Poll: Do you want the Federal governemnt running all healthcare?

Do you want single payer healthcare run by the Federal government?

• No. I'd rather work and pay for my own healthcare

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Yes. I trust the government to provide world class healthcare to everyone

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
That’s a clear NO
More people consider it as more people can’t afford healthcare. With costs increasing it seems inevitable.
Stop giving it away for free to people that can work and the price goes down
Lots of people who work don’t get it or it’s really expensive.

Yes because of government interference, when I was making 12 an hour 20 years ago I had the best insurance plan for 30 bucks a week. Fast forward to today. It’s out of control. Thanks to the government

Wrong, the issue of healthcare in America is much too complicated to blame the government. For example, start here:

Medicare Fraud Reporting Center - Report Medicare Fraud Here - History of healthcare and the False Claims Act

Yes, a basic human right
"Right" as defined how?....Be specific.

Most nations with nowhere near our wealth have decided that decades ago. We are the wealthiest nation on earth and still use a putative healthcare system. You get sick, you will suffer not just physically but economically. .......your health is not my problem

Bandwagon and "grass is greener" fallacies....Not an argument.

If you have ever been really sick, you would realize how important healthcare is as a citizen
Appeal to emotion....Not an argument.

If we can afford to give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to our wealthiest citizens, we can afford to provide essential healthcare
Red herring....Not an argument.

Beside that, allowing someone to keep what they earned isn't "giving" them anything.
We are human beings
What made us the predominant creature on earh is our ability to form societies and be stronger as a society than we are as individuals

Great societies take care of their members. Allowing the sick to whither and die is not an act of a great society.

Yes, health care is a basic human right

Yes, a basic human right

Most nations with nowhere near our wealth have decided that decades ago. We are the wealthiest nation on earth and still use a putative healthcare system. You get sick, you will suffer not just physically but economically. .......your health is not my problem

If you have ever been really sick, you would realize how important healthcare is as a citizen

If we can afford to give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to our wealthiest citizens, we can afford to provide essential healthcare

Beside that, allowing someone to keep what they earned isn't "giving" them anything.
We are human beings
What made us the predominant creature on earh is our ability to form societies and be stronger as a society than we are as individuals

Great societies take care of their members. Allowing the sick to whither and die is not an act of a great society.

No kidding, with that logic sounds like there may be a number of animals that deserve health care too....dumbass.

Sure, one which will appeal to you: Soylent Green when someone cannot pay for the health care they need.

Clearly a final solution to health care in America which the callous conservatives will support, at least until they or a love one of their's is on their way to the slaughter house.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Just shut the fuck up, bitch

Why do some people get away with a post such as this? It is threatening, vile, vulgar and stupid - does it reflect well for the USMB?

I think our healthcare system needs an overhaul. Obamacare did huge damage to it. However, a government run system is not the answer. Universal healthcare will neither be affordable, nor sustainable in a country of 330 million and growing with ILLEGALS and people that don't pay into it every. We are not Canada, nor the UK. We are different, have different social pressures, and need a different, market based, competitive and efficient solution.
And yet nobody has a good solution.

I do. The solution is call lobbying what it is: Bribery; Make it illegal and punishable by heavy fines, removal from office, and prison time.

Lobbying isn't criminal, at least until a quid pro quo exists.

It always does. Derp!

That's not true Mary. If you believe it, you are more ignorant than even I believe you are.

That’s a clear NO
More people consider it as more people can’t afford healthcare. With costs increasing it seems inevitable.

Yes because of government interference, when I was making 12 an hour 20 years ago I had the best insurance plan for 30 bucks a week. Fast forward to today. It’s out of control. Thanks to the government

Wrong, the issue of healthcare in America is much too complicated to blame the government. For example, start here:

Medicare Fraud Reporting Center - Report Medicare Fraud Here - History of healthcare and the False Claims Act

Fuck you, you semi-eloquent anal wart. I've done extensive research into it, and government + insurance + Big Pharma lobbyists ARE the problem, you walking douchenozzle. The costs have been snowballing for 30+ years, so it's not going away overnight.

