Pray for my Katy please.

I've had a bunch of pets cats when I was a kid and a few as an adult. I can only remember having one that was kind of mean, but she was a full bred Russian Blue, and they are kind of known to be "bitchy." Lol. :D

The one's at the weekend place were feral as all get out. You couldnt even get close to em,and God forbid if you ever cornered em in the garage.
I tried trapping em for awhile but it was fifty miles to the nearest shelter.
We were hanging out down in a hollow around the fire one weekend and I started calling for Addie and she didnt come running as per usual.
Of course I got worried and went looking for as she'd gotten in trouble with a porcupine,skunk and a hog while we were up there.
Found her in the live trap with a dead cat. I guess it was the cat or her because she wouldnt hurt a fly and I cant for the life of me figure out why she went into the trap in the first place.
The fit was so tight I had to upend the trap and shake her out like a stack of Pringles.

:ack-1:

Maybe the cat had already died and she went in to investigate?

Nah...I figure she went in to play with the cat and it got hostile so she had no choice.
I'm calling self defense.:lol:

Seriously though,she'd walk up to wild animals wagging her tail and wanting to play,of course they didnt see it that way.
She got fifteen stitches over her eye when she tried to play with the wild hogs and I pulled at least a hundred porcupine quills out of her face when she decided it'd be a good idea to make friends with a porcupine.
And then there was the skunk encounter.....

Poor kitty! Too friendly for her own good! Lol!

Pretty sure that wasn't the problem..:lol:

What do you mean? She was just stupid? :lol:

Dont mind cats just never cared for em.
Had a shitload of em at our weekend place and while they kept the rats and vermin under control they were mean as hell and they were wiping out the local wildlife.
After getting rid of around twenty of em or so the two I left got fat and happy and the wildlife came back in amazing numbers.
The problem was the sorry assholes who'd take em out to the boonies and dump them.

I've had a bunch of pets cats when I was a kid and a few as an adult. I can only remember having one that was kind of mean, but she was a full bred Russian Blue, and they are kind of known to be "bitchy." Lol. :D

The one's at the weekend place were feral as all get out. You couldnt even get close to em,and God forbid if you ever cornered em in the garage.
We were hanging out down in a hollow around the fire one weekend and I started calling for Addie and she didnt come running as per usual.
Of course I got worried and went looking for as she'd gotten in trouble with a porcupine,skunk and a hog while we were up there.
Found her in the live trap with a dead cat. I guess it was the cat or her because she wouldnt hurt a fly and I cant for the life of me figure out why she went into the trap in the first place.
The fit was so tight I had to upend the trap and shake her out like a stack of Pringles.

Nah...I figure she went in to play with the cat and it got hostile so she had no choice.

Seriously though,she'd walk up to wild animals wagging her tail and wanting to play,of course they didnt see it that way.
She got fifteen stitches over her eye when she tried to play with the wild hogs and I pulled at least a hundred porcupine quills out of her face when she decided it'd be a good idea to make friends with a porcupine.

Friendly but a tough bitch when she needs to be! I like that cat. :)

I admire the cats courage unfounded or not.
But you dont take on a 85 lb adversary when you weigh nine lbs at best.
But I guess that goes back to cornering a feral cat...not a good idea whatever your intent.

Yeah pretty much. She thought everyone was her friend.
We didnt call her our special dog for nothing.

Now the wife and I's first Boxer,Jack Dempsey,he was white obviously,was a terror. I lost count of how many goats I had to pay for.
He had the wolf in him.
We used to come out to him on the porch with a dead goat sitting in front of him soaking wet from dragging it across the river.
Got to the point we had to keep him tied up when we went to the weekend place.
He tried for the deer but he wasnt quite fast enough.

I have four kids, and four cats. We're planning a family dog too!

Sounds like you need four dogs to make it even.
The kids would probably agree with you, LOL.

The more the merrier ...or is it chaotic?
Chaotic, and fun. Four dogs I don't think would be fun. My kids energy and four dogs on top of i? I'd worry for the cats stress.

No worries,they'd be hiding.

I have four kids, and four cats. We're planning a family dog too!

Chaotic, and fun. Four dogs I don't think would be fun. My kids energy and four dogs on top of i? I'd worry for the cats stress.

The little female is already losing her hair. All the males tree her even though all are fixed.

Now the wife and I's first Boxer,Jack Dempsey,he was white obviously,was a terror. I lost count of how many goats I had to pay for.
He had the wolf in him.
We used to come out to him on the porch with a dead goat sitting in front of him soaking wet from dragging it across the river.

Oh my god! I used to have a fish called a Jack Dempsey. Lol. He was pretty mean too.

My little girl Katy had a Grand Mall seizure this morning and they suspect a brain tumor.
We had to leave her at the emergency pet hospital for further observation and treatment.
She goes for her MRI and Ct Scan on Monday.
They said there is a strong possibility she'll need brain surgery to remove the tumor if possible.
View attachment 74110
View attachment 74111

i just saw this sorry about that

hope your Katy is doing well

a week ago

our 12 year old chow Ringo had a seizure

it was horrible we didnt know what was happening

never even dreamed she could have a seizure

she started to come out of it by the time we arrived at the vet

the doc was great he ran all the tests and they all came back healthy

The little female is already losing her hair. All the males tree her even though all are fixed.

So i'd have to say more stress would be a bad thing...at least the dog wont be trying to get laid.

My little girl Katy had a Grand Mall seizure this morning and they suspect a brain tumor.
We had to leave her at the emergency pet hospital for further observation and treatment.
They said there is a strong possibility she'll need brain surgery to remove the tumor if possible.
View attachment 74110
View attachment 74111
Praying for her...

View attachment 74110
View attachment 74111

i just saw this sorry about that

hope your Katy is doing well

a week ago

our 12 year old chow Ringo had a seizure

it was horrible we didnt know what was happening

never even dreamed she could have a seizure

she started to come out of it by the time we arrived at the vet

the doc was great he ran all the tests and they all came back healthy

Thats great news!
Keep an eye on her/him they can come back but they can also be treated with Keppra or the like.

Last edited:
View attachment 74110
View attachment 74111
Praying for her...

Thanks Faun.
She's improving daily.
Glad to hear that. Best wishes.

He had the wolf in him.

Oh my god! I used to have a fish called a Jack Dempsey. Lol. He was pretty mean too.

He wasnt a Betta by any chance?

He had the wolf in him.

He wasnt a Betta by any chance?

No, the name of the fish is a Jack Dempsey fish. :) Pretty cool looking fish but super aggressive. He killed all my other fish!

Jack Dempsey (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Cichlasoma_octofasciata.jpg

Forum List

Back