POLL: Open the economy up and go back to work - Stay home and shutdown

Do you support reopening many US businesses 4/13/20, or prefer keeping the US shutdown longer

• Yes, Re-open the US economy such as small businesses to keep them from going bankrupt

Votes: 92 69.2%
  • No, do not open up small or big US businesses, COVID-19 is too dangerous to rush opening

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters
If a doctor performed a CBC and concluded that the leukocytosis was caused by a viral infection those practitioners are guilty of malpractice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why?

Gee, I thought you were an expert?

Will a VIRAL infection cause Leukocytosis?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?.

Absolutely can.

What’s your point again? I provided sources confirming macrophages respond to viral pneumonia.

Are you really doubting that COVID is a virus?

I do not know what it is, neither do you nor the CDC

More EVIDENCE that COVID-19 is a weaponized or engineered organism:

Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 viral disease cannot just be killed by using disinfectants like Lysol, Clorox, and other brands-- according to the health agency. Apparently, the 99.9% kill virus rate that most disinfectants advertise no longer applies to fight against COVID-19.
That’s stupid. Yes, we know what it is. It’s a virus. It’s been sequenced. The protein structure has been analyzed.

Your article doesn’t say Lysol and Clorox doesn’t kill COVID-19, your article just says they can’t make that claim until they prove it in a lab, which they haven’t done.

Please try to read your articles more carefully.

T
Now, there is strong circumstantial evidence that coravid-19 is a weaponized or engineered organism.
No, there is not.

And you came to that conclusion HOW ?

But Why Are Antibiotics & Not Anti-Virals Quelling The COVID-19 Coronavirus? Is It Really A Virus?

Because every article claiming to have evidence that it was engineered is nonsense.

Azithromycin has well described anti-inflammatory properties.

It started in Wuhan where there is a semi secret chinese factory producing all kinds of viruses and toxic bacteria. they use animals like bats for the testing, chinese also eat bats and other weird animals.

So who can say that some worker did not steal an infected test animal and thereby release the virus. or maybe one of the bats escaped. OR, maybe the Chinese released it on purpose. They don't give a shit about their average citizens, they have too many of them already, so why not release it, kill some chinese and then kill some of their enemies in europe and america?

Can you prove that did not happen?

Analysis of its genome indicates that the protein structure that contributes to its increase virulence is unique, and not derived from any other known source. It is beyond our capabilities to custom design protein structure for a particular purpose (in this case to increase its virulence). An engineered virus would be a chimera, putting together known proteins for a designed purpose, which is not the case.

Furthermore, the other poster claimed there exists evidence to support this conclusion. None has been presented.
Analysis of its genome indicates that the protein structure that contributes to its increase virulence is unique, and not derived from any other known source.

LINK TO A REPUTABLE SOURCE

If a doctor performed a CBC and concluded that the leukocytosis was caused by a viral infection those practitioners are guilty of malpractice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why?

Absolutely can.

What’s your point again? I provided sources confirming macrophages respond to viral pneumonia.

Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 viral disease cannot just be killed by using disinfectants like Lysol, Clorox, and other brands-- according to the health agency. Apparently, the 99.9% kill virus rate that most disinfectants advertise no longer applies to fight against COVID-19.
That’s stupid. Yes, we know what it is. It’s a virus. It’s been sequenced. The protein structure has been analyzed.

Your article doesn’t say Lysol and Clorox doesn’t kill COVID-19, your article just says they can’t make that claim until they prove it in a lab, which they haven’t done.

Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 viral disease *****cannot just be killed******* by using disinfectants like Lysol, Clorox, and other brands-- according to the health agency. Apparently, the 99.9% kill virus rate that most disinfectants advertise no longer applies to fight against COVID-19.

If you identify your vernacular then I will translate them for you.

T
Now, there is strong circumstantial evidence that coravid-19 is a weaponized or engineered organism.
No, there is not.

And you came to that conclusion HOW ?

But Why Are Antibiotics & Not Anti-Virals Quelling The COVID-19 Coronavirus? Is It Really A Virus?

Because every article claiming to have evidence that it was engineered is nonsense.

Azithromycin has well described anti-inflammatory properties.

It started in Wuhan where there is a semi secret chinese factory producing all kinds of viruses and toxic bacteria. they use animals like bats for the testing, chinese also eat bats and other weird animals.

