POLL: Open the economy up and go back to work - Stay home and shutdown

Do you support reopening many US businesses 4/13/20, or prefer keeping the US shutdown longer

• Yes, Re-open the US economy such as small businesses to keep them from going bankrupt

Votes: 92 69.2%
  • No, do not open up small or big US businesses, COVID-19 is too dangerous to rush opening

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters
Everything is locked down here, anything functioning is either via drive up, take out or call in. Only the bigger supermarkets let public in, and those that do have 6' barriers at checkouts

I'm working out of an unmarked van, no company colors, with other trades that all have 1/2 an eye out for the sheriff who's throwing construction workers off jobs

It wouldn't be so bad, if we could collect, but the state turned their back on us, and the fed money CARES is hamstrung in state congress

So we have no choice , and that ultimatum is handed down by folks we pay to make choices, tell us 'we're all in this together' ,and collect their tax paid paychecks

And you want to equate this to the greatest generations war efforts?

boulderdash....poppycock ...and guffaw!!!!

~S~
Mn starts a stay at home order tonight. According to the executive order, construction and the trades are exempt. Curious to see if we have any issues mon.

Everything is locked down here, anything functioning is either via drive up, take out or call in. Only the bigger supermarkets let public in, and those that do have 6' barriers at checkouts

I'm working out of an unmarked van, no company colors, with other trades that all have 1/2 an eye out for the sheriff who's throwing construction workers off jobs

It wouldn't be so bad, if we could collect, but the state turned their back on us, and the fed money CARES is hamstrung in state congress

So we have no choice , and that ultimatum is handed down by folks we pay to make choices, tell us 'we're all in this together' ,and collect their tax paid paychecks

~S~
Mn starts a stay at home order tonight. According to the executive order, construction and the trades are exempt. Curious to see if we have any issues mon.
After our lockdown here, it was all about defining 'essentials'

many formerly non-essentials became essential in a weeks time

~S~

I'm seeing a lot of discussion but can't figure out who has the majority.

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.
Fvck capital.

Those at high risk should isolate, the rest of the country should get back to work. That's my opinion.
Typically stupid remark.

We're all at risk. And I have skin in the game. It was devastating to have to shut my business down but absolutely necessary. And if we go back to work to soon...the losses will have been in vain because it will come roaring back

~S~

~S~
What's your point? Are nail salons essential? Movies?Disneyworld?

~S~

~S~
My point is, the longer the lock down, the more things verbotten become 'essential' Lesh

~S~

~S~

~S~
toilet paper makers are essential.

Those at high risk should isolate, the rest of the country should get back to work. That's my opinion.
Typically stupid remark.

We're all at risk. And I have skin in the game. It was devastating to have to shut my business down but absolutely necessary. And if we go back to work to soon...the losses will have been in vain because it will come roaring back

Go hide under your bed covers snowflake.

.....4 of 5 cases have very mild symptoms--sometimes so mild they are NOT EVEN NOTICEABLE

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.

All of the lock down measures that I've seen, have not been effective, as near as I can tell.
The clear example of this, would be Italy, which is again as near as I can tell, has the most strict and harsh lock down measure of any country.

Yet virus infections are still rising.

So.... given there doesn't seem to be much value in lock down, then we are left with a pointless policy that damages the entire economy. Corona, no matter which way you look at it, will be short term. Damage to the economy will be long term.

Now I do understand the logic, of trying to flatten the curve, and prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. Again... not seeing that this is working.

As near as you can tell from what? Certainly not from any actual data.

Typically stupid remark.

you don't KNOW that is would come roaring back, but you WANT it to coming roaring back. why? because politics is more important to you than the survival of the country. Its very sad to listen to you libs today.

Typically stupid remark.

you don't KNOW that is would come roaring back, but you WANT it to coming roaring back. why? because politics is more important to you than the survival of the country. Its very sad to listen to you libs today.

We cannot allow people this disgusting to govern.

you don't KNOW that is would come roaring back, but you WANT it to coming roaring back. why?
The hell you say.

MY best interest would be for this to be over tomorrow and my business to open up again...but that's not going to happen nor should it.

Know why?

Because it's dangerous for my customers, my employees and society as a whole

And anyone who things that a pandemic wouldn't come roaring back if we don't deal with it effectively is just plain stupid

All of the lock down measures that I've seen, have not been effective, as near as I can tell.
The clear example of this, would be Italy, which is again as near as I can tell, has the most strict and harsh lock down measure of any country.

Yet virus infections are still rising.

So.... given there doesn't seem to be much value in lock down, then we are left with a pointless policy that damages the entire economy. Corona, no matter which way you look at it, will be short term. Damage to the economy will be long term.

Now I do understand the logic, of trying to flatten the curve, and prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. Again... not seeing that this is working.

As near as you can tell from what? Certainly not from any actual data.

of course social distancing works. It works to prevent flu, the common cold and every other communicable disease. There is no reason why we cannot open up and still social distance. Separate tables in restaurants by 6 feet or more. block every other bar stool, block every other airplane seat, and every other stadium seat. There is no reason to keep the country shut down until it collapses completely.

Typically stupid remark.

We cannot allow people this disgusting to govern.

agree, vote against every democrat in November.

of course social distancing works. It works to prevent flu, the common cold and every other communicable disease. There is no reason why we cannot open up and still social distance. Separate tables in restaurants by 6 feet or more. block every other bar stool, block every other airplane seat, and every other stadium seat. There is no reason to keep the country shut down until it collapses completely.
NY,NJ,and many other areas are doing far more than that and the virus is still spreading out of control

NY,NJ,and many other areas are doing far more than that and the virus is still spreading out of control

No its not. the curve is flattening, the vast majority who get it have little or no symptoms, the mortality rate is down to equal to the annual flu and more americans have died from the flu this year than from corona virus.

why have we never shut down the economy for the flu that kills tens of thousands of american EVERY year?

Forum List

Back