Poll suggests Obama is winning the tax debate over GOP

Looks like Republicans are losing ground on one of their main selling points. And it's no wonder given their complete opposition to raising taxes even by the smallest of margins on millionaires; and now this new fiasco of their own doing on the payroll tax cut.

Where would you draw the lines?

At what income level do you raise taxes, and how much do you raise them?

Oh, and one other teenie tiny little question.... after you raise their taxes, do you keep on spending like an idiot with 1/4 of a brain?

The 5 members of the walmart family control 65 billion dollars. Thats more wealth then some 95 million Americans control.

Where do you draw the line at income disparity?

Because when it reaches a tipping point..there will be no need to draw the line.

And I am not one for revolution..but that's what happens, historically, when these conditions are present. People do not quietly lie down and die.

Looks like Republicans are losing ground on one of their main selling points. And it's no wonder given their complete opposition to raising taxes even by the smallest of margins on millionaires; and now this new fiasco of their own doing on the payroll tax cut.

Oh, and one other teenie tiny little question.... after you raise their taxes, do you keep on spending like an idiot with 1/4 of a brain?

The 5 members of the walmart family control 65 billion dollars. Thats more wealth then some 95 million Americans control.

Because when it reaches a tipping point..there will be no need to draw the line.

And I am not one for revolution..but that's what happens, historically, when these conditions are present. People do not quietly lie down and die.

Execellent point.

Now how does putting SS in greater peril help us?

"Democrats" have been oppressing people since Thomas Jefferson er James Madison..

Really? Just who believes in a big, activist gubmint and is REALLY "oppressing" people?

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as abortion.

The GOP is involving itself in personal conversations between patients and doctors. If a patient doesn't want their doctor to ask about guns in the home they can simply not answer or change doctors.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as euthanaisia.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as recreational drug use.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as life and death decision like it did with Terri Schiavo's family.

The GOP is involving itself by trying to prevent gays from getting married.

I always get a big laugh when wingnuts say that the GOP is the party of freedom.

In other words, the GOP is for the Constitution, the rule of law and morality. Yup!

What the GOP seems to be for is their "version" of the Constitution, the rule of law and morality..that gets applied to others.

Of course...those things don't apply to them personally..unless they want them too.

What the DEMS seems to be for is their "version" of the Constitution, the rule of law and morality..that gets applied to others.

Of course...those things don't apply to them personally..unless they want them too.

Gun running, drug smuggling, murder.

Do go on..........................

And I say, raise taxes 15% on liberals. Class warfare is class warfare.

dayuuuummm I think you've found the answer.. don't you think you'd see a massive exit from the democrat party?? or would they stay and be patriotic? You should start a poll.

Another mass exodus to canada.

Lets get the ball rolling.:badgrin:

No I don't think there would be mass exodus, just a massive change in party affiliation. The rolls would probably be something like 54%- 60% GOP and 30% Democrat, but election results wouldn't change significantly. After all, 46% have no skin in the game. Now, ending Earned Income Tax Credit, and making all people pay taxes on the first dollar would change the way elections turn out.

dayuuuummm I think you've found the answer.. don't you think you'd see a massive exit from the democrat party?? or would they stay and be patriotic? You should start a poll.

Another mass exodus to canada.

Lets get the ball rolling.:badgrin:

No I don't think there would be mass exodus, just a massive change in party affiliation. The rolls would probably be something like 54%- 60% GOP and 30% Democrat, but election results wouldn't change significantly. After all, 46% have no skin in the game. Now, ending Earned Income Tax Credit, and making all people pay taxes on the first dollar would change the way elections turn out.

Youre right of course Ernie. I just like this........:poke: to get to this.......:eusa_boohoo:

These same clowns will be asking why they cant not draw SS in the same amount of others. This isnt enough to live on etc etc etc etc etc. Cant you hear it now?

President Obama has hoisted the GOP by their own petard. The assholes are all for tax reductions for the wealthy, but totally against the same kind of breaks for the working man or woman. This is being demostrated with this dustup.

Rationally, we should be giving no tax breaks. And, rationally, we should be repairing the obvious in our whole system.

First, we do not need to spend more than the next fourteen nations combined on defense. Cut it down to where we are only spending as much as the next seven. More than adaquete for defense.

Next, establish a Universal Health Care System. Fund it from an increase in everyone's income taxes. That removes MediCare and MediAid from the budget.

