Pray for my Katy please.

For the record - this is about the worst title I have ever seen. I catch a glimpse of that and my heart literally leaps up into my throat thinking some precious little girl is in a life or death situation....only to find out it's about a dog. As a life long dog owner, I love my dogs. I really do. Got tears in my eyes every time one was put to sleep (and I *never* cry). But to ask for prayers for a dog? Really? For the love of pete, at least put in the thread title "for my DOG Katy". In my humble opinion, this a cruel thing to do to the rest of us (though I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it wasn't intentional).

I think being in the Pet forum should clue you in maybe? Come on....
By the way Coyote....who names a pet Katy? Every pet I've had was named after an inanimate object (snowball, fluffy, etc.). Say what you want, but that didn't help either. I didn't see the forum it was in and with a name like Katy in the title, I couldn't help but click on it to see if I could help some little girl - if nothing else with some prayers. But I'm not praying for a dadgum dog.

For the record - this is about the worst title I have ever seen. I catch a glimpse of that and my heart literally leaps up into my throat thinking some precious little girl is in a life or death situation....only to find out it's about a dog. As a life long dog owner, I love my dogs. I really do. Got tears in my eyes every time one was put to sleep (and I *never* cry). But to ask for prayers for a dog? Really? For the love of pete, at least put in the thread title "for my DOG Katy". In my humble opinion, this a cruel thing to do to the rest of us (though I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it wasn't intentional).

I didn't see "Pet forum". I simply saw the title in the first list of titles

That's understandable...but lets give this thread some kindness. Several folks already trashed it in a very hurtful way.

By the way Coyote....who names a pet Katy? Every pet I've had was named after an inanimate object (snowball, fluffy, etc.). Say what you want, but that didn't help either. I didn't see the forum it was in and with a name like Katy in the title, I couldn't help but click on it to see if I could help some little girl - if nothing else with some prayers. But I'm not praying for a dadgum dog.

Welllll....I currently have a Rue, Hazel, Rosalee, and Dasher. I've had Cowboy, Sophie, Abby, Hootie, Halley, Deena, Maytag, Elsa....

I didn't see "Pet forum". I simply saw the title in the first list of titles

That's understandable...but lets give this thread some kindness. Several folks already trashed it in a very hurtful way.
I'm not "trashing" it. Honest. I just thought it was an inappropriate title. Add dog in there so people don't think some small child is fighting for their life.

Then don't. No need to respond if you aren't going to offer anything.

Then don't. No need to respond if you aren't going to offer anything.
I responded because I thought the title was irresponsible Chris and I felt it was important to point that out for future reference.

Rottweiler, do you have dogs too? What sort?
I've had all sorts. Never kept to just a single breed. Right now I have what I don't consider a dog because my wife and two little girls wanted one of those small, annoying, yippee models. Though I must admit, he's lovable as hell. However, the deal was, after this dog I get my Rottweilers. Why?

In fairness, if you are looking at the new thread list on the right, it does not list the forum.
Thank you! That's exactly what happened to me! And I immediately clicked thinking someone's daughter was in grave danger.

Again...I genuinely love dogs. I do. But it is still just an animal and nothing compared to a child.

Welllll....I currently have a Rue, Hazel, Rosalee, and Dasher. I've had Cowboy, Sophie, Abby, Hootie, Halley, Deena, Maytag, Elsa....

Wait --- Maytag? :uhh:

I've got a Hobbes and had a Felacia, a Suzy Homewrecker, a Stinky and grew up with a Sherry. Matter of fact I don't think I've ever had a pet named after an inanimate object.

Thinking of friends' dogs... Gracie and Billy... Rocky... Sophie..... Fletcher (OK that's a weird one)... Sammy (two of them) ... Tonto....

Oh and a newt named Isaac.

Last edited:

....who names a pet Katy? Every pet I've had was named after an inanimate object (snowball, fluffy, etc.). Say what you want, but that didn't help either. I didn't see the forum it was in and with a name like Katy in the title, I couldn't help but click on it to see if I could help some little girl - if nothing else with some prayers. But I'm not praying for a dadgum dog.

The names of my pets have been Liz and Georgie and my cat now is called Toby

This IS the Pet forum and you are a troublemaker!

And YES I do pray for my pets and other people's pets in need! ,,,and YES I will continue praying when needed!

Stupid man!

Wait --- Maytag? :uhhh:

I've got a Hobbes and had a Felacia, a Suzy Homewrecker, a Stinky and grew up with a Sherry. Matter of fact I don't think I've ever had a pet named after an inanimate object.

Oh and a newt named Isaac.

Yup...Maytag was my first dog ever, a lab/golden mix - her name came with her :)
Rottweiler, do you have dogs too? What sort?
I've had all sorts. Never kept to just a single breed. Right now I have what I don't consider a dog because my wife and two little girls wanted one of those small, annoying, yippee models. Though I must admit, he's lovable as hell. However, the deal was, after this dog I get my Rottweilers. Why?

You mean you haven't had a Rottie yet? You poor lost soul! They're wonderful loyal funny dogs :) (but I don't recommend naming them fluffy or snowball) ;)

I am the head of the Reprographics Department (I make copies for everyone) for a law firm. I love working there, so I named my dog after the firm, DewyCheatumandHowe. Every time I call my dog she gives me a dirty look.

So what's in a name?

inky
In fairness, if you are looking at the new thread list on the right, it does not list the forum.

I didn't see the forum either but it was clear from the OP that the affected was a canine, to anyone who can read.

Actually, for the OP HereWeGoAgain the Rocky named above was also a Boxer who collapsed one day in some kind of paralysis. It wasn't my dog but I played the part of ambulance to get him to the hospital. I don't remember the details of what caused his collapse but I do remember he came out of it just fine and jumped all over me in joy when I went to collect him after he got out of there, so if that's any hope...

You mean you haven't had a Rottie yet? You poor lost soul! They're wonderful loyal funny dogs :) (but I don't recommend naming them fluffy or snowball) ;)

I've had lost of time with them but never owned a pure bread myself. I love them though with all of my experiences with them. They are great dogs.

It's in the pet zone.

She's named after the Town I grew up in.
Just like Addie was named after a country song based on Louisiana where we got her ,Jack Dempsey was named after a white Boxer,and Cozmo was named after my favorite place in Jamaica.
Sorry I dont adhere to your dog naming construct.

Forum List

Back