So who can say that some worker did not steal an infected test animal and thereby release the virus. or maybe one of the bats escaped. OR, maybe the Chinese released it on purpose. They don't give a shit about their average citizens, they have too many of them already, so why not release it, kill some chinese and then kill some of their enemies in europe and america?

Can you prove that did not happen?

Analysis of its genome indicates that the protein structure that contributes to its increase virulence is unique, and not derived from any other known source. It is beyond our capabilities to custom design protein structure for a particular purpose (in this case to increase its virulence). An engineered virus would be a chimera, putting together known proteins for a designed purpose, which is not the case.

Furthermore, the other poster claimed there exists evidence to support this conclusion. None has been presented.
Analysis of its genome indicates that the protein structure that contributes to its increase virulence is unique, and not derived from any other known source.

LINK TO A REPUTABLE SOURCE
What do you consider a reputable source?

Send the checks. If we need another round then send round 2.

And when the country goes bankrupt, and then there's no checks, or food, or anything.... will it be worth it?

Hard question...

The United States did not go bankrupt in World War II when all the non-essential business's closed down and everything was geared toward the war effort including sending 1/3 of labor force overseas to fight and blow stuff up. Its true that a year after the war ended, the national debt reached its highest level as a percentage of GDP at 121%, but that was the price that had to be paid for victory. The United States has done pretty good over the last 75 years.

The ignorant never cease to amaze

1- WE DID NOT HAVE TO ENTER WW2

2- WE WERE ALREADY BANKRUPT in 1935 , reason we went off the gold and silver standards

Why?

Absolutely can.

Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 viral disease *****cannot just be killed******* by using disinfectants like Lysol, Clorox, and other brands-- according to the health agency. Apparently, the 99.9% kill virus rate that most disinfectants advertise no longer applies to fight against COVID-19.

If you identify your vernacular then I will translate them for you.

Your website sucks. This is what they actually said about them:
“According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, "the disinfectants are thought to be effective against the novel coronavirus. But until tests confirm this, its ability to kill the novel coronavirus has not been scientifically proven."

I find it funny that you use the user name care 4 all, but ignore the FACT that one of the reasons that Italy had so many deaths from this was due to their socialized medicine plan (medicare for all) and its inability to deal with any kind of mass sickness.

That may be part of it, but a larger part is they have over 100,000 Chinese immigrants in the northern part of Italy, who have been going back and forth to China bringing back the disease without their knowledge. Many of those immigrants are from the Wuhan territory.

I'm seeing a lot of discussion but can't figure out who has the majority.

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.

All of the lock down measures that I've seen, have not been effective, as near as I can tell.
The clear example of this, would be Italy, which is again as near as I can tell, has the most strict and harsh lock down measure of any country.

Yet virus infections are still rising.

So.... given there doesn't seem to be much value in lock down, then we are left with a pointless policy that damages the entire economy. Corona, no matter which way you look at it, will be short term. Damage to the economy will be long term.

Now I do understand the logic, of trying to flatten the curve, and prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. Again... not seeing that this is working.

I tried to explain this to these guys before it all has to do with the natural logarithm of increase. Most socially transmitted diseases fall well within the realm of controllability by virtue of their contagion factor. But this thing is right off the charts. It really makes a person suspicious that it shows up with a two-week incubation period. Now consider the fact that the natural logarithm also has an inverse proportionality. Since 3 is a limit that it never reaches the fact that this thing has a contagion factor of more than that indicates that it's probably not controllable at all. Based on our ability to increase our treatment of it we find ourselves falling below the natural logarithm of increase. And we will never surpass that because nothing in nature ever has. Along comes covid-19 where the infected person most likely contacts hundreds of people before he knows he's even sick.
The mathematical indicators create an impossible scenario. even those places that are now boasting control and containment or complete elimination will eventually be ravaged. It's inescapable.

Jo

You can't be ravaged if your on lockdown. China has effectively controlled it. If there is a second wave after they reopen, they can lockdown again. As time goes by, we get closer to a vaccine. With a vaccine, everything changes.

Japan only has 1,500 cases. Its under control there. It could have been that way too for the United States, but Trump and the rest of the leadership failed to act in January and February.

I agree with one point....Vaccine yes.
Other than that I predict global exposure
Is inevitable.... It's not going away.

