Pothead in Washington state was high when he killed 7 year old girl trick-or-treating

Hope this asshole pothead gets what's coming to him.
We'll be seeing this more and more in Oregon after recreational pot is approved today.

November 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Prosecutors Man accused of hitting trick-or-treaters in Vancouver was high The Today File Seattle Times

Refer Madness all over again........

Kids get hit every Halloween. Maybe we can make a computer program and install it inside of the brain of every child at birth that will prevent them from growing up and having a traffic accident.

It is tragic when a child is killed on Halloween. It is destructive when a teen becomes intoxicated and takes his insecurities out by vandalizing property, or driving recklessly. But to direct the blame of these tragedies upon a native plant is utterly fuktarded. People who do that are fuktards. There is not much more to say than that.

There is no poison in the herb.

And now that voters have approved of recreational pot, we'll be seeing more kids struck on Halloween, and every other day as well.

Being under the influence of pot and pot causing the accident are two different things. These tragedies happen when people are not under any influence.

Yes they do, but driving high is likely to make it easier to lose control, and unfortunately now that recreational pot is legal in Washington, and now Oregon we're likely to see more tragedies like this.

Do you honestly think people didn't drive high when pot was illegal? Seriously?

Wow. People are so out of touch with what is actually going on. Meanwhile, I read the article, and from the description of this guy (slurring his words, red droopy eyes) he sounds like he was also drunk.

Alcohol has killed far more people than pot. Yet nobody is clamoring to ban alcohol. When a drunk driver kills someone, nobody talks about banning alcohol.

Now that pot is legal, the availability increases, the use increases, thus these kind of stories will also increase.

Kids get hit every Halloween. Maybe we can make a computer program and install it inside of the brain of every child at birth that will prevent them from growing up and having a traffic accident.

It is tragic when a child is killed on Halloween. It is destructive when a teen becomes intoxicated and takes his insecurities out by vandalizing property, or driving recklessly. But to direct the blame of these tragedies upon a native plant is utterly fuktarded. People who do that are fuktards. There is not much more to say than that.

And now that voters have approved of recreational pot, we'll be seeing more kids struck on Halloween, and every other day as well.

Being under the influence of pot and pot causing the accident are two different things. These tragedies happen when people are not under any influence.

Yes they do, but driving high is likely to make it easier to lose control, and unfortunately now that recreational pot is legal in Washington, and now Oregon we're likely to see more tragedies like this.

Wow. People are so out of touch with what is actually going on. Meanwhile, I read the article, and from the description of this guy (slurring his words, red droopy eyes) he sounds like he was also drunk.

Alcohol has killed far more people than pot. Yet nobody is clamoring to ban alcohol. When a drunk driver kills someone, nobody talks about banning alcohol.

Now that pot is legal, the availability increases, the use increases, thus these kind of stories will also increase.

False. Perhaps you are unaware how widely available pot is already in this country. Pot usage will not increase, it will just be obtained and used on a legal free market instead of a black market of crime.

I suggest you research alcohol prohibition and its effects. I shouldn't have to educate you on one of the worst social policies in US history.

There is no mental impairment from cigarettes. None. No one ever got into a car accident because they were high on cigarettes.

I notice you conveniently and very dishonestly neglected to quote what I actually wrote which was not that cigarettes cause impairment.

Here's what I wrote:

If we want to talk about which drugs cause the most deaths, that would be cigarettes.

OTOH, how many fools run into things while fiddling with the ash that fell between their legs?

Not as many as those who get high and kill 7 year old kids.

Considering that cigarette smokers have driven for years, smoking with 7 year old children in the cars, almost certainly more children have been harmed by second hand smoking in cars than by pot smokers getting into car accidents.

This has to be the most ridiculous support for pot ever. EVER. It has to come from the damaged brain of a pot addict.
now you know how some of us feel when we read your most ridiculous anti-pot posts.....

Availability may increase. Whether that means use will increase is unknown.

