Zone1 Pope Francis Announces Possible Resignation

I don't like the idea of popes quitting when they get tired of the grind.

The Church went for hundreds of years where every pontiff served until they achieved room temperature, and now they see it as a temporary gig.

I am not Catholic, and what I know about catholicism wouldn't even make a good fart. Personally I am quite content to go popeless.

However, I have known and interacted with Catholics and I was always told the pope was holy and ordained. That sort of thing isn't supposed to be a choice.
So I wonder if this sort of thing, ie;defying g-d, isn't something that would undermine followers faith in the church and it's teachings. Maybe undermine followers faith in g-d.

However, I have known and interacted with Catholics and I was always told the pope was holy and ordained. That sort of thing isn't supposed to be a choice.
So I wonder if this sort of thing, ie;defying g-d, isn't something that would undermine followers faith in the church and it's teachings. Maybe undermine followers faith in g-d.
Pope Francis is not defying God. I have no doubt that he came to this decision after intense prayer.

Perhaps it is not remembered that Pope Benedict XVI (Pope before Pope Francis) is still alive and he, too, had to retire due to failing health.

No, neither retirement due health does not undermine faith in the church and its teaching because--think of it--the Church and its teachings are founded upon Christ over two thousand years ago, not on Pope Francis in the March 2013. One of the main titles of any Pope is, The servant of the servants of God, referencing the priesthood of many. If he can no longer act as their servant, it is understandable that he would choose to resign.

Pope Francis is not defying God. I have no doubt that he came to this decision after intense prayer.

Perhaps it is not remembered that Pope Benedict XVI (Pope before Pope Francis) is still alive and he, too, had to retire due to failing health.

No, neither retirement due health does not undermine faith in the church and its teaching because--think of it--the Church and its teachings are founded upon Christ over two thousand years ago, not on Pope Francis in the March 2013. One of the main titles of any Pope is, The servant of the servants of God, referencing the priesthood of many. If he can no longer act as their servant, it is understandable that he would choose to resign.
I think I asked a friend the same thing when the last pope retired. Like I said I'm not of the faith. I do appreciate your kind reply.

Pretty sure God meant popes too when He said to not worship anyone or anything except Him.

Is the old communist really going to quit the mess he made of the Church?
He didn't make it a mess on his own but he seems to be competing for the title of Worst Pope in history

And he wrote this resignation letter in 2013 or thereabouts

not exactly news

sigh.. What a shame.

you are lost. Francis is not a valid pope and we haven't had one since Pius XII

Forum List

Back