POLL: Trump supporters: Should threats of domestic terrorism be taken seriously?

Should threats of domestic terrorism be taken seriously?

• 1. Yes, they really should.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • 2. No, this is silly. They should not.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

With DC security essentially at wartime levels, I'm definitely seeing mixed messages here, and I'd like some clarification.

On one hand, we've all seen thinly-veiled threats here and elsewhere from Trump supporters about upcoming violence, their guns & ammunition, "you haven't seen anything yet", "you asked for what's coming," and all that.

On the other hand, we've seen multiple threads here mocking the security reaction to the events of January 6 and online chatter, which has been substantial. As if any of us are wrong to concern ourselves with security at a Presidential Inauguration just days after an attack.

So tell me: Should threats of domestic terrorism be taken seriously, or should they not?

What do you mean, "upcoming violence"?

We have had violent mobs in the streets for years.
I realize many of you won't want to answer. That's okay.

I asked for clarification.

My position on the use of violence in politics is the same it has been for.... well, forever.

Your side is the one that is jumping back and forth, depending on who is committing the violence.

Since it's impossible separate the fantasy confederates from actual terrorists it's time to take it all seriously. Been laughing off their shit talk for years. Start policing your own and you people can go back to "joking" about your mass killing fantasies without being accused of being a real world criminal.

So....what I stated when I first responded...those were not attacks? Only if its done at the Capitol is when it matters to you?
Threats against TYRANY. Rules for thee but not for me syndrome. And who did the attacks? Don't bother to answer. You will just say TRUMP SUPPORTERS while ignoring the destruction, damage, deaths for the past year by your darlings.

So, is that a "yes"?
Can you not read? Nope. Guess not.

Pfffffffffft on you and your TDS.

There are threats against our government. After we just had an attack.
So....what I stated when I first responded...those were not attacks? Only if its done at the Capitol is when it matters to you?
This is a database of white supremacist involvement in BLM protests and in police departments. It shows this has happened nationwide. The facts again support what I have said.

www.politicalresearch.org/2020/06/19/mapping-paramilitary-and-far-right-threats-racial-justice

You want to point out a few instances and make claims but that database has at least 150 incidents by white supremacists and they name the group they belong to.

Then there is this:

White Vigilantes Have Always Had A Friend In Police

New data shows that far-right vigilantes, often with support from cops, have threatened protesters nearly 500 times since police killed George Floyd.

(THIS IS BASED ON DATA COLLECTED, not my opinion. These things are happening and they are happening a hell of a lot more than the bullshit you get told by reading that right wing racist garbage.}

White vigilantes and far-right actors have shown up to oppose Black Lives Matter protests in the U.S. at least 497 times this year, according to data collected by Alexander Reid Ross, a doctoral fellow at the Center for Analysis of the Radical Right. He started gathering data on May 27, two days after police in Minneapolis killed George Floyd,
and continued through this week.

(Read that, it says that far right whites have shown up at least 497 times at BLM protests)

The dataset, which Ross shared with HuffPost, documents a staggering amount of violence directed at protesters by the far-right, including 64 cases of simple assault, 38 incidents of vigilantes driving cars into demonstrators, and nine times shots were fired at protesters.

(Read that, it says that far right whites have committed 64 assaults and on 38 incidents of white racists driving cars into demonstrators at BLM protests)

All told, six protesters were hit by vigilante bullets in this summer’s violence. Three died from their wounds.

(Read that, it says that far right whites have killed 3 BLM protesterss)

Ross’ dataset also includes 387 incidents of intimidation, such as people using racist slurs, making threats and brandishing firearms.

(Read that, it says that far right whites have committed 387 acts of intimidation, including threats with firearms at BLM protests)

“There just isn’t really anything to compare it to,” Ross told HuffPost. “I’ve never seen anything like this in my life.”

The data — which Ross gathered from social media posts, news reports and the ACLED US Crisis Monitor with help from Political Research Associates and the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights — includes some harrowing tales of violence.

A U.S. Army sergeant, who had previously posted tweets about targeting Black Lives Matter activists, shot and killed a protester in Austin, Texas.

Black Lives Matter protesters marching through a rural part of Bedford County, Pennsylvania, say a white man opened fire on them at night, striking one protester in the face.

A man in Iowa City, Iowa, allegedly drove his car into a crowd of protesters and, according to a criminal complaint, later justified the attack by telling police the protesters needed “an attitude adjustment.”

The steady drumbeat of such stories this summer has coincided with story after story of cops and national guardsmen openly supporting or collaborating with fascists and white vigilantes.

Ross said his dataset includes about two dozen incidents of vigilantes receiving approval or support from law enforcement. A sheriff in Arizona, for example, announced he would form a “civilian posse” to help “suppress lawlessness” during a time of “widespread unrest.”

In California, a sheriff’s deputy was spotted wearing a “III Percenters” militia patch on his uniform while policing a protest. And in Portland, Oregon, cops let the neo-fascist gang the Proud Boys attack protesters in the streets.

Disturbing images also emerged of police cozying up to far-right activists: A cop in Georgia was photographed fist-bumping an armed militia member, and cops in Philadelphia posed for a friendly photo with vigilantes who roamed the city’s streets with baseball bats.
(Read that, it says police have acted in collusion with white supremacists.)

Still more stories emerged this summer of cops themselves relishing violence against protesters.

