Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Police have failed to stop crime or prevent it all they do effectively is extort monies from drivers
The SCOTUS has determined that it is not the responsibility of LEOs to prevent or stop crimes. It’s their job to invest time, arrest sustains assist in prosecuting criminals. Nothing more.

If you read or hear stories about the Capital, some of the arrested are still in prison and in solitary confinement for trespassing. Hunter (a lawyer) filled out a federal firearms application and lied on it. He didn't even get a ticket. Then his GF took that gun he got with that falsified application and threw it in a dumpster pretty close to a school. Today he's selling books and his so-called art. He makes his art using a plastic straw. Well....... I have to admit, at least he is an expert in using straws.

What else would you expect from a Banana Republic?

Police have failed to stop crime or prevent it all they do effectively is extort monies from drivers
The SCOTUS has determined that it is not the responsibility of LEOs to prevent or stop crimes. It’s their job to invest time, arrest sustains assist in prosecuting criminals. Nothing more.
Then they should stop advertising that they can.

Gotta love it

Did they resign from the force or just from that special unit like what happened in Buffalo after they were held responsible for pushing down that elderly man?
Just the special unit. They are still on the force and can still be deployed. In other words, "resigning" was largely symbolic.

On Wednesday night, just hours after the Multnomah County district attorney announced the indictment, the roughly 50 colleagues who had served with Officer Budworth on the unit voted to leave the squad, known as the Rapid Response Team, Deputy Chief Chris Davis said on Thursday. He said the officers would remain on regular patrol and could still be deployed to respond to protests.
The next level this will inevitably go to will be a serious case of the "Blue Flu" when Police are called upon to deploy in response to protests!

Then they should stop advertising that they can.
What’s on the side of the cars is a marketing campy, nothing more. It’s never been their job to stop crimes. That’s the industry Sam Colt, Horace Smith, Dan Wesson, and John Browning were involved in

Spoiled brats, not tough enough too handle the job they volunteered for.

Who the hell can afford to possibly defend Fake Criminal charges that can be levied?

Resigning and backing away from such a risky situation is actually a smart and considerate idea, the officers are thinking about their family's future. They are counting on using their nest egg to pay their children's tuition and orthodontic bills, or retire. Not enrich some lawyer because of fake charges levied by a whining liberal DA at the behest of a rioter.
Yes, if the going gets tough, run away, don't suck it up and continue...The cops are wimps unlike the military which do or die...

People join the police department to earn a living and support their families. If they aren't going to be able to do that, they will find another way. Doesn't make them a "wimp", just a responsible father , husband and citizen.
I watched the same in the army and yet it didn't impinge upon their abilities to do their jobs.

Bullshit. In the army, the Germans didn't sue the GI's for using excessive force. No risk at all.

Further, cop is a civilian JOB, that people serve at voluntarily and can quit. Not the same as the military.
I was not in WWI or WWII sorry.
Our last declared war...a total war. Those on the Right who denigrate our military don't seem to know those details. Probably never served.
I've met a lot of those and these are the same people that were nasty to me when I got out and tried to find a job or ask a girl on a date to be told I was a baby killer.
Jeebus chrisp, you that old?

If they are unable to act within the law they should resign. Good on them.
I’m not familiar with the case. Tell us what the cop did.
Or is every prosecution only against guilty people?
Be careful how you answer that, because it may not fit your narrative nor reality.

I have no idea. He is being prosecuted for assault. The force resigned over that. If they do not support the process, like I said, resign, it's the thing to do.
So you have no idea but assume guilt just because he’s a cop.
There you have it folks, Leftardism in full glory.

I assumed nothing. I never said he was guilty. I commented on the idea that if you are not willing to live within the laws set up, the correct thing to do is resign.

But when you can't actually address what I say, make up a position for me for you to argue against so you think you accomplished something.

The officer will get due process.
They didn't resign because they knew they couldn't live within the law. They resigned because the prosecutors are charging the cops with crimes for DOING THEIR JOBS.

You are flat out LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH to justify your asinine position.

They charged ONE officer for striking a member of the press doing their job. You need to get a mirror.

Someone throws a gasoline bomb at you/your house. You smack them around in response.

YOU somehow wind up in jail on charges rather than the aggressors.

Seems logical.... *facepalm*

Whether you understand the idea or not, laws apply to all. I find it really sad those who argue that we can't have a police force unless we are willing to allow them to violate our rights.

That is a clear sign of a failed state.
So you would not stand up for/defend yourself or your family/friends if it ment committing a dreaded misdemeanor.

What a pathetic individual you are

A vast meaningless generalization. A person has a right to defend themselves. You are trying to mix the legal with the illegal. There is a vast gulf between defense and assault.
So did you support the shooting of Ashli Babbot?