I don't believe it is only a choice between 100% gov't run healthcare and 0% gov't healthcare (I think the All-Payer model may be a better option). But if I had to choose one or the other I'll go with gov't. I've seen how healthcare in this country doesn't work, both before and after the ACA, whereas it works in other countries and the VA.

That's why Jagger had his work done in the US, amirite?

GTFO here with that commie garbage!

That's why all the Canucks wait unttil wintertime to get procedures done in America, right? Derp!
The Brits & Canucks have a two tiered healthcare system, basic care is provided free to all, but if you can pay you can upgrade/go elsewhere. Sounds like a good model to me. Ask them if they would prefer our current system to theirs.

Ummm...I lived in Canada for years. It is not a two-tiered healthcare system. Not even close.

It is single payer...pure and simple.

Canada’s Single-Payer Health Care System: A Cautionary Tale | National Review
A Canadian Doctor Explains How Her Country's Single-Payer Health Care System Works

Two-tier healthcare - Wikipedia

It is illegal to privately perform almost all for-profit medical procedures - except cosmetic - in Canada.

There are a couple of private healthcare facilities in Canada that cater to the very wealthy. Though they are technically illegal under the Canada Health Act. But since many of their patients are prominent politicians, no one prosecutes them.

Yes, a basic human right

We are human beings

No kidding, with that logic sounds like there may be a number of animals that deserve health care too....dumbass.

You're correct. In fact we support healthcare for your herd.

That’s a clear NO
Government keeps getting involved as it gets more expensive.
No if you have a candy store that opens next to yours and gives it away for free you need to jack the prices up on your candy to make money.

That’s a clear NO

Yes government can prevent fraud! Great but don’t be the insurer

No if you have a candy store that opens next to yours and gives it away for free you need to jack the prices up on your candy to make money.
Healthcare industry is making lots...

We are human beings

Vague bumper sticker platitudes aren't arguments either.

I don't believe it is only a choice between 100% gov't run healthcare and 0% gov't healthcare (I think the All-Payer model may be a better option). But if I had to choose one or the other I'll go with gov't. I've seen how healthcare in this country doesn't work, both before and after the ACA, whereas it works in other countries and the VA.

The VA's history of setbacks and missteps
The VA healthcare system has consistently out-performed the non-VA/private sector in quality of care and patient safety.

Healthcare industry is making lots...
As they should they employ a lot of people

That's why Jagger had his work done in the US, amirite?

GTFO here with that commie garbage!

That's why all the Canucks wait unttil wintertime to get procedures done in America, right? Derp!
The Brits & Canucks have a two tiered healthcare system, basic care is provided free to all, but if you can pay you can upgrade/go elsewhere. Sounds like a good model to me. Ask them if they would prefer our current system to theirs.

Ummm...I lived in Canada for years. It is not a two-tiered healthcare system. Not even close.

It is single payer...pure and simple.

Canada’s Single-Payer Health Care System: A Cautionary Tale | National Review
A Canadian Doctor Explains How Her Country's Single-Payer Health Care System Works

Two-tier healthcare - Wikipedia

It is illegal to privately perform almost all for-profit medical procedures - except cosmetic - in Canada.

There are a couple of private healthcare facilities in Canada that cater to the very wealthy. Though they are technically illegal under the Canada Health Act. But since many of their patients are prominent politicians, no one prosecutes them.
Until they shut the borders, you can pull a Jagger and come on down here, just bring your wallet.

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??
A truly ignorant and stupid thread.

Yes, a basic human right

We are human beings

You're correct. In fact we support healthcare for your herd.

That is good news, now I can quit work and you can support that part of my life.

employers have no business paying or being tax to pay for HC. It is an individual responsibility and this is why I support President Donald TREMENDOUS Trump
I’ve always not liked the idea your healthcare is tied to employer...
Sarcasm. Not how Trumpbots fall for Trump's lie on "I have a plan for a bigger better and cheaper plan than Obamacare"

It's like a fishing lure that works every time. LOL

The VA's history of setbacks and missteps
The VA healthcare system has consistently out-performed the non-VA/private sector in quality of care and patient safety.

The VA Scandal Refuses to End

That’s a clear NO

you have that backwards,,,it keeps getting more expensive because the government is involved,,,

just like with college tuition they know its a guaranteed check so they bump the price

Forum List

Back