Pothead in Washington state was high when he killed 7 year old girl trick-or-treating

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Hope this asshole pothead gets what's coming to him.
We'll be seeing this more and more in Oregon after recreational pot is approved today.

November 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Prosecutors: Man accused of hitting trick-or-treaters in Vancouver was high

A man accused of striking and killing a 7-year-old girl who was trick-or-treating Halloween night was under the influence of marijuana at the time, prosecutors say.

Attired in a suicide smock and hanging his head, Duane C. Abbott appeared in Clark County Superior Court on suspicion of vehicular homicide and three counts of vehicular assault.

Cadence Boyer, 7, was walking with her mom, Annie Arnold, 32, 30-year-old Chelina Alsteen and an unidentified 6-year-old girl on a sidewalk along Northeast 112th Avenue in east Vancouver when they were struck by a Ford Mustang at about 8:20 p.m. The girls were out trick-or-treating.

All four were rushed to area hospitals. Cadence Boyer died Sunday at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland. Her autopsy is scheduled for today.

The 6-year-old girl, whose parents asked that her name not be released, is a first-grader at Orchards Elementary, according to Gail Spolar, spokeswoman for Evergreen Public Schools. The girl was in serious condition at a local hospital but was showing signs of improvement, the school said in a letter sent home to parents.

Arnold, Cadence Boyer’s mother, was listed in fair condition Monday at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Alsteen remained in critical condition at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.

According to court documents, Abbott said he was changing lanes on northbound Northeast 112th Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle and drove up onto the sidewalk, striking the victims and a utility pole.

He said he smokes 2 to 3 grams of marijuana daily and had his last joint at 5 p.m. Friday, court records say.

Police reported that Abbott had red watery eyes and that they looked droopy. His speech also was slurred, police said.

A witnesses ran to the two injured little girls. One witness pulled one of the little girls away from the Mustang, which was on fire. Another witness held the head of the other little girl until emergency responders arrived.

Witnesses said Abbott crawled out of his vehicle and walked a short distance before collapsing on the ground, court records say.

Judge Robert Lewis held Abbott in lieu of $750,000 and appointed Vancouver attorney Jeff Sowder to defend him. He is scheduled to be arraigned on the charges Nov. 14.

Senior Deputy Prosecutor Kasey Vu said Abbott has an extensive criminal history dating back to 1981, including burglary, theft, forgery and escape.

Prosecutors Man accused of hitting trick-or-treaters in Vancouver was high The Today File Seattle Times

We'll be seeing this more and more in Oregon after recreational pot is approved today.
It's working out so well here, they stink up the stores but I don't see any taxis or limos.
And that drink asshole killing children is any better? Should we ban booze? Thousands of people die every year from booze.

Think about it.
Nobody thinks booze makes them smarter or a better driver. Think about it.

And that drink asshole killing children is any better? Should we ban booze? Thousands of people die every year from booze.

Think about it.
So far the drunks have killed a lot more kids this Halloween.

Asshole referenced in article probably was drinking too.

Hang him, soon, as a warning.

Think about it.

If it were up to me I would ban booze as well. It didn't work before, but I wish government would at least not condone it's use.
Here in Oregon, we have whats called "OLCC" Oregon Liquor Control Council.
Once this pot measure is approved, our state will not only be in the alcohol business, but will also be in the pot business.
Pretty damn disgusting.

Think about it.

If it were up to me I would ban booze as well. It didn't work before, but I wish government would at least not condone it's use.
Here in Oregon, we have whats called "OLCC" Oregon Liquor Control Council.
Once this pot measure is approved, our state will not only be in the alcohol business, but will also be in the pot business.
Pretty damn disgusting.
You will get a lot of tax money now going to cartels.

Just treat DUI with fatality for what it is, murder.

Prohibition does not work, it only breeds crime.

We already know that.

We already know that.
I see, so you are against the prohibition of meth? I don't think we need more dopes on the road.

We already know that.
I see, so you are against the prohibition of meth? I don't think we need more dopes on the road.
Look, we already have the meth.

They are on the road anyway.

Let them get it without the crime, and hope they OD.

That will sure help with the driving fatalities.

How many driving fatalities are linked to meth?

I am curious.
Lots of crimes are linked to meth. How do you think druggies pay for their drugs? they don't work for ong once hooked. Next you will demand tax payers pay for the fix.

s

Tragic- and he should be treated exactly the same as any other vehicular homicide under the influence of drugs/alcohol.

s

Tragic- and he should be treated exactly the same as any other vehicular homicide under the influence of drugs/alcohol.

