Pray for my Katy please.

And here's Katy taking up my entire side of the bed after the wife thoughtfully laid a towel down for her.
Even though we set up a camping cot at the foot of the bed...I guess I know where I'll be sleeping,the foot of the bed or the couch.
View attachment 74306

That's the way girl!!!! you be comfy!:smiliehug:

She is recuperating.....she needs her little luxuries!!!!:biggrin:

Hell,thats where she sleeps when she's healthy.
But I didnt mind telling her to move over then.

Your baby is adorable.

Is that simple!:biggrin:

She's not as pretty as when she was a youngster...but then neither am I.:lol:

:disagree:

She IS pretty!:up:

And here's Katy taking up my entire side of the bed after the wife thoughtfully laid a towel down for her.
Even though we set up a camping cot at the foot of the bed...I guess I know where I'll be sleeping,the foot of the bed or the couch.
View attachment 74306

Your baby is adorable.

In my eyes she looks like the day we brought her home....with just a few more skin tags.:)

Your baby is adorable.

In my eyes she looks like the day we brought her home....with just a few more skin tags.:)

Why did you take her out of your avatar? It was really cute! :)

Your baby is adorable.

She's adorable!

Your baby is adorable.

Why did you take her out of your avatar? It was really cute! :)

Was going for another when I got a call from the assisted living facility telling me they wanted to call an ambulance for my mother.....she had a 101.2 fever.
I said to hell with that let me talk to her.
She said hell no I dont need to go to the emergency room and she would be fine with me taking her to see the doc in the morning.
Her medicare doesnt kick in till July first and it would have been God knows how much out of pocket. Turns out to be nothing and cost $114 bucks rather than thousands for the E trip.

HWGA -- did Katy have the MRI? Did you get the results? Will she need surgery?

I scanned the thread but didn't see what happened re: testing. I may have just missed it though.

I scanned the thread but didn't see what happened re: testing. I may have just missed it though.

Yeah I was asleep at the wheel myself. Apparently while I was in the kennel with Katy the wife and the doc decided to give the Keppra a chance and see if it stopped the seizures before committing to the surgery that might kill her after they saw how stressed she was.
So far so good,although I really hate to see how she's reacted to the Keppra.
We give it to her twice a day,once in the morning and once in the evening. Before her evening dose she's back to her old self but two hours after she's listless and sleepy.
The doc said she'd get use to it though so we'll see.

Yeah I was asleep at the wheel myself. Apparently while I was in the kennel with Katy the wife and the doc decided to give the Keppra a chance and see if it stopped the seizures before committing to the surgery that might kill her after they saw how stressed she was.
We give it to her twice a day,once in the morning and once in the evening. Before her evening dose she's back to her old self but two hours after she's listless and sleepy.

Did they do an mri to see if she has a tumor?

Did they do an mri to see if she has a tumor?

No,but they're pretty sure that it is a tumor based on her symptoms,shaking her head and sneezing a lot, but figured it really wouldnt matter if it was since the surgery would probably kill her.
The hope is it's a slow growing tumor and she wont live long enough for it to be fatal before her age catches up to her.

Gracie was on seconal. I think that is what it was. Could have been keppra. She did the same thing at first..fine, then kinda wonky/sleepy/robotic. Stoned, in other words. But after a month...she was fine. And no more seizures. Well, for almost a year, then they came back non stop. Grand Mals.
But that is neither here nor there at the moment. Katy will get used to Keppra...or rather, her body will...and she will be the dog she always has been regardless of first or second pill. And a sleepy stoned dog is better than one flopping all over the floor, right?

Gracie was on seconal. I think that is what it was. Could have been keppra. She did the same thing at first..fine, then kinda wonky/sleepy/robotic. Stoned, in other words. But after a month...she was fine. And no more seizures. Well, for almost a year, then they came back non stop. Grand Mals.
But that is neither here nor there at the moment. Katy will get used to Keppra...or rather, her body will...and she will be the dog she always has been regardless of first or second pill. And a sleepy stoned dog is better than one flopping all over the floor, right?

Yeah thats what I figure.
If she can live a normal life for another year or two I'm good with that.
When her time comes I'll cry like a baby while I hold her and let the doc do whats necessary.

When her time comes I'll cry like a baby while I hold her and let the doc do whats necessary.
That is all anyone can do. Love em like they have never been loved before.

I will try it if the opportunity comes up!

Well, I think I'm going to get ready for sleepy time now. You have a good night and Katy dog too! Keeping fingers crossed that she stays well. :bye1:

Good night Chris.
I think I'm right there with you....except I'm at the foot of the bed.

Waaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! Nobody responded to my post or acknowledged it!!!!
But thats okay....

I know you will. You are a good papa to Katy. I was with gracie, too. When it is karma's turn...I will do the same but I will whisper in her ear "Go see Gracie!" and..she will. With my help along with the vet.

Here is praying it is a slowwwwwww tumor!
Moki was told 2 years ago he only had a year left (cancer) but that little buttface is still booking right along! I am thankful. :smiliehug:

This is my buttbuttface. Moki...but I call him buttbutt.

30idgza.jpg

I know you will. You are a good papa to Katy. I was with gracie, too. When it is karma's turn...I will do the same but I will whisper in her ear "Go see Gracie!" and..she will. With my help along with the vet.

Here is praying it is a slowwwwwww tumor!
Moki was told 2 years ago he only had a year left (cancer) but that little buttface is still booking right along! I am thankful. :smiliehug:

Funny but your post brought a tear to my eye for some reason.
And I really dont care to know why.

Hugs to you. Just keep on keeping on with Katy, just as she is with you. Enjoy each other...and love each other. That in itself will never go away. :)

Wanna know how MokiButtButt wound up being MrGracies dog? After charlie died..he cried like a baby too. Sobs. The worst I ever heard from that man.
So I went hunting. Looked and looked and looked. Nothing at the pound for months. MrG said NO MORE DOGS. I knew better. So I continued to hunt. I finally gave up at rescues and the pound and no kill shelters and craigslist and for funzies..went to a local pet shop. And there he was, with his sister Sweetpea. I took them both cuz my sister in law was with me and there were only two puppies left. Moki and Sweetypea and she wanted Sweetpea for her husband (MrG's brother). She would make payments to me to pay me back for the cost of both puppies.

So...we get home, saunter in the house with these two teeny tiny puppies..small enough to fit in our hands behind our backs. I went straight to MrG who was sitting at his pc...and his brother was on the couch watching tv. SIL and myself nodded to each other, and reached out to the guys with those puppies. MrG gasped and said AWWWWWWW at the same time his brother said AWWWWWWW and that was that. Moki is MrGs dog thru and thru..and Sweetpea was hooked to the hip with MrG's brother. I love Moki...but I did not let myself get attached. Not my dog. HIS dog. And I kept it that way. I had to wait for my own dog since I was dogless at that time due to Charlie dying.

Then one day, MrG came back from the swap meet with this 17 week old aussie. I named her Gracie. SHE was MY dog. Then MrG and I both found Karma together. OUR dog.

This is Sweetpea and Moki. Sweetpea is the blonde puppy. So tiny they were.

14w7kgj.jpg

And this is Karma when MrG and I got her. She was MINE too. Actually...she was Gracie's, lol:

2dhbviq.jpg

Forum List

Back