Poll: Do you want you electricity rates to skyrocket?

Do you want your electricity rate to skyrocket?

• Total voters
Over the years I have occasionally done this same poll at USMB because I am curious about how people's opinions regarding the issue change over the years. So if you have heard this question before, it's not deja vu, it's because I probably asked the same question a few years ago.

The question is...

Who does?
I spent $$$ so mine is never $100.
Solar panels, already paid for themselves.
LED lighting already paid for themselves.
The window shakers paid for themselves, instead of central A/C.
All are saving me quite a bit each month.
I calculated about a month after they both paid for themselves, years ago, maybe $50 to $75 a month.
Could be more now.
But my power company's kw/h has been cheaper too.
Don't lie. You probably spent at least $30,000 for a solar system, and it still doesn't provide all your power.
Not even close, a little more than half that and no solar, doesn't provide all my power.
When I'm done adding to it, it may run about that amount, then I can sell the extra back to the energy company about 4-5 months out of the year.

I am solar powered with battery backup so my cost for electricity is $o.oo
Yeah, right. What about at night? What about when the sun doesn't come out?
All solar systems have batteries to store the energy, goes through an inverter/transformer changing the power from DC to AC , The same happens in wind turbines.

Stop listening to Trump, he's dumb as a stump.

Over the years I have occasionally done this same poll at USMB because I am curious about how people's opinions regarding the issue change over the years. So if you have heard this question before, it's not deja vu, it's because I probably asked the same question a few years ago.

The question is...

Who does?
I calculated about a month after they both paid for themselves, years ago, maybe $50 to $75 a month.
Could be more now.
Don't lie. You probably spent at least $30,000 for a solar system, and it still doesn't provide all your power.
Not even close, a little more than half that and no solar, doesn't provide all my power.
When I'm done adding to it, it may run about that amount, then I can sell the extra back to the energy company about 4-5 months out of the year.
It's not impossible that that's true, but most likely it isn't true, and nobody believes you, because you are such a compulsive liar that you have no credibility whatsoever in this forum.

The question is...

Electricity is tied to the futures market.
You are avoiding the question in the OP, brickie.

Do you want your electricity bill to skyrocket?

Why or why not?

Just be honest.

Wow! Asking it to be honest shut it the hell up!!!

Thanks for discovering a way to shut it up!!!
:yes_text12:

The question is...

Who does?
Could be more now.
It's not impossible that that's true, but most likely it isn't true, and nobody believes you, because you are such a compulsive liar that you have no credibility whatsoever in this forum.
Sure Trumper, like you do?
I could give a fuck, what YOU think.

It's essential that everyone's electric bills go stratospheric.

Only when you Democrat-voting assholes are extinct (frozen or cooked) and the few prudent prevail and save the planet.

"Prudent": A word sans meaning to liberals.

If in doubt see the names (below) of those who "disapprove" of their linguistic failings being made public.

Last edited:

Only when you Democrat-voting assholes are either extinct (frozen or cooked) and the few prudent prevail and save the planet.

It would be prudent of you to know what you speak of as electricity is not getting more expensive only the companies are making more money.

Only when you Democrat-voting assholes are either extinct (frozen or cooked) and the few prudent prevail and save the planet.

Sure, let the Republicans have the reigns.

February 20 2021
Texas’s wholesale power prices have increased to more than $9,000 per megawatt hour

As Texas continues to battle with the aftermath of the historic winter storm that collapsed the state’s power grid, some residents are receiving electric bills as high as $10,000, according to NBC News.

Jose Del Rio of Haltom City in the Dallas-Fort Worth area received a $630 electricity bill this month instead of the $125 to $150 bill he normally receives each month for his vacant two-bedroom home.

It would be prudent of you to know what you speak of as electricity is not getting more expensive only the companies are making more money.
I see you vote against your wallet and basic math and economics

The batteries for back up power are additional cost.
Yeah, they cost at least as much as the solar panels.
My entire backup cost $1,200. Installed
That's a lot of money in double D's battery's
You have no idea how or what solar is. The batteries are twelve volt just like a car battery except they are not lead and acid. The biggest cost is the inverter to change DC to AC in both directions.

You have no idea how or what solar is. The batteries are twelve volt just like a car battery except they are not lead and acid. The biggest cost is the inverter to change DC to AC in both directions.
Double D's battery's are not 12 volts
I don't? Funny I have a degree in climate change from dumb ass liberal university

Sure, let the Republicans have the reigns.

February 20 2021
Texas’s wholesale power prices have increased to more than $9,000 per megawatt hour

As Texas continues to battle with the aftermath of the historic winter storm that collapsed the state’s power grid, some residents are receiving electric bills as high as $10,000, according to NBC News.

Jose Del Rio of Haltom City in the Dallas-Fort Worth area received a $630 electricity bill this month instead of the $125 to $150 bill he normally receives each month for his vacant two-bedroom home.
Alas your continued mindless responses demonstrate that you are still using an electrically powered computer, contributing mightily to Global-What-The-Fuck and squandering your allowance on electric bills that are not yet nearly nigh enough.

Until you find a way to blog by semaphore you're part of the problem.

Double D's battery's are not 12 volts
I don't? Funny I have a degree in climate change from dumb ass liberal university
Well then tell me something about climate change. Don't say anything about the jet stream or any other atmospheric winds.

Forum List

Back