Poll: Who has enforcement authority of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution?

Who does the 14th specify as having the authority to enforce the 14th?

• Congress

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • The Maine SOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A civil court judge in Colorado.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Since you failed to back up all your lies in this post let me educate you.

Section 5 lists only on entity having enforcement
Power. Congress.

And that power is over the entire article, Moron.

Wrong.

It says Congress shall have power by appropriate legislation.

Tenth Amendment​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Are you lashing out at me personally because you feel intellectually inadequate to answer my question seriously?
I think you are being less than serious. To compare a person's participation in an undeclared insurrection to an age requirement would naturally prompt my response. The only intellectual inadequacy that was demonstrated was your own and your post is evidence.

I think you are being less than serious. To compare a person's participation in an undeclared insurrection to an age requirement would naturally prompt my response. The only intellectual inadequacy that was demonstrated was your own and your post is evidence.
The only thing I'm comparing between the two is that each are provisions in the constitution for qualifications to hold the Office. If States don't require an act of Congress to disqualify someone because of the age restriction why do they need an act of Congress to disqualify someone for any other disqualifying provision?

Taylor Swift is 34 years old
Can she run for president?

The only thing I'm comparing between the two is that each are provisions in the constitution for qualifications to hold the Office. If States don't require an act of Congress to disqualify someone because of the age restriction why do they need an act of Congress to disqualify someone for any other disqualifying provision?
Because---the constitution.

Only the parts in conflict with the 14th, pertaining to enforcement of the 14th.

Remember, it overrode the due process and compensation requirements of the 5th.

But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Because the constitution what? :dunno:
Look at your post #124. You asked the question, "If States don't require an act of Congress to disqualify someone because of the age restriction why do they need an act of Congress to disqualify someone for any other disqualifying provision?" My answer, the constitution. The constitution is very clear about age and it is easy to establish. An insurrection is a criminal act and according to the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments of the constitution a person accused of a crime is afforded DUE PROCESS. There has been no insurrection charged or recognized by any federal branch of the government (or anyone else for that matter.) CO supremes have not been assigned that duty in the constitution as the 14th amendment clearly states that enforcement is the purview of the US congress. The bottom line is there has been no insurrection so any penalties or ballot bans as the result of an insurrection (which clearly didn't happen) are moot. That is why in a 4 amendment nutshell of ---- the constitution.

Look at your post #124. You asked the question, "If States don't require an act of Congress to disqualify someone because of the age restriction why do they need an act of Congress to disqualify someone for any other disqualifying provision?" My answer, the constitution. The constitution is very clear about age and it is easy to establish.
The constitution is clear on insurrection after taking an oath of office to be a disqualify act at well. Are you arguing it's ambiguous?
An insurrection is a criminal act and according to the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments of the constitution a person accused of a crime is afforded DUE PROCESS. There has been no insurrection charged or recognized by any federal branch of the government (or anyone else for that matter.) CO supremes have not been assigned that duty in the constitution as the 14th amendment clearly states that enforcement is the purview of the US congress. The bottom line is there has been no insurrection so any penalties or ballot bans as the result of an insurrection (which clearly didn't happen) are moot. That is why in a 4 amendment nutshell of ---- the constitution.
Where does the 14th say anything about conviction for a crime? As for due process to determine if Trump is an insurrectionist and thus barred from the ballot, he got that. There was a trail with evidence and everything. It just wasn't a criminal trial because it wasn't a criminal case.

Last edited:
My answer, the constitution. The constitution is very clear about age and it is easy to establish. An insurrection is a criminal act and according to the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments of the constitution a person accused of a crime is afforded DUE PROCESS.
hqdefault.jpg

Miley Cyrus just turned 31 years old.
Is she eligible to run for president?
And who would have to take her off the ballot?

The constitution is clear on insurrection after taking an oath of office to be a disqualify act at well. Are you arguing it's ambiguous?

Where does the 14th say anything about conviction for a crime? As for due process to determine if Trump is an insurrectionist and thus barred from the ballot, he got that there was a trail with evidence and everything. It just wasn't a criminal trial because it wasn't a criminal case.
Insurrection is a crime. 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection In order to ascertain guilt in the commission a crime, due process is required under the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments. There has been no such determination that the crime of insurrection occurred let alone who committed it. I referenced the 14th to illustrate that enforcement is clearly the purview of the US congress--not the states. The democrat partisan theater is Nothing Burger.

Forum List

Back