For Social Security, make the individual's contribution apply to all income. Period. SS is funded for the foreseable future.

Add another tier to the tax structure under Clinton, above 1 million income, and additional 5%.

Execellent point.

The tax break itself doesn't put SSI in the sort of "peril" that the GOP is trying to lead everyone to believe. And the Democrats have a method to pay for it..by attaching a small tax to those making over a million dollars.

I, personally, don't favor that. I would rather have audits of every major company that uses government services where the executive to employee compensation ratio exceeds 10:1. And part and parcel with that should be some methodology as to why the high compensation adds value to said company..and the economy in general. And I am kind of surprised why shareholders aren't calling for that.

I seem to remember you bragging about owning a fancy apartment in Manhattan. All I have is a small home in rural Alabama. I think you should sell your apartment and give me half the proceeds. See how that works?
The Walton (not walmart) family invested their money and created a business that employs over 2 million people. It is the largest private sector employer in the world. You were welcomed to invest your money when they went public in 1970, but I doubt that were you now a billionaire, you would be all for spreading your assets around, via the government.

Execellent point.

The tax break itself doesn't put SSI in the sort of "peril" that the GOP is trying to lead everyone to believe. And the Democrats have a method to pay for it..by attaching a small tax to those making over a million dollars.

I, personally, don't favor that. I would rather have audits of every major company that uses government services where the executive to employee compensation ratio exceeds 10:1. And part and parcel with that should be some methodology as to why the high compensation adds value to said company..and the economy in general. And I am kind of surprised why shareholders aren't calling for that.

Yes it does, dont lie dude.

SS doesnt have one red dime in the trust fund.

President Obama has hoisted the GOP by their own petard. The assholes are all for tax reductions for the wealthy, snip
Assholes?
The tax cuts are for EVERYONE! and you only want to end them for one segment; a clear minority who's votes you know you've lost anyway.
It take a huge set of balls to cal Conservatives assholes, asshole.

chart1_small-B.gif

chart3_small-B.gif

"Democrats" have been oppressing people since Thomas Jefferson er James Madison..

Really? Just who believes in a big, activist gubmint and is REALLY "oppressing" people?

The GOP is involving itself in personal conversations between patients and doctors. If a patient doesn't want their doctor to ask about guns in the home they can simply not answer or change doctors.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as recreational drug use.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as life and death decision like it did with Terri Schiavo's family.

I always get a big laugh when wingnuts say that the GOP is the party of freedom.

Sorry to explain to you that murder is wrong...

Using your own logic I should have the right to put YOU into a wood chipper...

Legally there is no difference, not to mention morally..

I'm intellectually superior to you - therefore I have the right to kill you, or maybe I just don't want you sucking tax dollars so I kill you..

But I suppose in progressiveland precedent is irrelevant.

In other words, the GOP is for the Constitution, the rule of law and morality. Yup!

You can take YOUR brand of morality and stick it up your ass.

Thanks for going on record that you support a big, activist gubmint that involves itself in the private decision of its citizens.

So the next time that the doctor calls your family together to tell you that there's no hope for Uncle Fred and that a decision must be made on whether or not to pull the plug you would rather the gubmint make that decision for you.

Got it. :up:

Bottom line? When it comes to abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage, etc. I will make my own decisions. I don't need fuckers like you trying to tell me how to live my life or trampling on my rights. I don't give two shits that you want big gubmint to make decisions for YOU, just leave me and mine alone. And anyone trying to stick his nose in my business (or get the gubmint to do so) better have a good pair of running shoes on because your ass will be handed to you if I catch you.

Execellent point.

The fact is it depletes the social security fund of 111 Billion dollars per year.

[/quote]

Oh, and one other teenie tiny little question.... after you raise their taxes, do you keep on spending like an idiot with 1/4 of a brain?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was out of vogue to blame Bush these days.

Execellent point.

The fact is it depletes the social security fund of 111 Billion dollars per year.

Which is why I personally oppose ANY kind of extension.

I seem to remember you bragging about owning a fancy apartment in Manhattan. All I have is a small home in rural Alabama. I think you should sell your apartment and give me half the proceeds. See how that works?
The Walton (not walmart) family invested their money and created a business that employs over 2 million people. It is the largest private sector employer in the world. You were welcomed to invest your money when they went public in 1970, but I doubt that were you now a billionaire, you would be all for spreading your assets around, via the government.

and that about sums it up right there folks.... great job Ernie :clap2:

Forum List

Back