Jo

Exactly. That's the point. The problem with this logic, is that we are still operating under the impression that we can eliminate this.

Well... the Chinese haven't been able to eliminate the other Corona strains, and they were LESS contagious than this strain.

Again.... could be wrong. Could be wrong! I'll be the first to admit it!

But given that they can't eliminate the previous less dangerous strain, and this strain hasn't been contained...... anywhere.....

So if you can contain this thing, I see precious little evidence to support it.

Are the other corona strains causing the Chinese people and economy a problem? NO

China acted early and kicked this things ass. Because Trump acted late, were going to have far more deaths than China did. Lockdowns work, China proved it.

HUH?

Coronavirus devastates China's economy and the 'nightmare' is not over

Death is permanent; businesses evolve. We ordered out last night and picked up a wonderful meal from a 4.5 star restaurant which was fabulous. Many small restaurants are doing take out, they bring out the food to our car.

I noted the 3/4 of the voters want to open the doors to save our economy. It verified my belief that 3/4 of our members actually believe donald trump and believe this will not spread to impact millions of children and adults in all 50 states.

I don't listen to trump&co; I listened to the mayors and governors, the doctors and nurses, the first responders and to the anchors on local news.

Mortgage holders won't foreclose on any successful business, nor will suppliers who will need the businesses to open when it is deemed safe to do so, by WHO, the CDC and local leaders. Not when trump says it's safe, he is no authority on anything, let alone the health and well being of all Americans.

Most individuals exposed to coravid-19 developed immunity so what;'s with the "death is permanent BS?

I just cannot believe that the vast majority of the people who voted on this thread wanted the economy to open up again. Mankind will be wiped out because of stupidity.
This has been the rampant emotion over reasoning and fact that has been in place since Trump won.
Maybe all the baloney from Stormy thru the failed impeachment was a test to see how much slop Americans would slurp up and fall in line about
He was impeached.
And Mueller is still working

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. Testing will get us through this

know thy enemy

A vaccine will win the battle but we have to survive until then

testing is knowledge and knowledge is power
Not really.

The test will only show if you have Covid-19, but that doesn't really prove anything significant, it is worthless.

First, according to the CDC, I quote, verbatim, "The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease."

And second, we must address the "false positives" that the NIH tell us that the test gives.

According the the NIH, the test has a false positive rate of over 80%.

. . . . SO. . . . your statement? "testing is knowledge and knowledge is power," is, in the final analysis, mostly worthless, useless, and futile. The test serves as little more than a panacea for all panic. At this point, in most hospitals? Anyone who dies, if they have the Covid-19 antibody, no matter what they die of, they are chalking it up to the disease. . . THEY ARE LYING.

Contraction of 2019-nCoV may or may not be the cause of the disease. The CDC, the Chinese, and the World Health Organization, at this point, have no scientific studies proving these conclusions.

The mass media is gas-lighting everyone that the test tells them something, it doesn't. Nothing necessarily conclusive and useful at least. Some folks are asymptomatic and never come down with it, others, need chest x-rays and CATScans to find it instead.

If you follow the corporate propaganda, you don't have a clue what is going on.

"Results are for the identification of 2019-nCoV RNA. The 2019-nCoV RNA is generally detectable in upper and lower respiratory specimens during infection. Positive results are indicative of active infection with 2019-nCoV but do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.Negative results do not preclude 2019-nCoV infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or other patient management decisions. Negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information. Testing with the CDC 2019-nCoV Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel is intended for use by trained laboratory personnel who are proficient in performing real-time RT-PCR assays. The CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel is only for use under a Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization"

page. 45

If that is not enough comes a study published in the NIH indicating a false positive result in 80.3% of tests.

Capture-19.png

No its not. the curve is flattening,
WTF?

Pure bullshit

Do you just lie for the hell of it?

look at the CDC stats. turn off CNN, they are filling your little head with BS.
That's bullshit. If you have a link post it

Otherwise stop lying

From the article:
A recent CDC projection estimated that the U.S. coronavirus epidemic could infect between 160 million and 214 million people over a period of more than a year — and kill anywhere from 200,000 to 1.7 million people in the country.

So much for your claim that the worst case scenario isn’t worse than influenza.

you missed "in more than a year" compare that to 2 years of flu deaths. Those projections are not recent, they are several weeks old and the current ones are significantly lower.

