Poll: Many want to upend the entire system.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
First I will note that I will agree that polls are anything but accurate so I will not respond to that. I will note that I can't be the only one now that wants to burn it all down. While maybe not enough to do it, I have enough faith that the two main parties causing the problem will continue on this path and it's only a matter of time.

A majority of American voters across nearly all demographics and ideologies believe their system of government does not work, with 58 percent of those interviewed for a New York Times/Siena College poll saying that the world’s oldest independent constitutional democracy needs major reforms or a complete overhaul.

As Faith Flags in U.S. Government, Many Voters Want to Upend the System

What we need is a purge. Think what a nice place it would be with 66% less people.
We need some of those neutron bombs. The ones that vaporize the people and leave the real estate still usuable.

First I will note that I will agree that polls are anything but accurate so I will not respond to that. I will note that I can't be the only one now that wants to burn it all down. While maybe not enough to do it, I have enough faith that the two main parties causing the problem will continue on this path and it's only a matter of time.

A majority of American voters across nearly all demographics and ideologies believe their system of government does not work, with 58 percent of those interviewed for a New York Times/Siena College poll saying that the world’s oldest independent constitutional democracy needs major reforms or a complete overhaul.

you do realize burning it down doesnt fix anything since its not the system thats corrupt but the people in it,,
and its that way because people are lazy and wont hold the politicians accountable and then come out and say stupid shit like BURN IT ALL DOWN,,

There is a big difference between saying the 2 party system has failed and let's burn it all down. I agree the 2 party system has failed and only serves the career politicians and the fat cats who bribe them. But that is far different than saying "burn it all down".

There is a big difference between saying the 2 party system has failed and let's burn it all down. I agree the 2 party system has failed and only serves the career politicians and the fat cats who bribe them. But that is far different than saying "burn it all down".
funny thing is we dont have a two party system,, just that two parties have taken control and blocked anyone else from geting into any kind of power,,

blame it on the voters not the system,,

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
you do realize burning it down doesnt fix anything since its not the system thats corrupt but the people in it,,
and its that way because people are lazy and wont hold the politicians accountable and then come out and say stupid shit like BURN IT ALL DOWN,,

The few that want to burn it down will. We saw that already.

It doesn't seem so to me.

We need a reset to factory settings. Go back to the original Constitution with the Bill of Rights & then actually think things through this time.
That means the abolishment of almost every govt agency not involved in national defense, trade & crime between the states & foreign relations.
Mandatory & short term limits, maybe with an effective recall system, might eliminate the neo-feudal system we have morphed into with Lords above the law & peasants living on their scraps

We need a reset to factory settings. Go back to the original Constitution with the Bill of Rights & then actually think things through this time.
That means the abolishment of almost every govt agency not involved in national defense, trade & crime between the states & foreign relations.
Mandatory & short term limits, maybe with an effective recall system, might eliminate the neo-feudal system we have morphed into with Lords above the law & peasants living on their scraps

Our system to address crime is one of the things badly broke. Now maybe you werent suggesting not enacting a complete overhaul but I'm just noting.

"When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country,”
part of President Trump's instructions to the mob on Jan. 6, 2021.
CNN reports, "The House January 6 hearings have evolved from documenting a stain on history to a warning of a violent and tyrannical future that awaits if Donald Trump is allowed to again unleash America’s pent-up extremism.

"In the latest episode of its limited season television event, the House select committee on Tuesday traced Trump’s links to and inspiration for far right-wing groups that came to Washington to help his mob smash its way into Congress in early 2021. These were the forces that heeded the ex-President’s call to “fight like Hell” to thwart President Joe Biden’s election, including the Oath Keepers militia and the Proud Boys he once told to “stand back, and stand by” on national TV.

This continuing effort to undermine American institutions and the rule of law is showing that Trump’s threat to democracy didn’t end in 2021. Whatever impact the committee has on the ex-President’s future political prospects, and whether or not he ends up facing criminal charges, there’s a sense that while documenting Trump’s past transgressions, the committee is also racing to keep up with his new ones.

The public hearings are an effort to expose a seam of far right-wing extremism that exists below the surface of American political life
, CNN.

In the meantime, the forum's Republicans remain totally silent about all this. Congressional Republicans are the quietest bunch of lawmakers in American history, and, if they say anything at all, it is to complain about inflation. According to a recent poll, 49% of GOP voters favor Trump becoming the Presidential candidate in 2024. The Democrats are doing all they can to ensure Republicans win control of Congress in November.

There is something seriously wrong with America.

CNN reports, "The House January 6 hearings have evolved from documenting a stain on history to a warning of a violent and tyrannical future that awaits if Donald Trump is allowed to again unleash America’s pent-up extremism.

"In the latest episode of its limited season television event, the House select committee on Tuesday traced Trump’s links to and inspiration for far right-wing groups that came to Washington to help his mob smash its way into Congress in early 2021. These were the forces that heeded the ex-President’s call to “fight like Hell” to thwart President Joe Biden’s election, including the Oath Keepers militia and the Proud Boys he once told to “stand back, and stand by” on national TV.

This continuing effort to undermine American institutions and the rule of law is showing that Trump’s threat to democracy didn’t end in 2021. Whatever impact the committee has on the ex-President’s future political prospects, and whether or not he ends up facing criminal charges, there’s a sense that while documenting Trump’s past transgressions, the committee is also racing to keep up with his new ones.

The public hearings are an effort to expose a seam of far right-wing extremism that exists below the surface of American political life, CNN.

In the meantime, the forum's Republicans remain totally silent about all this. Congressional Republicans are the quietest bunch of lawmakers in American history, and, if they say anything at all, it is to complain about inflation. According to a recent poll, 49% of GOP voters favor Trump becoming the Presidential candidate in 2024. The Democrats are doing all they can to ensure Republicans win control of Congress in November.

There is. It's not just that either. We had protests over the killing of Eric Garner. We had Obama proclaim he and his justice department was going to take over the investigation. What did they do? Absolutely nothing. Not a thing. Handed it off to Trump. Where was the outroar over this?

My point is, if you think this is only a problem with Republicans (and maybe you don't) it is not.

Oh I hope so, I really do......crushing soy boys would be soooooo much fun

The public hearings are an effort to expose a seam of far right-wing extremism that exists below the surface of American political life, CNN.

Too bad it didn't work. What we have now is an unelected buffoon. It's not against the law to object to the results of an election, Hillary has been trying to do that ever since her loss in 2016.

Forum List

Back