Prepare to be disgusted

Seriously? You people live with vermin? Geeze. I cannot suffer a bug of any kind to live in my house and I live in the woods. That lovely butterfly? Perfectly safe outside. Outside.

What about crickets? Nothing more innocuous than a cricket...

When I lived in New Orleans there wuz cockroaches. Everybody had 'em. Palmetto Bugs technically -- they can fly a short ways. But we also had gekkos that hunt them, which is kinda neat to watch.

Here in Carolina I have yet to see a cockroach ever. When I do see something that looks like one it always turns out to be a cricket.

Butterflies and spiders are vermin???

It is not in the Bible as long as I remember, it is more like a folk legend, I think. Connected to the New Testament :)

But it is considered a sin where I am from.

See Drake?? Pay up.
payer.gif

did it make up for the lost WWII bet? :)

Nobody lost that bet. You were supposed to show us how Barack O'bama went back in time to start WWII.

Tsk tsk, after I jumped in here to defend your honor... :eusa_angel:

TD and I never settled our bet on Stephanie either... TD thinks she's Czech, I say she's Merkin.

The only time I have ever seen a cockroach where I live is at my friend's house. Once. Like nine years ago.

I love the sound of crickets or cicadas (that's what we have tons of).

I'm really concerned that the volume of crickets seems to be declining over the last few years around here. :(

On the other hand we've had two non-winters in a row and the tick population has exploded. There's a storm brewing right now and a zero temp in the next few days so that should help kill 'em off.

Hate ticks. Got to wear a hat whenever you go anywhere with trees out here. If not, your head will be covered in ticks.

We have a nice cold snap starting - will drop to about 10 tonight but by Tuesday morning it'll be below zero. That oughta put a dent in the ticks. 'Bout time too, I haven't seen real winter temps in three years.

Seriously? You people live with vermin? Geeze. I cannot suffer a bug of any kind to live in my house and I live in the woods. That lovely butterfly? Perfectly safe outside. Outside.

When I lived in New Orleans there wuz cockroaches. Everybody had 'em. Palmetto Bugs technically -- they can fly a short ways. But we also had gekkos that hunt them, which is kinda neat to watch.

Here in Carolina I have yet to see a cockroach ever. When I do see something that looks like one it always turns out to be a cricket.

I think of vermin more as rats and mice and ghoulies and ghosties and long leggedy beasties myself...

See Drake?? Pay up.
payer.gif

did it make up for the lost WWII bet? :)

Nobody lost that bet. You were supposed to show us how Barack O'bama went back in time to start WWII.

Tsk tsk, after I jumped in here to defend your honor... :eusa_angel:

I know you expected me to. Don't know why since he is not the first failed leftist in the history of the world. And thank God, not the most effective one
And I am just teasing you a little bit :)

TD and I never settled our bet on Stephanie either... TD thinks she's Czech, I say she's Merkin.

I side with you.

But I am still new on the board :)

Last edited:

. Inside the house, yes. Bugs don't live in my house.

Well, they live in mine.

Wish I had a gecko or two or three. Only place I wanna be where they are in multiple number is Hawaii.

And...my butterfly I rescued from a big assed hairy spider lived in the house as well. For two weeks.

Forum List

Back