I am not saying we should ignore it, just that the panic is unnecessary.
The USA is becoming the new epicenter. Look at what is happening in Europe and do not be stupid. Trump will not save you.

The US is becoming the epicenter WHY?

Is there a NEUTRAL entity confirming "cases" and deaths - someone who is not controlled by Big Pharma?

W
What are we going to do in 6 months when the next flu season starts, shut down again? We have swung from one extreme to the other. Those at high risk should isolate, the rest of the country should get back to work. That's my opinion.
We have flu vaccines.

Get one.
Yet despite those vaccines we still lose thousands every year and don't lose our shit over it.
The vaccines are no guarantee either as they are developed each year with the expected strains which are not always in line with actual strains that may spread in any particular year.
A clue.
Get one.
This is something new that there is no vaccine against. Do not let it reach Buffalo, Wyoming.
What is happening is probably nature doing a culling of the human race. We have overpopulated and are destroying the earth. Do not assist nature, it does not need our help.

there will be a vaccine for next year and there are already treatments that work. You may be right about nature culling the herd, It does happen every 100 years or so.

MAYBE there will be a vaccine by the FALL of next year. Won't happen prior.
Be careful.

Hey man, if we get a vaccine tomorrow I'll be the happiest dude on the board.
Fauci says 12-18 months.
When in doubt, go with Doc Fauci ;)

Really?

On March 11 Dr. Anthony Fauci famously told a congressional hearing that the COVID-19 virus was “ten times worse” than the seasonal flu. Then fifteen days later, on March 26, he co-authored an article that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine in which he wrote that the COVID-19 was “no worse” than a “very bad flu” but nothing like SARS or MERSA.

Having been involved in the academic publishing business for the past 41 years, I can say with some authority that the article published in the New England Journal of Medicine was almost certainly submitted to the journal months before March 11, probably many months. This fact suggests that Fauci knew on March 11 that he was misleading Congress — and the world — about the severity of the coronavirus.

Thinkers
Believe me when I tell you that this thing will Never be over with the Feelers.
Mueller isn’t finished, Trump really did not win and was impeached, illegals are noble contributors to America, sanctuary is good....all the suspension of reality issues we’ve been hounded with for last 4 years.
So don’t expect any clear cut ending to this, liberals have not and will not let go of their delusions-it’s all that has sustained them the last 4 years.

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.

We can not let this thing beat us...The economy needs to get going again with the understanding that people must pay attention to their surroundings, and practice good hygine...

The only way to beat this thing, they way it has been proven to be defeated, is through extreme lockdown and testing. Lockdown and Testing are the two pillars. Until the PATHOGEN is defeated, non-essential business is irrelevant. This is a national crises and sacrifices must be made to defeat the enemy.

We won't have a country left if we allow the economy to cease to exist....

non-essential business does not = U.S. Economy

Think World War II. How many non-essential business's continued after December 7, 1941 and how vital were they to the overall economy?

Why don't you tell me Edge? 1941 is NOT 2020

Its a different year, but that's where the differences end as far as what the government and country can and must do to fight this new ENEMY!

So what should the government be doing that it is not doing?

The government needs to maximize all efforts at TESTING, building medical supplies and capacity, and locking down or keeping locked down as much of the country as possible. These efforts must continue until the virus is contained or destroyed.

W
What are we going to do in 6 months when the next flu season starts, shut down again? We have swung from one extreme to the other. Those at high risk should isolate, the rest of the country should get back to work. That's my opinion.
We have flu vaccines.

Get one.
Yet despite those vaccines we still lose thousands every year and don't lose our shit over it.
The vaccines are no guarantee either as they are developed each year with the expected strains which are not always in line with actual strains that may spread in any particular year.
A clue.
Get one.
This is something new that there is no vaccine against. Do not let it reach Buffalo, Wyoming.
What is happening is probably nature doing a culling of the human race. We have overpopulated and are destroying the earth. Do not assist nature, it does not need our help.

there will be a vaccine for next year and there are already treatments that work. You may be right about nature culling the herd, It does happen every 100 years or so.

MAYBE there will be a vaccine by the FALL of next year. Won't happen prior.
Be careful.

Hey man, if we get a vaccine tomorrow I'll be the happiest dude on the board.
Fauci says 12-18 months.
When in doubt, go with Doc Fauci ;)

Really?

