Pompeo tweets countdown until 2024 presidential election

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For me, this is the guy who could follow Trump. He has had the clarity and courage to call out Americas enemies. I believe he would be bold enough to deal with them in an equally aggressive manner as they have operated against the West.

Furthermore, it would be difficult for Trump to NOT endorse him. That would give him 75M votes off the hop.

It appears that now-former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is wasting no time in stoking speculation about his likely national ambitions.

On Thursday, his first full day as a private citizen following the end of President Trump’s administration, Pompeo tweeted "1,384 days."

That happens to be the number of days until the next presidential election, in November of 2024.

Pompeo, a former congressman from Kansas who served as CIA director under Trump before becoming America’s top diplomat, is considered to be one of more than a dozen potential 2024 GOP presidential hopefuls.

The then-secretary of state, who was arguably Trump’s most loyal cabinet member, faced criticism last year for giving speeches considered to be tinged with political overtones, including delivering an address during August’s Republican National Convention that he recorded during an official diplomatic trip to Israel. After the speech, House Democrats called for an investigation into whether Pompeo violated the Hatch Act, which bars federal appointees from engaging in politically partisan activities.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Pompeo is not waiting until after Trump's second inauguration to launch his own pre-failed run for president?
Hell, Europe refused to meet with him the last week of Trump's presidency he got the cold shoulder cause they no like him.

Last edited:

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait for Biden’s second term

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pompeo is not waiting until after Trump's second inauguration to launch his own pre-failed run for president. Hell Europe refused to meet with him the last week of Trump's presidency he got the cold shoulder cause they no like him.
Pompeo was not well liked or respected

Claudette

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For me, this is the guy who could follow Trump. He has had the clarity and courage to call out Americas enemies. I believe he would be bold enough to deal with them in an equally aggressive manner as they have operated against the West.

Furthermore, it would be difficult for Trump to NOT endorse him. That would give him 75M votes off the hop.

It appears that now-former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is wasting no time in stoking speculation about his likely national ambitions.

On Thursday, his first full day as a private citizen following the end of President Trump’s administration, Pompeo tweeted "1,384 days."

That happens to be the number of days until the next presidential election, in November of 2024.

Pompeo, a former congressman from Kansas who served as CIA director under Trump before becoming America’s top diplomat, is considered to be one of more than a dozen potential 2024 GOP presidential hopefuls.

The then-secretary of state, who was arguably Trump’s most loyal cabinet member, faced criticism last year for giving speeches considered to be tinged with political overtones, including delivering an address during August’s Republican National Convention that he recorded during an official diplomatic trip to Israel. After the speech, House Democrats called for an investigation into whether Pompeo violated the Hatch Act, which bars federal appointees from engaging in politically partisan activities.
Pompeo is one of the good ones and I could vote for him. After four years of misery under the Biden/Harris shit show I'd bet voters would love it if he ran.

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Last thing America needs is another Trump.

OP
shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Last thing America needs is another Trump.
Trumps policies and patriotism with only a little aggressive approach with his words. Trump kept him in that position for so long for a reason, as he respected him and trusted him to put America First. He did well in my estimation.

bendog

Platinum Member
Reaction score

shocked, I'm shocked

HappyJoy

Gold Member
Reaction score
Pompeo should maybe concentrate on winning a single state wide election first.

LA RAM FAN

Platinum Member
Reaction score

You want a former CIA director in office,bettter get off the weed you been smoking. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: Last time we had a former CIA director in office was that evil bushwacker,a mass murderer who taught his son how to be one and to start wars as well.Cheney and the bush’s had a huge role in orchestrating 9/11 and you want another fucking CIA director as president? Beam me up Scotty,there is nointelligent life forms on this planet.:uhoh3:

BlindBoo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pompusbutt?

No chance of being the leader of Trumps Banana Republicans

kyzr

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Pompeo is not waiting until after Trump's second inauguration to launch his own pre-failed run for president. Hell Europe refused to meet with him the last week of Trump's presidency he got the cold shoulder cause they no like him.
Pompeo was not well liked or respected
You're forgetting he'd be running against "heels up" Kamala.
That's what voters call a "no brainer"

He graduated 1st in his class at West Point, duh.

Indeependent

Diamond Member
Reaction score

You want a former CIA director in office,bettter get off the weed you been smoking. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: Last time we had a former CIA director in office was that evil bushwacker,a mass murderer who taught his son how to be one and to start wars as well.Cheney and the bush’s had a huge role in orchestrating 9/11 and you want another fucking CIA director as president? Beam me up Scotty,there is nointelligent life forms on this planet.:uhoh3:
The problem is that each Bush and Cheney were self-serving scum from the moment the sperm met the egg.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List