Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Antifa and burn loot murder routinely identify their most violent activists as reporters or medics.

I’m not familiar with the case. Tell us what the cop did.
Or is every prosecution only against guilty people?
Be careful how you answer that, because it may not fit your narrative nor reality.
I have no idea. He is being prosecuted for assault. The force resigned over that. If they do not support the process, like I said, resign, it's the thing to do.

The District Attorney finding it easier to enforce and prosecute the law on the Police than the citizenry,
is probably what led to the them resigning.

I'm guessing you don't think Portland's District Attorney refusing to prosecute 39 cases of officers assaulted by rioters,
and then messing with a cop over a misdemeanor, had anything to do with it.

I have no reason to comment on something you claim happened.

If they are unable to act within the law they should resign. Good on them.
Be careful how you answer that, because it may not fit your narrative nor reality.
So called protesters erupted into a full blown riot and set a building on fire, police were struggling to push this mob back so fire crews could put out the fire. Some snowflake got injured in the mayhem and asshole liberals indicted the riot police officer. THAT'S why the entire 50 person riot squad resigned in protest.

Police have failed to stop crime or prevent it all they do effectively is extort monies from drivers
Says every shitty driver.

100% truth. As a retired tractor-trailer driver who spent 8 or more hours on the road every day, not once was I extorted for money. In fact before I left, I didn't have one moving traffic violation in over 20 years.

Gotta love it

Ok. Let me get this straight. The cops are so opposed to being held responsible for their actions that they all quit. Ok. So tell me about those good cops who are outraged by misbehavior in their fellow officers again. That is always a good line with zero basis in fact or truth.

What I can say is good riddance to bad rubbish.

Police have failed to stop crime or prevent it all they do effectively is extort monies from drivers
Says every shitty driver.

100% truth. As a retired tractor-trailer driver who spent 8 or more hours on the road every day, not once was I extorted for money. In fact before I left, I didn't have one moving traffic violation in over 20 years.
Never see cops in my mirror, because I don't drive like a dumbshit. Honestly, I think the fines are far too low.

I have no problem with rioters feeling the end of a nightstick either.
Do stupid shit, prepare for consequences.

So called protesters erupted into a full blown riot and set a building on fire, police were struggling to push this mob back so fire crews could put out the fire. Some snowflake got injured in the mayhem and asshole liberals indicted the riot police officer. THAT'S why the entire 50 person riot squad resigned in protest.

A member of the press recording what was going on.

You lied by accusing the cop of assaulting a member of the press.
While all who love America would applaud such action, you lied.

I have no idea. He is being prosecuted for assault. The force resigned over that. If they do not support the process, like I said, resign, it's the thing to do.
So you have no idea but assume guilt just because he’s a cop.
There you have it folks, Leftardism in full glory.

I assumed nothing. I never said he was guilty. I commented on the idea that if you are not willing to live within the laws set up, the correct thing to do is resign.

But when you can't actually address what I say, make up a position for me for you to argue against so you think you accomplished something.

The officer will get due process.
They didn't resign because they knew they couldn't live within the law. They resigned because the prosecutors are charging the cops with crimes for DOING THEIR JOBS.

You are flat out LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH to justify your asinine position.

They charged ONE officer for striking a member of the press doing their job. You need to get a mirror.
I saw no camera, no notebook of pencil. I saw nothing to indicate that person was a member if the press. Most press wear insignia identifying them as such.
Was that person just a rabble rouser pretending to be press?

I assumed nothing. I never said he was guilty. I commented on the idea that if you are not willing to live within the laws set up, the correct thing to do is resign.

But when you can't actually address what I say, make up a position for me for you to argue against so you think you accomplished something.

They didn't resign because they knew they couldn't live within the law. They resigned because the prosecutors are charging the cops with crimes for DOING THEIR JOBS.

They charged ONE officer for striking a member of the press doing their job. You need to get a mirror.
I saw no camera, no notebook of pencil. I saw nothing to indicate that person was a member if the press. Most press wear insignia identifying them as such.
He has to lie because reporters are unbiased and never take sides in getting involved.

You lied by accusing the cop of assaulting a member of the press.
While all who love America would applaud such action, you lied.

If you say so. That's what the article notes. Whatever you want to believe changes nothing.

The article notes she had her credentials on. I'm not concerned over what "you see".

He has to lie because reporters are unbiased and never take sides in getting involved.

What happened to the argument that the media is biased?

I have no reason to comment on something you claim happened.

I didn't claim anything happened that wasn't supported in the articles posted.
Your comment, telling me you have no reason to comment, is an excellent example of your utter bullshit ... :thup:

Portland riot police resign after team member indicted for assault.

I don't blame the police for resigning from the riot team after the way they are being treated.

Across the country many police officers are resigning or retiring early. "Defund the police" is a new democrat policy.

Lets take a poll to see how popular those policies are.

Forum List

Back