Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Yes, keep changing the subject. Your original claim was embarrassing.

So how much does my freezer cool the planet?
Incorrect. You misunderstood what I wrote. Conservation of energy requires that any solar radiation converted into electricity can not also heat the surface of the planet and that's why they measured cooler DAYTIME temperatures at six solar farms.

Incorrect. You misunderstood what I wrote. Conservation of energy requires that any solar radiation converted into electricity can not also heat the surface of the planet and that's why they measured cooler DAYTIME temperatures at six solar farms.

Any heat moved from the solar farm to the city....heats the city.

All 950 heats the planet?
Not in an incremental analysis comparing solar to fossil fuels it doesn't. In an incremental analysis comparing fossil fuels to solar the waste heat is the same in both cases. So incrementally solar results in a net cooling relative to fossil fuels.

Not in an incremental analysis comparing solar to fossil fuels it doesn't. In an incremental analysis comparing fossil fuels to solar the waste heat is the same in both cases. So incrementally solar results in a net cooling relative to fossil fuels.

1656287988872.png

What's your secret?

How does your air conditioner not warm the environment?

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042

ROFL.gif
The area you show is approximately the same area as South Carolina, which is saying that you would need about 12,400,000,000 solar panels assuming each was a size of 2' X 3'. That would cost about 1.2 trillion dollars just in panels roughly and another amount about equal in hardware to mount them and move them according to time of day with labor so figure on about a 2.5 to 3 trillion dollar outlay just to build it, and another 500 billion for the 60Hz inverters needed to convert the output to AC plus another 500 billion roughly to store the power during the night plus about another 5 billion annually to maintain it, so figure on about having a 5 trillion overhead to play with before you can even think about doing it or about 1/6th the total national debt.

Correct. Converting to a generating source that converts solar radiation into electricity does. The waste heat is the same regardless of how the electricity was generated.

Converting to a generating source that converts solar radiation into electricity does

Converting solar radiation into electricity doesn't heat or cool the planet.
Covering the planet with lower albedo panels will heat the planet.

But, that's what happened, Boris broke the law and paid between £200 and £10,000. So he's complied with the law and the punishment (the fine), was dish out and served (and this paid). So that's the end of the matter, right?
I'd say legally yes but politically, probably not. Personally I'd prefer my politicians to moral.

Forum List

Back