Yeah....you are a great proponent for how safe alcohol is.......
I never said anything like that. You hollowed out your brain with drugs so you can't understand the meanings of words anymore.
No lucid person would ignore the science which shows that cigarette smokers get into more accidents, just because they want to promote Pot Prohibition.
What the fuck does that even mean?
But prove me wrong- show me how much the accident rates goes up for people who smoke Pot. I am willing to look at good science.

We know how badly alcohol impairs driving- a problem we have dealt with by education and tough driving laws- show me how Pot Prohibition prevents all driving under Pot influence deaths.
I'm not showing you shit, I'm making fun of you.

Ah- see its hard to tell, since clearly you have suffered traumatic brain damage.

So far all you have done is make stuff up in order to promote Pot Prohibition, and clearly your impaired brain function is getting in the way of you making a lucid post.

There is no mental impairment from cigarettes. None. No one ever got into a car accident because they were high on cigarettes.

Hmmm I wonder if that is actually true- because cigarettes certainly are a mood altering drug.

http://www.dapinghospital.com/sci/sjnk/8.pdf

The prevalence rate of cognitive
impairment was 5.3% in those who had never smoked,
4.5% in past smokers, and 11.8% in current smokers.
After adjusting for age, sex, education level and drinking,
current smokers were at a significantly higher risk of
cognitive impairment than those who had never smoked

And apparently the rate of automobile accidents goes up with cigarette smokers:

Risk of automobile accidents in cigarette smokers. - PubMed - NCBI
Assessment of relative risk estimates (RR) and adjustment for confounding factors was done by logistic regression analysis. Smokers had a 1.5-fold increase in risk for MVC over non-smokers (p = .01). Also, an increased tendency to smoke while driving was associated with greater risk of MVC (X2 trend: p = .01). The basis for this association may be: 1. distraction from driving by the act of smoking. 2. behavioural differences between smokers and non-smokers. 3. carbon-monoxide toxicity.

Maybe no one has gotten into a car accident because they are high on cigarettes, but certainly drivers have gotten into accidents because they were smoking cigarettes.
Or fiddling with the radio. But this is why I oppose pot legalization. If fries your brain and makes you think you are smart, unlike alcohol. So there is an insidious component alcohol doesn't have. No lucid person would try to compare the hazards of drunk driving with tobacco smoking.
This is why stoners can't be helped. They live in a world where only stoner physics applies.

That's why the only method of dealing with them that works is the Chinese method of forced work camps or execution.

Left alone this poison spreads.

Ah I always love Americans who are enamored with Communist dictatorships- it explains why they love having the government tell all of us what we can do.

You just want the absolute right to murder others and claim you were high so it wasn't your fault..

Ah I am sorry about your traumatic brain injury and how it makes you go all Tourette on the boards.....

But that explains why you are enamored with a Communist dictatorship that dictates what its people can do, and of course the promotion of Prohibition, a failed policy with alcohol, but which because of your brain injury you seem to think is a good idea now.

False. Perhaps you are unaware how widely available pot is already in this country. Pot usage will not increase, it will just be obtained and used on a legal free market instead of a black market of crime.

I suggest you research alcohol prohibition and its effects. I shouldn't have to educate you on one of the worst social policies in US history.
Once pot becomes legal, it will not only be available much more in it's traditional form, but it will now be in edibles as well. With it throughout a state, more people who have traditionally not been exposed to it due to it's illegality will now be exposed. Many will then try it.
The market place will increase exposure, it is a no-brainer.

Once pot becomes legal, it will not only be available much more in it's traditional form, but it will now be in edibles as well. With it throughout a state, more people who have traditionally not been exposed to it due to it's illegality will now be exposed. Many will then try it.
You think pot was not available in edible form before? Seriously? Pot brownies didn't exist until it was legalized? Interesting...

Let's look at actual data, shall we? Here is pot usage among youth in Colorado:
marijuana-use-by-Colorado-teenagers.jpg

It seems the more legal pot gets, the less teens actually use it. How about that? The reality is that the very fact that something is illegal encourages many people to do it. Doing something illegal gives people a rush.

Ah- see its hard to tell, since clearly you have suffered traumatic brain damage.