Antony Smith died Monday when the SUV his mother was driving crashed into three trees before rolling over and coming to a stop against a fourth tree along Creedmoor Road.

Police said Laura Lynne Smith, 49, was traveling 74 mph in a 45 mph zone and that she had a blood-alcohol content of .32, four times the state's legal limit.

According to the Virginia Tech Alcohol Abuse Program, a 140-pound woman would have to take 10 shot of liquor, drink 10 cans of beer or drink 10 glasses of wine to reach a .32 BAC. Laura Smith's weight was not made immediately available.

Antony Smith died Monday when the SUV his mother was driving crashed into three trees before rolling over and coming to a stop against a fourth tree along Creedmoor Road.

Police said Laura Lynne Smith, 49, was traveling 74 mph in a 45 mph zone and that she had a blood-alcohol content of .32, four times the state's legal limit.

According to the Virginia Tech Alcohol Abuse Program, a 140-pound woman would have to take 10 shot of liquor, drink 10 cans of beer or drink 10 glasses of wine to reach a .32 BAC. Laura Smith's weight was not made immediately available.
Golly, thanks for posting that! It makes potheads killing people so much better.

That will sure help with the driving fatalities.

How many driving fatalities are linked to meth?

I am curious.
Lots of crimes are linked to meth. How do you think druggies pay for their drugs? they don't work for ong once hooked. Next you will demand tax payers pay for the fix.
Sell it for next to nothing, let them OD at home.

I got no use for meth-heads or junkies.

Don't potheads say that pot has never killed anyone? That's because addicts can always find an excuse for their addiction.

DIGITALDRIFTER SAID:

“If it were up to me I would ban booze as well.”

Spoken like a true authoritarian conservative.

Otherwise, the premise of your thread fails as a post hoc fallacy, as there is no evidence that Washington State laws had anything to do with this sad incident.

November 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Prosecutors: Man accused of hitting trick-or-treaters in Vancouver was high

A man accused of striking and killing a 7-year-old girl who was trick-or-treating Halloween night was under the influence of marijuana at the time, prosecutors say.

Attired in a suicide smock and hanging his head, Duane C. Abbott appeared in Clark County Superior Court on suspicion of vehicular homicide and three counts of vehicular assault.

Cadence Boyer, 7, was walking with her mom, Annie Arnold, 32, 30-year-old Chelina Alsteen and an unidentified 6-year-old girl on a sidewalk along Northeast 112th Avenue in east Vancouver when they were struck by a Ford Mustang at about 8:20 p.m. The girls were out trick-or-treating.

All four were rushed to area hospitals. Cadence Boyer died Sunday at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland. Her autopsy is scheduled for today.

The 6-year-old girl, whose parents asked that her name not be released, is a first-grader at Orchards Elementary, according to Gail Spolar, spokeswoman for Evergreen Public Schools. The girl was in serious condition at a local hospital but was showing signs of improvement, the school said in a letter sent home to parents.

Arnold, Cadence Boyer’s mother, was listed in fair condition Monday at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Alsteen remained in critical condition at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.

According to court documents, Abbott said he was changing lanes on northbound Northeast 112th Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle and drove up onto the sidewalk, striking the victims and a utility pole.

He said he smokes 2 to 3 grams of marijuana daily and had his last joint at 5 p.m. Friday, court records say.

Police reported that Abbott had red watery eyes and that they looked droopy. His speech also was slurred, police said.

A witnesses ran to the two injured little girls. One witness pulled one of the little girls away from the Mustang, which was on fire. Another witness held the head of the other little girl until emergency responders arrived.

Witnesses said Abbott crawled out of his vehicle and walked a short distance before collapsing on the ground, court records say.

Judge Robert Lewis held Abbott in lieu of $750,000 and appointed Vancouver attorney Jeff Sowder to defend him. He is scheduled to be arraigned on the charges Nov. 14.

Senior Deputy Prosecutor Kasey Vu said Abbott has an extensive criminal history dating back to 1981, including burglary, theft, forgery and escape.

Prosecutors Man accused of hitting trick-or-treaters in Vancouver was high The Today File Seattle Times
i just got through watching the news....they said it hasnt been determined what he was high on....

Forum List

Back