Post-9/11 wars have cost the U.S. an estimated $8 trillion.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
And killed more than 900,000 people ---both very conservative estimates in my opinion.

A report from the Costs of War project at Brown University revealed that 20 years of post-9/11 wars have cost the U.S. an estimated $8 trillion and have killed more than 900,000 people.

The Costs of War project, founded more than a decade ago at the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs and co-directed by two Brown scholars, released its influential annual report ahead of the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania, the impetus for an ongoing American effort to root out terrorism in the Middle East and beyond.

“The war has been long and complex and horrific and unsuccessful... and the war continues in over 80 countries,” said Catherine Lutz, co-director of Costs of War and a professor of international and public affairs at Brown, during a virtual event hosted by the Watson Institute on Wednesday, Sept. 1. “The Pentagon and the U.S. military have now absorbed the great majority of the federal discretionary budget, and most people don’t know that. Our task, now and in future years, is to educate the public on the ways in which we fund those wars and the scale of that funding.”

Instead of burning up $8 trillion in a desert 6000 miles away, we could have started catching up with the modern world a little.,,,...here at home, where it's looking more like Venezuela every day.
1632405949298.png

trains1.jpg

And killed more than 900,000 people ---both very conservative estimates in my opinion.

A report from the Costs of War project at Brown University revealed that 20 years of post-9/11 wars have cost the U.S. an estimated $8 trillion and have killed more than 900,000 people.

The Costs of War project, founded more than a decade ago at the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs and co-directed by two Brown scholars, released its influential annual report ahead of the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania, the impetus for an ongoing American effort to root out terrorism in the Middle East and beyond.

“The war has been long and complex and horrific and unsuccessful... and the war continues in over 80 countries,” said Catherine Lutz, co-director of Costs of War and a professor of international and public affairs at Brown, during a virtual event hosted by the Watson Institute on Wednesday, Sept. 1. “The Pentagon and the U.S. military have now absorbed the great majority of the federal discretionary budget, and most people don’t know that. Our task, now and in future years, is to educate the public on the ways in which we fund those wars and the scale of that funding.”

20200710PHT83117_original.jpg

There were a 150 terrorist murders in Europe in 2015.

2019 there were only 10.

That's the only metric there is to measure how successful the war on terrorism is.

And it's obviously successful.

Our goal in Afghanistan was to stop Afghanistan from harboring terrorists and exporting terrorism. If the Taliban stops harboring terrorists and exporting terrorism, and they've said they will, we met our goal in Afghanistan too.

Our goal in Afghanistan was to stop Afghanistan from harboring terrorists and exporting terrorism. If the Taliban stops harboring terrorists and exporting terrorism, and they've said they will, we met our goal in Afghanistan too.
I have some ocean front beach property in Kansas to sell you too Skippy.

Here's MSNBC pretending to carry the antiwar torch by having Michael Moore on...a name that always triggers the right to go crazy, even though he's correct about 90% of the time.

MM is good right up to the moment of kissing Biden's ass.

Last edited:
Here's MSNBC pretending to carry the antiwar torch by having Michael Moore on...a name that always triggers the right to go crazy, even though he's correct about 90% of the time.

MM is good right up to the moment of kissing Biden's ass.

I don't do video, but yeah MSNBC was pro-war when Obama was potus. One reason I stopped watching any natl news on politics.

Angelo
Sure it has because instead of going in, blowing up what needs to be blown up and killing those that need killing we do that and then rebuild their countries for them.

For my money you go in, do what you need to do and get the hell out. Let them rebuild their country.

Forum List

Back