Polls prove Biden is off to a solid start!

Gee, people are in favor of getting "free money"? What a shocker! All that shows me is that the average American doesn't understand that with every trillion Biden spends...the money in their wallet is worth less.

Gas prices down here just went to $2.59 a gallon...up about fifty cents since Biden took office. Let's see how popular he is once he's successful at raising that back up to $4.00 a gallon!

You should know by now that presidents have very little to do with gas prices.
They are lower now than they were the last half of 2019 and into March 2020 under Dear Leader.

ch.gaschart
Look at the trend since Joe Biden got elected! Start working on your excuses for once it hits $4 a gallon, Doc! Presidents CAN affect the price of gasoline with policy. Joe Biden is demonstrating that as we speak!

Gee, people are in favor of getting "free money"? What a shocker! All that shows me is that the average American doesn't understand that with every trillion Biden spends...the money in their wallet is worth less.

Gas prices down here just went to $2.59 a gallon...up about fifty cents since Biden took office. Let's see how popular he is once he's successful at raising that back up to $4.00 a gallon!

They are lower now than they were the last half of 2019 and into March 2020 under Dear Leader.

ch.gaschart

I drill. Presidents have a lot to do with prices through their foreign policy.

Meh - The average price under Obama was about 50 cents higher than it was under Trumpy Bear. But that was due primarily to Donnie's failed pandemic response when gas prices tanked.

Eric Trump misleadingly claimed on social media that gasoline was $5 per gallon “under O’Biden,” but “unbelievably good” during his father’s administration. The average retail price of gasoline while Barack Obama was president was $2.97. The average price under President Donald Trump has been $2.49, which includes lower prices due to the pandemic.​

ch.gaschart
Look at the trend since Joe Biden got elected! Start working on your excuses for once it hits $4 a gallon, Doc! Presidents CAN affect the price of gasoline with policy. Joe Biden is demonstrating that as we speak!

So? You see the same trend under Captain Bone Spurs between 4-28-2020 and 8-20-2020.

ch.gaschart

The average price under Obama wasn't due to Obama's policies you dolt! Oil and natural gas production boomed because of exploration on lands that Barry didn't control! On the lands that he DID control production went down!
Meh - The average price under Obama was about 50 cents higher than it was under Trumpy Bear. But that was due primarily to Donnie's failed pandemic response when gas prices tanked.

Eric Trump misleadingly claimed on social media that gasoline was $5 per gallon “under O’Biden,” but “unbelievably good” during his father’s administration. The average retail price of gasoline while Barack Obama was president was $2.97. The average price under President Donald Trump has been $2.49, which includes lower prices due to the pandemic.​

Don’t get it do you? I do not have a daughter that is competing for a college scholarship but that’s not the point. The transgender Males are NOT equal to females and will always be the winners . Their XY chromosomes are competing against XX no matter what anybody says

This would be SO rare that it really isn't worth talking about.
SO what? It’s still not fair or reasonable. What if that were your daughter. Forget professional sports. Say your daughter was on the girls basketball team ( or any sport) Do you think it’s reasonable or FAIR that XY should compete against XX??

No question that Donald's botched response with the COVIDS and endless conspiracy theories/ chaos were his downfall. The Grand Old Party? The Do Nothing Party (DNP) is a better name. They spend all their time proving they have no ideas as they endlessly defend Seditionists and Q-Kooks ... :rolleyes-41:

President Joe Biden’s coronavirus rescue plan, and two of its key economic provisions, have broad support as Democrats try to push it through Congress, a poll released Wednesday found.​
More than two-thirds, or 68%, of Americans support the $1.9 trillion package, the Quinnipiac University survey showed. Only 24% of respondents oppose the measure.​
The $1,400 direct payments in the plan, a key sticking point as lawmakers negotiate legislation, are more popular than the overall proposal. The poll found 78% of Americans support the stimulus checks, and 18% oppose them.​
61% approve of a $15 minimum wage​

And a 61% job approval rating? Unheard of - Donald never even topped 50% on anything other than Rasmussen.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Screenshot_2021-02-06 Venezuela Chavez rally - Google Search.png

Chavez 2004. Venezuela still leading economy in Latin America.

