Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Don’t blame them for doing this like I have said before I don’t know why anyone would want to be a cop in this environment.

Police Officers tend to be pretty smart guys, if they have to avoid trouble, they know how to do it.
True but being trashed, vilified and compared to those few who can’t has got to wear them down and make those considering becoming police officers say it’s just not worth it.

Spoiled brats, not tough enough too handle the job they volunteered for.
It seems they are supporting a fellow volunteer. The city of Portland isn't looking out for the city's best interests, then what is the point?

Maybe the mayor, city council and prosecutors office should go out with the volunteers during a riot and see what is really going on?

Why don't you get the training and volunteer?
I have this problem of being able to walk more than one hundred feet or stand more than ten minutes at a time or I'd train them myself.
Sure you would, you are just making excuses you coward.
Oh my, now you like to pick on gimps..
View attachment 502864 they have a model to follow
That is all these guys have been, I have experience their so called Christian love all my life and they disgust me.
You poor victim.
Hardly, it made me stronger not being like you.

Don’t blame them for doing this like I have said before I don’t know why anyone would want to be a cop in this environment.

Nobody on the right blames them. The left, probably most do.

They elected commie misfits to run their city, and now they are running it into the ground. Similar to places like New York where record amount of police retired or left the force, they will keep reelecting these same officials again. Look at AOC. Okay, she kind of sneaked in when nobody was looking. After she spent two years making a complete ass out of herself and an embarrassment to her district, they elected her again!

Leftists are not very bright. Some have the education, but few have any logic. If they possessed common sense, they'd be Republican.

It seems to be working in Chicago, street gangs and drug dealers are eliminating a hundred or so criminals and collateral damage every week.
...along with innocent children when they fire through walls of homes or into vehicles, hoping to hit someone inside.
Moonglow says that is okay because the Democrats keep electing people that allow murder and killing innocent people.

Spoiled brats, not tough enough too handle the job they volunteered for.
It seems they are supporting a fellow volunteer. The city of Portland isn't looking out for the city's best interests, then what is the point?

Maybe the mayor, city council and prosecutors office should go out with the volunteers during a riot and see what is really going on?

Why don't you get the training and volunteer?
I have this problem of being able to walk more than one hundred feet or stand more than ten minutes at a time or I'd train them myself.
Sure you would, you are just making excuses you coward.
Oh my, now you like to pick on gimps..
View attachment 502864 they have a model to follow
That is all these guys have been, I have experience their so called Christian love all my life and they disgust me.
You poor victim.
Hardly, it made me stronger not being like you.
That is why you are still crying about it. :itsok:

Be a shame if rioters show up to the Portland DA and Mayors homes next weekend.
Portlanders wanted it , they got it. And they’re going to get it deservedly so!

The Rapid Response Team, a unit within the Portland police department, voted unanimously to resign on Wednesday during a meeting with the police union. This follows the criminal indictment of an officer for assault stemming from a riot in August 2020, sources within the police bureau told The Post Millennial.

Officer Corey Budworth was on the Rapid Response Team, a group police officers that volunteer for the post, and are deployed to respond to riots, civil unrest, and demonstrations in Portland. Budworth was indicted and charged with one count of fourth degree assault, a misdemeanor by Multnomah District Attorney Mike Schmidt’s office on Tuesday.

On the night of August 18, 2020, Antifa militants threw a Molotov cocktail into the County Sheriff’s Department Headquarters as the Rapid Response Team struggled to contain the riot.

In a statement released after the indictment, Schmidt said “In this case, we allege that no legal justification existed for Officer Budworth’s deployment of force, and that the deployment of force was legally excessive under the circumstances.”

“Now that the riot team is no more, we have no clue what’s going to happen. We don’t have enough patrol officers to be pulled from the road to handle huge crowds,” a Portland police officer said. “We are only backups with no gear like the riot team has.”

This is ahead of massive demonstrations and protests that are planned for this upcoming weekend.

Probably for the best. More police brutality only makes the riots worse. Get better people in there.

The Rapid Response Team, a unit within the Portland police department, voted unanimously to resign on Wednesday during a meeting with the police union. This follows the criminal indictment of an officer for assault stemming from a riot in August 2020, sources within the police bureau told The Post Millennial.

Officer Corey Budworth was on the Rapid Response Team, a group police officers that volunteer for the post, and are deployed to respond to riots, civil unrest, and demonstrations in Portland. Budworth was indicted and charged with one count of fourth degree assault, a misdemeanor by Multnomah District Attorney Mike Schmidt’s office on Tuesday.

On the night of August 18, 2020, Antifa militants threw a Molotov cocktail into the County Sheriff’s Department Headquarters as the Rapid Response Team struggled to contain the riot.

In a statement released after the indictment, Schmidt said “In this case, we allege that no legal justification existed for Officer Budworth’s deployment of force, and that the deployment of force was legally excessive under the circumstances.”

“Now that the riot team is no more, we have no clue what’s going to happen. We don’t have enough patrol officers to be pulled from the road to handle huge crowds,” a Portland police officer said. “We are only backups with no gear like the riot team has.”

This is ahead of massive demonstrations and protests that are planned for this upcoming weekend.

Stupid actions have consequences

Probably for the best. More police brutality only makes the riots worse. Get better people in there.
If you were a police officer how would you handle rioters and protect law abiding citizens?

It's going to be fun watching Portland burn.

Used to be a great city. Dems are great at fucking good things up.

If you were a police officer how would you handle rioters and protect law abiding citizens?
If you were a police officer, how many journalists would you assault?

If you were a police officer, how many journalists would you assault?
Only rude people answer questions with questions. If that journalist were deemed a threat as many as I needed to. Being a journalist does not give someone permission to break the law. Not even in bizarre leftist land.

Equal Protection Under the Law is probably more in line with the decision, than you suggest.

Portland's District Attorney chose to prosecute an Officer for a misdemeanor,
while at the same time he chose not to prosecute 39 cases where Officers were assaulted by rioters.

If you want to make the law the issue ... Then prosecute it equally.

If you read or hear stories about the Capital, some of the arrested are still in prison and in solitary confinement for trespassing. Hunter (a lawyer) filled out a federal firearms application and lied on it. He didn't even get a ticket. Then his GF took that gun he got with that falsified application and threw it in a dumpster pretty close to a school. Today he's selling books and his so-called art. He makes his art using a plastic straw. Well....... I have to admit, at least he is an expert in using straws.

Forum List

Back