So far all you have done is make stuff up in order to promote Pot Prohibition, and clearly your impaired brain function is getting in the way of you making a lucid post.
Then you are too stoned to understand, not my fault. I'm against meth prohibition too because we don't need more dopes running around.

If it were up to me I would ban booze as well.

Me too. There are a lot of myths about Prohibition era, but even such a weak law that was poorly enforced had several positive effects, not least lowering the per capita consumption of most Americans from 3 times the European average per capita consumption and the resulting decrease in domestic violence against women and children, the main impetus for passing alcohol bans from the 19th century onward. Prohibition was a womens' and family issue for decades, something most people either don't realize or just don't care about.

If it weren't for corrupt politicians in the Midwest and Northeastern states and inadequate enforcement budgets, already in bed with organized crime gangs and the political machines that protected them,, it would have been more successful

You think pot was not available in edible form before? Seriously? Pot brownies didn't exist until it was legalized? Interesting...

It seems the more legal pot gets, the less teens actually use it. How about that? The reality is that the very fact that something is illegal encourages many people to do it. Doing something illegal gives people a rush.
I'm not talking about homemade brownies, I'm talking about edibles marketed in stores once legalization occurs.
I can make soda pop at home too, but do I have a distribution pipeline ? Once legalization occurs items can be mass produced and available throughout the state where it's legal. Again, it's availability, and once that occurs use will increase.
And by the way, your studies mean nothing until many years since legalization have gone by. Show me some stats ten years from now.

Then you are too stoned to understand, not my fault. I'm against meth prohibition too because we don't need more dopes running around.

So sorry about your traumatic brain injury, but back on point

I'm not talking about homemade brownies, I'm talking about edibles marketed in stores once legalization occurs.
I can make soda pop at home too, but do I have a distribution pipeline ? Once legalization occurs items can be mass produced and available throughout the state where it's legal. Again, it's availability, and once that occurs use will increase.
And by the way, your studies mean nothing until many years since legalization have gone by. Show me some stats ten years from now.

So far in Colorado and WAshington, pot sales are restricted to specialized stores- very similar to state owned liquor stores.
Its not as if your local 7/11 is going to be selling it next to the M&M's.

So sorry about your traumatic brain injury, but back on point

This is what you said at 5:29 pacific time this morning:

"Ah- see its hard to tell, since clearly you have suffered traumatic brain damage.

So far all you have done is make stuff up in order to promote Pot Prohibition, and clearly your impaired brain function is getting in the way of you making a lucid post."

Which one of us has the brain damage?

If it were up to me I would ban booze as well.

Me too. There are a lot of myths about Prohibition era, but even such a weak law that was poorly enforced had several positive effects, not least lowering the per capita consumption of most Americans from 3 times the European average per capita consumption and the resulting decrease in domestic violence against women and children, the main impetus for passing alcohol bans from the 19th century onward. Prohibition was a womens' and family issue for decades, something most people either don't realize or just don't care about.

If it weren't for corrupt politicians in the Midwest and Northeastern states and inadequate enforcement budgets, already in bed with organized crime gangs and the political machines that protected them,, it would have been more successful

No doubt that Prohibition did reduce the amount of liquor consumed.....but it also led to a dramatic shift from drinking low alcohol content beer and wine to hard liquor- which is more dangerous.

Prohibition also led to a dramatic increase in poisoning- the black market for liquor sold among other things denatured alcohol- you know- alcohol that has been deliberately poisoned in order to make it dangerous to consume, and wood alcohol, and other adulterated alcohol- there is a whole section of the book "The Poisoner's Handbook" about the NYC Coroners office and the deluge of poisoning cases they had after Prohibition went into effect. Public drunkenness actually went up, as people started drink less often, but binging on alcohol when they did drink.

And of course, the market for illegal liquor made huge profits for criminals,which was poured into our legal system to corrupt officials, and there was a huge increase in criminal violence, as liquor gangs defended their turf.

The corrupt officials were the result of Prohibition- not the other way around. Tons of money available to bribe low paid government officials.

Forum List

Back