they do not have poison and, by the powers of logic, cannot be poisonous from venom.

"Some have defensive secretions that might be poisonous to small animals if ingested. So, for these daddy longlegs, the tale is clearly false."

"Pholcids, or daddy long-legs spiders, are venomous predators, and although they never naturally bite people, their fangs are similar in structure to those of brown recluse spiders, and therefore can theoretically penetrate skin. For these reasons, "This is most probably the animal to which people refer when they tell the tale," the entomologists assert.

"But is pholcids' venom extremely poisonous? Surprisingly, because they almost never bite, scientists have never bothered to conduct research to determine their venom's toxicity to humans . In 2004, the Discovery Channel show "Mythbusters" stepped in to fill this knowledge void. The team set out to coax a daddy longlegs spider into biting the arm of the show's co-host, Adam Savage.

"Their official conclusion? Myth busted. "

Are Daddy Longlegs Really the Most Poisonous Spiders In the World? | LiveScience

I used to work at a motel as front desk clerk. People wanted to come there because of the nature and wildlife. A bird used to come in the office every morning and I would feed it leftover crumbs from the continental breakfast we served. Bears would wander the stream out back, deer would be seen in the field across from the motel. And what did I hear every day when someone checked in?
"There are too many birds. Bird shit might get on my clothing" or "there is a BEAR walking through the creek out back! Yes, it continued on into the forest but still! A BEAR?!" (it was town local..it wandered in to see what it could scrounge from folks picnicing near the creek, and it was very old. A black bear..not very big. Never bothered anyone). "you feed a BIRD in the LOBBY? EWWW"..

People are strange. If it is on your window, in your house, in your lawn, in your trees, walk by your mailbox..KILL IT, but they still yearn for "nature". Eye roll.

It's a strange mentality, this culture of death. When one Spring day and saw a winged construction crew bringing in mud to build their wasp nest over the door to my house, my first thought was I'll bring the garden hose over here, then blast 'em, and then run over that way.... then I thought, wtf, they're just making a home like I am. I left them to finish their abode, left them alone the rest of the summer, and they did the same for me and life went on.

I think we get driven to bizarre lengths by our irrational fears of things we don't bother to take the time to understand. We kill creatures as a proxy; we're really killing our own fear. Except we're not killing the fear but perpetuating it.

Last edited:
Daddy long legs move slower. They could be web worms or loopers which are hard to catch. They are going to jump ship in the blink of an eye. :lol:

You'd probably break something trying to stomp on all of those.

Last edited:
The two that live in my ceiling make me laugh. If I touch the wall near where they are...they do this back and forth dance. I don't do it often because it is probably fear on their part...or a threat to me (as if, lol), so...long as they stay up there and not down where I am, fine. Sometimes I will find one in the tub trying to get out so I give it a lift and up it goes..back to it's corner.

Bees. I love bees. Wasps? Not sure, since we don't have any around these parts that I know of. I was outside yesterday and it was crisp, but a nice day. A bee hovered near me and I exclaimed out loud BEE!!!! cuz I was surprised to see one this early...they don't show up til may or june...and I held out my finger and it landed it on it and began to groom itself. I was thrilled...then walked it over to a big pink flower they like to gather from and just happens to be blooming even in January this year...and it crawled in happy as can be.

Sounds silly, but it made my day. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back