Screenshot_2021-02-06 venezuela today - Google Search.png

Venezuela today:

Screenshot_2021-02-06 venezuela today - Google Search(1).png

Saying such and such a politician, or a policy has great support by the public, doesn't mean the public isn't stupid, or the policies are good.

ch.gaschart

The average price under Obama wasn't due to Obama's policies you dolt! Oil and natural gas production boomed because of exploration on lands that Barry didn't control! On the lands that he DID control production went down!

Don’t get it do you? I do not have a daughter that is competing for a college scholarship but that’s not the point. The transgender Males are NOT equal to females and will always be the winners . Their XY chromosomes are competing against XX no matter what anybody says

SO what? It’s still not fair or reasonable. What if that were your daughter. Forget professional sports. Say your daughter was on the girls basketball team ( or any sport) Do you think it’s reasonable or FAIR that XY should compete against XX??

I know a lot of girls who can whip boys one on one. I started on basketball teams in high school and junior college. I'm 6'5" and I think probably better than average when compared to the guys I played. But after college I met a girl who kicked my butt at least half the time. She started at UCLA and she didn't have a dick - Trust me!

I know a lot of girls who can whip boys one on one. I started on basketball teams in high school and junior college. I'm 6'5" and I think probably better than average when compared to the guys I played. But after college I met a girl who kicked my butt at least half the time. She started at UCLA and she didn't have a dick - Trust me!
At 6'5" you SHOULD have been able to dunk on her at will...so how exactly was she kicking your butt?

Cool, so we agree that presidents have little to do with gas prices!

Prices climbed under Presidents Ford and Carter ($2.71), fell under Ronald Reagan ($2.49), rose under George H.W. Bush, then plunged under Bill Clinton ($1.70).​
In fact, Democrats have occupied the White House when gas prices were at their highest (Wilson) and their lowest (Clinton).​
Some analysts suggest that US economic performance is strongly influenced by whether energy costs are rising or falling. Falling gas prices help explain the rapid growth of the 1950s and '60s and the boom under Clinton.​
But it's equally true that world events, not presidents, have had the biggest impact on gas prices. Carter didn't cause the second Arab oil embargo, he scrambled to contain its effects. Clinton didn't cause Saudi Arabia to flood the market with oil in its attempt to regain discipline and control among OPECmembers, although he benefited from it.​

At 6'5" you SHOULD have been able to dunk on her at will...so how exactly was she kicking your butt?

She could out-quick me. ;)

No question that Donald's botched response with the COVIDS and endless conspiracy theories/ chaos were his downfall. The Grand Old Party? The Do Nothing Party (DNP) is a better name. They spend all their time proving they have no ideas as they endlessly defend Seditionists and Q-Kooks ... :rolleyes-41:

President Joe Biden’s coronavirus rescue plan, and two of its key economic provisions, have broad support as Democrats try to push it through Congress, a poll released Wednesday found.​
More than two-thirds, or 68%, of Americans support the $1.9 trillion package, the Quinnipiac University survey showed. Only 24% of respondents oppose the measure.​
The $1,400 direct payments in the plan, a key sticking point as lawmakers negotiate legislation, are more popular than the overall proposal. The poll found 78% of Americans support the stimulus checks, and 18% oppose them.​
61% approve of a $15 minimum wage​

And a 61% job approval rating? Unheard of - Donald never even topped 50% on anything other than Rasmussen.
The are trying? Don’t the have the majority? It should be easy, one would think. Sounds more like they are creating needless drama.

Chicken little bullshit we've seen before.