A police chief in Sioux Rapids, Iowa, was suspended for two weeks after writing a Facebook comment encouraging people to drive their cars through Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

“HIT THE GAS AND HANG ON FOR THE SPEED BUMPS,” he wrote.

And in Wilmington, North Carolina, three white police officers were fired after being caught on camera using racial slurs while discussing massacring Black protesters.

“We are just going to go out and start slaughtering them fucking N words,” one officer said.

“Wipe ’em off the fucking map,” the same officer said. “That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations.”
(Read that, it shows that police are supporting the white supremacists.)

A report published this week by former FBI agent Mike German, now a fellow at New York University’s Brennan Center for Justice, documented how police ties to “white supremacist groups or far-right militant activities” have been uncovered in over a dozen states since 2000.

Supreme Court of Nebraska.
STATE of Nebraska and the Nebraska State Patrol, Appellees, v. Robert HENDERSON and the State Law Enforcement Bargaining Council, Appellants.
No. S-07-010.
Decided: February 27, 2009

BACKGROUND

On November 1, 2005, an internal affairs investigator for the Nebraska State Patrol was informed that a member of the State Patrol might be participating in online discussions at a members-only Web site associated with the Ku Klux Klan.   An investigation was commenced which revealed that appellant Henderson had joined the Knights Party, a Ku Klux Klan-affiliated organization, and participated in online discussions in a Knights Party online discussion forum.

FindLaw's Supreme Court of Nebraska case and opinions.

KKK membership sinks 2 Florida cops
KKK membership sinks 2 Florida cops

Two Alabama Officers Put on Leave for Alleged Ties to 'Hate Group'

Hidden in Plain Sight: Racism, White Supremacy, and Far-Right Militancy in Law Enforcement

www.politicalresearch.org/2020/06/19/mapping-paramilitary-and-far-right-threats-racial-justice

With DC security essentially at wartime levels, I'm definitely seeing mixed messages here, and I'd like some clarification.

On one hand, we've all seen thinly-veiled threats here and elsewhere from Trump supporters about upcoming violence, their guns & ammunition, "you haven't seen anything yet", "you asked for what's coming," and all that.

On the other hand, we've seen multiple threads here mocking the security reaction to the events of January 6 and online chatter, which has been substantial. As if any of us are wrong to concern ourselves with security at a Presidential Inauguration just days after an attack.

So tell me: Should threats of domestic terrorism be taken seriously, or should they not?

What do you mean, "upcoming violence"?

We have had violent mobs in the streets for years.
I realize many of you won't want to answer. That's okay.

I asked for clarification.

My position on the use of violence in politics is the same it has been for.... well, forever.

Your side is the one that is jumping back and forth, depending on who is committing the violence.
It's early, so maybe I'm not awake yet. Let's keep this simple, for me:

Should threats of domestic terrorism be taken seriously?

Didnt get enough answers the first time ?
So that is a "yes"?
Maybe these threads will attract the answers you need to get this forum shut down.
Is that what you are hoping for ?

So that is a "yes"?
Maybe these threads will attract the answers you need to get this forum shut down.
Answering the question posed in the poll is not going to create a controversial moment.

My answer would be "yes, it does appear we need to take those threats seriously".

Nothing controversial about that.

Now, you try it.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Truth hurts you, doesn't it? And I am not trolling. I answered your question and you didn't like it. Tough. You asked, I answered. Deal with it.

So that is a "yes"?
Answering the question posed in the poll is not going to create a controversial moment.

My answer would be "yes, it does appear we need to take those threats seriously".

Now, you try it.
I made a mistake by not taking a screenshot and see you removed/edited your comments where you were asking about more bloodshed.
Good for you.
I hope you get the results you desire.

Truth hurts you, doesn't it? And I am not trolling. I answered your question and you didn't like it. Tough. You asked, I answered. Deal with it.
You gave me your reasons for supporting domestic terrorism. So all I can surmise is that you think we need to take the threats seriously.

Most people do. I don't know why this clear and direct question has made you so aggressive.

So that is a "yes"?

Now, you try it.
I made a mistake by not taking a screenshot and see you removed/edited your comments where you were asking about more bloodshed.
Good for you.
I hope you get the results you desire.
Huh? That isn't true.

Okay, now I know what you are. Got it.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You gave me your reasons for supporting domestic terrorism. So all I can surmise is that you think we need to take the threats seriously.

Most people do. I don't know why this clear and direct question has made you so aggressive.
Read your reply to me again. I SUPPORT domestic terrorism? Where did I say that? Like I said....you are a troll and only wants people to respond who think as you do.

Read your reply to me again. I SUPPORT domestic terrorism? Where did I say that? Like I said....you are a troll and only wants people to respond who think as you do.
So your answer is "no", then?

We shouldn't take these threats seriously?

Read post #13 again. Or did you run to the fridge for another hot pocket and miss it?

So your answer is "no", then?

We shouldn't take these threats seriously?
Domestic terrorism by ANYONE is subject to interpretation, and they ALL should be accountable. Now, if that does not sink into your empty head...nothing will.

I will respond to this thread for as long as I like, but you? Yer not worth it.

Since it's impossible separate the fantasy confederates from actual terrorists it's time to take it all seriously. Been laughing off their shit talk for years. Start policing your own and you people can go back to "joking" about your mass killing fantasies without being accused of being a real world criminal.

Really? You can't tell the difference between a real criminal and an innocent person so just punish them all?

And you accuse us of being fascist. Lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back