POLL: Will Obama Participate in Debates for the 2012 election

Will Obama Debate the Republican Canidate in 2012

• Yes

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
He;s so afraid of debate he voluntarily televised this Pr. Obama AM Summit (01) on Health Care - YouTube

and he was so afraid that he did this and let it be televised. "Republicans said they had some initial hesitation about televising the session; such gatherings by tradition are held in private by both parties. But GOP leaders had spent the past six months hectoring Obama for not living up to his C-SPAN pledge, and rejecting his request would have undercut their message."

He'll debate and lose. He can't defend failed policies, unemployment levels, state of the union.

he'll debate and whether he wins or not depends on who you put up and how well they do.

it's easy to defend yourself when you've spent three years dealing with the "i hope he fails", "don't give him anything" republicans.

and lets not forget that the GOP Houses has a 12% approval rating.

elections don't occur in a vacuum... you actually have to have a candidate. you think mitt will beat him when he says 'romneycare' was the blueprint for obamacare? you think cain beats him when 9 9 9 BS adds new taxes and he's a racist who knows nothing about foreign policy??

nothing is as simple as you might wish.

The title says it all.

Do you think Obama will participate in debates vs the republican canidate for the 2012 election?

Please vote and discuss

why wouldn't he?

you're getting really far afield....

Because he had a cow when an anchor had to explain to him the definition of the word tax.

Obama through a fit and said the anchor had resorted to trickery.

it would be really nice if you knew what you were talking about.

He'll debate and lose. He can't defend failed policies, unemployment levels, state of the union.

he'll debate and whether he wins or not depends on who you put up and how well they do.

it's easy to defend yourself when you've spent three years dealing with the "i hope he fails", "don't give him anything" republicans.

elections don't occur in a vacuum... you actually have to have a candidate. you think mitt will beat him when he says 'romneycare' was the blueprint for obamacare? you think cain beats him when 9 9 9 BS adds new taxes and he's a racist who knows nothing about foreign policy??

It won't be about perception this time. A few flubs in fluff will not outweigh substance this time. When times are great.....sure, but not this time. Yeah, I think Cain, Romney beat him easily, Bachmann.....no. I don't understand what she's saying.

It won't be about perception this time. A few flubs in fluff will not outweigh substance this time. When times are great.....sure, but not this time. Yeah, I think Cain, Romney beat him easily, Bachmann.....no. I don't understand what she's saying.

Actually, Obama's been creeping up in the polls since going out on the road. Romney's been bashing Obama for close to a year now..and his polling has remained stagnant.

Obama's not bashing anyone..really. He was basically hawking his job's plan.

And he made a dent.

Tells ya something.

why wouldn't he?

you're getting really far afield....

Because he had a cow when an anchor had to explain to him the definition of the word tax.

Obama through a fit and said the anchor had resorted to trickery.

it would be really nice if you knew what you were talking about.

Your denial doesnt change the facts.

Obama had a damn fit his fees were called taxes, It was over healthcare too.

Are you Ready to state with Obama there is not taxes in the health bill?

PLEASE................

Yes it would be nice if you had a damn clue.......................

The title says it all.

Do you think Obama will participate in debates vs the republican canidate for the 2012 election?

Please vote and discuss

Same type of questions were asked about Bush. Stupid then, stupid now.

You may think the question is stupid but it was posed on the radio the other day and seems to have been doing its job of promoting a discussion about debates :)

I kinda liked the "dinner table" setup last night, it would be cool to have Obama and biden along with the Republican canidate and their vp all at the same table like that debating stuff.

I actually made the thread because I want to see obama in debates this year and a lot of them so all americans have a clear picture of his vision in constrast with his competitor.

The end goal of it is to make sure there is pressure out there to motivate obama to do as many debates as possible by bringing attention to the issue that he appeard to want to avoid debates last time around if possible.

Except he didn't avoid debates last time.

he did avoid many town hall debates but did the major ones still. I would like to see him in front of more than just big corporate news media debates.

no. he didn't. he just didn't let them jerk him around. get a grip, man.

This is what I hope to see, FOX News will hold a debate, Rush,O'Reilly and Bret are the moderators, Obama doesn't show up, so in place of Obama they put a Teleprompter in front of his podium. and either Romney or Cain will answer all the questions.

Given the caliber of the Republican candidates, of course he would

Why pass up a chance for millions of Americans to see the stumbling rhetoric of the best candidate the GOP has to offer?

Um...have you not been paying attention to the off teleprompter stumbler-in-chief?

I saw him demolish the last GOP presidential candidate pretty handily. I also watched as he made fools of Republicans in the Healthcare summit

Your TelePrompTer nonsense is a myth

Um...I...er...I...um...see...well...um...I....

Fine. I'll let the class make up their own minds about Barry's prowess off prompter.

Um...have you not been paying attention to the off teleprompter stumbler-in-chief?

I saw him demolish the last GOP presidential candidate pretty handily. I also watched as he made fools of Republicans in the Healthcare summit

Your TelePrompTer nonsense is a myth

Um...I...er...I...um...see...well...um...I....

Fine. I'll let the class make up their own minds about Barry's prowess off prompter.

umm, er....Obama did a pretty good destroying Hillary and McCain in open debates and emabarassed the Republicans at the Healthcare summit

Um ...er.....Looking at the lackluster field of potential GOP candidates, none of them can compete with Obama in an open debate.

They better stick to Fox News

It's not so much debates when its a primary.....it's more-so a competition of pandering

Well, if he's going to suspend the elections, what is the point of having a debate, right?

There's not a chance of him debating. Unlike the clean and articulate 2008 Version, he's now got an indefensible track record of total failure. Besides, he already got us downgraded once and when he gives the go ahead for the world to stop taking US Dollars, the only time he'll appear publicly is to agitate the OWC crowd to violence

And he won't be debating the Republican nominee, Sarah Palin, right?

Well, clearly Palin will not be the nominee, so the country has a choice of whether to take the local (R) or Express (D) to "the formerly great USA" status.

You keep buying Obama futures.

There's not a chance of him debating. Unlike the clean and articulate 2008 Version, he's now got an indefensible track record of total failure. Besides, he already got us downgraded once and when he gives the go ahead for the world to stop taking US Dollars, the only time he'll appear publicly is to agitate the OWC crowd to violence

Well, clearly Palin will not be the nominee, so the country has a choice of whether to take the local (R) or Express (D) to "the formerly great USA" status.

Sorry Palin let you down..

Better luck next time. Maybe she will get another reality TV show or Hollywood Squares might be coming back

Better luck next time. Maybe she will get another reality TV show or Hollywood Squares might be coming back

She let the whole country down. We'll see how much fun you find the next year or so before Obama's done pulling he country down.

She let the whole country down. We'll see how much fun you find the next year or so before Obama's done pulling he country down.

I'm with you Frankie

I would have enjoyed seeing Palin up there debating Obama, ringing them bells and shooting those guns. You are slipping Frankie.....you haven't mentioned 57 states once

Last edited:

Forum List

Back