Go back to the original Jan 6 thread. In it I state that I saw absolutely no reason for her to have been shot and it really makes no sense to me and I"ve stated that the family deserves a better explanation than they have got so far.
Should the cop that shot her be charged with a felony?

We need to get the info before one could determine that. I believe it should be something we have but don't.

"When that line is crossed, and a police officer's use of force is excessive and lacks a justification under the law, the integrity of our criminal justice system requires that we as prosecutors act as a mechanism for accountability,"

Portland police officer indicted on assault charge over alleged use of force at George Floyd protest

It seemed he smacked a member of the press upside her head with his baton while she was trying to record what was going on. He was not in any way defending himself.
She was a rioter. Disobeying a legal order. In my view he meant to shove her.

If he means to shove but uses a stick upside her head instead he has not business being an officer to start with.

Someone throws a gasoline bomb at you/your house. You smack them around in response.

Whether you understand the idea or not, laws apply to all. I find it really sad those who argue that we can't have a police force unless we are willing to allow them to violate our rights.

So you would not stand up for/defend yourself or your family/friends if it ment committing a dreaded misdemeanor.

A vast meaningless generalization. A person has a right to defend themselves. You are trying to mix the legal with the illegal. There is a vast gulf between defense and assault.

Go back to the original Jan 6 thread. In it I state that I saw absolutely no reason for her to have been shot and it really makes no sense to me and I"ve stated that the family deserves a better explanation than they have got so far.
Yet your boy Joe and Pelosi are covering for the Jan 6 murder of the unarmed woman.

I've never supported Biden but you know that but you feel this insane desire to lash out.

Va

Yet your boy Joe and Pelosi are covering for the Jan 6 murder of the unarmed woman.
The insurrectionist breaking thru a window to harm members of Congress....something you seem to support.
Vandalism is a capital offense?
You run with that, hun. The thinking people know it was a riot and Darwin Award Grand Prize winner Babbitt was just the first one (and last one) of a thuggish mob trying to get thru the barracaded door protecting members of Congress.

"When that line is crossed, and a police officer's use of force is excessive and lacks a justification under the law, the integrity of our criminal justice system requires that we as prosecutors act as a mechanism for accountability,"

Portland police officer indicted on assault charge over alleged use of force at George Floyd prot.est

It seemed he smacked a member of the press upside her head with his baton while she was trying to record what was going on. He was not in any way defending himself.
She was a rioter. Disobeying a legal order. In my view he meant to shove her.

She's not a member of the press lol. That is the excuse a lot of them try to use to usurp a lawful order.
If she can provide legit press credentials I'll take her side, maybe.

The article notes she had her press credentials but obviously you know better.................................

I'll go with what is noted in the article.

Yet nothing is done about it and it's no big deal to you

Do you want me to go straighten them out? If not, what exactly do you expect me to do?

This goes under the heading of "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!"

All the idiots that have fallen for the narrative that "brutal" Police are the problem for blacks in America are about to be shown what happens when you don't HAVE Police in bad neighborhoods!
Police have failed to stop crime or prevent it all they do effectively is extort monies from drivers.
When you don't have enough cops they can't stop crime everywhere, they can only clean up the mess afterwards. They stop it by being visible everywhere.

I’m not familiar with the case. Tell us what the cop did.
Or is every prosecution only against guilty people?
Be careful how you answer that, because it may not fit your narrative nor reality.

I have no idea. He is being prosecuted for assault. The force resigned over that. If they do not support the process, like I said, resign, it's the thing to do.

The men responsible for maintaining law and order, in the face of violent mobs, seem to think that they cannot do that, ie maintain law and order, under the current system.

View attachment 502776

Then it's time for them to resign. Problem solved.

Then I suggest they enjoy their cops or learn to fight back and take back their streets since the cops seem incapable of doing such.

That's not the solution. The solution is to elect better leaders who are binding the cops making them incapable of doing their job. Who wants a job where the good guys are against you and the bad guys are against you?

Equal Protection Under the Law is probably more in line with the decision, than you suggest.

Portland's District Attorney chose to prosecute an Officer for a misdemeanor,
while at the same time he chose not to prosecute 39 cases where Officers were assaulted by rioters.

If you want to make the law the issue ... Then prosecute it equally.

If you read or hear stories about the Capital, some of the arrested are still in prison and in solitary confinement for trespassing. Hunter (a lawyer) filled out a federal firearms application and lied on it. He didn't even get a ticket. Then his GF took that gun he got with that falsified application and threw it in a dumpster pretty close to a school. Today he's selling books and his so-called art. He makes his art using a plastic straw. Well....... I have to admit, at least he is an expert in using straws.
expert at using straws? Must not be from California then.

Lord have mercy...........forcing the cops to not stop criminals is already leading to a giant crime wave and more murders. Attacking the cops is not just morally wrong, it especially stupid.

Nowhere does it appear that the person struck was committing any sort of criminal activity.

Forum List

Back