Prayers for the dead. Many Questions...?

Prayers for the dead are extremely powerful.

The beauty is that since God experiences time all at once, it is never too late to offer prayers for the dead.

Better late than never.

The dead are asleep in the grave awaiting the Resurrection at Christs return. There is no consciousness. Praying for the dead is another thing the COUNTERFEIT church borrowed from the pagans. It is not Biblical

The dead are asleep in the grave awaiting the Resurrection at Christs return. There is no consciousness. Praying for the dead is another thing the COUNTERFEIT church borrowed from the pagans. It is not Biblical
It is Biblical in the sense Christ noted, "So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to him.”

I am Catholic, and Catholics believe members of the Body of Christ consist of both those alive today and those who have passed on. We are quite comfortable in asking any member of the Body of Christ to pray with us. As such, one time I asked both my deceased grandmothers to join me in prayer as I had a problem I could not figure out. The short of it is that (in a dream), both my grandmothers ratted me out to my mother who was able to help me with said problem. Not sure I have ever fully forgiven my grandmothers! ;)

I have a couple of other stories concerning the dead. They are far from being asleep in the grave. They are, in fact, quite active at times. Two incidents involve the deceased asking for prayers.

It is merely a coping mechanism for grief.
None of my accounts has been a coping mechanism for grief. Perhaps you have a personal account where you used it as a coping mechanism for grief? Dismissing something that one has no experience of, and no understanding, with a platitude has no value.

- it does not work, the younger you were the deeper the answerless despair. no, they are not coming back. ever.

Forum List

Back