In 1976, when Richards entered her first professional tournament as a transgender athlete, 23 players withdrew. “It's damn unfair to a woman who has devoted her whole life to tennis to lose a spot in a draw to a man and to become involved in the ‘psychological effects’ of losing to someone with a transsexual background,” said a spokesman for the Women’s Tennis Association.
Women’s sports would soon be “taken over by a giant race of surgically created women,” declared an irate reader in The New York Times.
Forty-some years later, women’s tennis seems OK.
On Jan. 20, President Joe Biden signed an executive order which states, “Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports.” It sets no specific guidelines governing the participation of transgender athletes — it only calls for agencies to review their policies, and within 100 days, come up with a plan to ensure transgender youth do not face discrimination in any aspect of their educational experience. Along with Biden’s repeal of Trump’s ban on transgender military service, this executive order on non-discrimination in education will help build healthier and more lasting bonds between American institutions and its trans citizens, and all of us will benefit.
The conjuring of bogeymen has begun.
Girls’ sports will be “Finished. Done,” said a Canadian track-and-field coach quoted in a Wall Street Journal commentary. “Parents of teen girls are generally uninterested in watching their daughters demoralized by the blatant unfairness of a rigged competition,” the commentary continued. Female athletes, the argument goes, must be protected. From what or whom isn’t exactly clear, but it sounds a lot like the 1970s all over again.
In reality, 16 states already have trans-friendly policies governing sports, which differ in details but allow students to compete according to their gender identification in current school records and daily-life activities. So far, girls’ sports in those states seem OK.

She could out-quick me. ;)
I played college hockey. Had a lot of friends on the men's and women's basketball teams. I can't think of a single member of the men's team at UMass that wouldn't have destroyed the best player on the women's team. The level of basketball between the two was that marked.

Chicken little bullshit we've seen before.

In 1976, when Richards entered her first professional tournament as a transgender athlete, 23 players withdrew. “It's damn unfair to a woman who has devoted her whole life to tennis to lose a spot in a draw to a man and to become involved in the ‘psychological effects’ of losing to someone with a transsexual background,” said a spokesman for the Women’s Tennis Association.
Women’s sports would soon be “taken over by a giant race of surgically created women,” declared an irate reader in The New York Times.
Forty-some years later, women’s tennis seems OK.
On Jan. 20, President Joe Biden signed an executive order which states, “Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports.” It sets no specific guidelines governing the participation of transgender athletes — it only calls for agencies to review their policies, and within 100 days, come up with a plan to ensure transgender youth do not face discrimination in any aspect of their educational experience. Along with Biden’s repeal of Trump’s ban on transgender military service, this executive order on non-discrimination in education will help build healthier and more lasting bonds between American institutions and its trans citizens, and all of us will benefit.
The conjuring of bogeymen has begun.
Girls’ sports will be “Finished. Done,” said a Canadian track-and-field coach quoted in a Wall Street Journal commentary. “Parents of teen girls are generally uninterested in watching their daughters demoralized by the blatant unfairness of a rigged competition,” the commentary continued. Female athletes, the argument goes, must be protected. From what or whom isn’t exactly clear, but it sounds a lot like the 1970s all over again.
In reality, 16 states already have trans-friendly policies governing sports, which differ in details but allow students to compete according to their gender identification in current school records and daily-life activities. So far, girls’ sports in those states seem OK.
With all due respect...aren't there far more tran sexuals now than at the time of Renee Richards? How many Renee Richards are there going to be now?

I played college hockey. Had a lot of friends on the men's and women's basketball teams. I can't think of a single member of the men's team at UMass that wouldn't have destroyed the best player on the women's team. The level of basketball between the two was that marked.

That is probably true. But this gal started at guard for UCLA and ended up an All Conference player. No way I'd have been good enough to start on the men's team in ANY major four year college or university. I was a good high school player and good (not great) at a small junior college. So your analogy of "the best" mens and women's players at a school doesn't really work in this situation.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Saying such and such a politician, or a policy has great support by the public, doesn't mean the public isn't stupid, or the policies are good.

We agree on something! :D

aDoRjRK_460s.jpg
The difference of course, is that Trump didn't destroy the country. Biden likely will. He's already done damage to the country with the cancellation of the Keystone XL.

Forum List

Back