On March 11 Dr. Anthony Fauci famously told a congressional hearing that the COVID-19 virus was “ten times worse” than the seasonal flu. Then fifteen days later, on March 26, he co-authored an article that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine in which he wrote that the COVID-19 was “no worse” than a “very bad flu” but nothing like SARS or MERSA.

Having been involved in the academic publishing business for the past 41 years, I can say with some authority that the article published in the New England Journal of Medicine was almost certainly submitted to the journal months before March 11, probably many months. This fact suggests that Fauci knew on March 11 that he was misleading Congress — and the world — about the severity of the coronavirus.

Nonsense - Fauci and a whole lot of other respected Immunologists now know and have admitted that they were WRONG.

We can not let this thing beat us...The economy needs to get going again with the understanding that people must pay attention to their surroundings, and practice good hygine...

The only way to beat this thing, they way it has been proven to be defeated, is through extreme lockdown and testing. Lockdown and Testing are the two pillars. Until the PATHOGEN is defeated, non-essential business is irrelevant. This is a national crises and sacrifices must be made to defeat the enemy.

We won't have a country left if we allow the economy to cease to exist....

non-essential business does not = U.S. Economy

Think World War II. How many non-essential business's continued after December 7, 1941 and how vital were they to the overall economy?

Why don't you tell me Edge? 1941 is NOT 2020

Its a different year, but that's where the differences end as far as what the government and country can and must do to fight this new ENEMY!

So what should the government be doing that it is not doing?

The government needs to maximize all efforts at TESTING, building medical supplies and capacity, and locking down or keeping locked down as much of the country as possible. These efforts must continue until the virus is contained or destroyed.

May be so, but Congress is more interested in bio warfare :

Dr. Yoshihiro Kawaoka’s group at the University of Wisconsin has found a way to increase the toxicity of the flu virus by 200 times! Boyle says Kawaoka is “the same death scientist who resurrected the genocidal Spanish Flu virus for the Pentagon for offensive biowarfare purposes.”

As for fighting flu, the National Institutes of Health in 2006, a typical year, got only $120 million from Congress to fight flu, which kills an estimated 36,000 Americans annually. By contrast, Congress gave NIH $1.76 billion for “biodefense,” even though the anthrax outbreak in 2001 killed just five persons.

I just cannot believe that the vast majority of the people who voted on this thread wanted the economy to open up again. Mankind will be wiped out because of stupidity.
This has been the rampant emotion over reasoning and fact that has been in place since Trump won.
Maybe all the baloney from Stormy thru the failed impeachment was a test to see how much slop Americans would slurp up and fall in line about
He was impeached.

Wrong, he was acquitted of false charges. Acquitted forever. Pelosi lost another one.
No, he was impeached.

in a partisan vote in the house, the trial takes place in the senate and it resulted in an acquittal. Pencil neck and Toad boy made fools of themselves and lied to the american people. Its over, you lost. move on.
It still goes down in history as an impeachment. As it did with Clinton.

wrong, both were acquitted by the senate. that is equivalent to a not guilty verdict in any court. But since you brought it up, Clinton was found guilty of 7 crimes, Trump of zero.

But they were both impeached and acquitted on partisan lines, which shows one of the major problems with out system in DC
They were impeached.
Articles of impeachment were referred and voted down.
Let’s see you pretzel twist that into “no they were not”

Send the checks. If we need another round then send round 2.

And when the country goes bankrupt, and then there's no checks, or food, or anything.... will it be worth it?

Hard question...

The United States did not go bankrupt in World War II when all the non-essential business's closed down and everything was geared toward the war effort including sending 1/3 of labor force overseas to fight and blow stuff up. Its true that a year after the war ended, the national debt reached its highest level as a percentage of GDP at 121%, but that was the price that had to be paid for victory. The United States has done pretty good over the last 75 years.

The ignorant never cease to amaze

1- WE DID NOT HAVE TO ENTER WW2

2- WE WERE ALREADY BANKRUPT in 1935 , reason we went off the gold and silver standards

Sounds like Ron and Rand Paul family bullshit. In any event, totally irrelevant to what the United States is capable of doing now which is what this is about. World War II was sited as a measure of what is possible to do.

Much easier to keep the panic going and growing when no numbers on total tested versus total sick.

Forum List

Back