Politics is the new religion.

To start a thread you are supposed to start with a statement or argument for presenting it. I will first note that I have been arguing for a long time that politics have become the religion of many. The no longer look to the Bible and what it teaches to take a position, they simply look at how something will forward their politics. That might even change in short periods of time.

I am NOT claiming this applies to one side. It applies to many on both sides. There are no principles. No crossing over when the other side supports something you would have once supported. Then again, both sides IMO support things alike that Jesus would have never supported. War, greed, etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/04/america-politics-religion/618072/
Leftism is the religion of the secularized world. It dominates the globe. There is no comparison.

Scattered in between are those who are religious and a few who are secular but are repulsed by Leftism in varying degrees. And there are those who cling to political personalities and other political parties more than they do their faith.

For example, Joe Biden is Catholic but ignores the faith he claims to cling to when it comes to things like abortion. Then you have Warnock who I think claims to be Baptists saying that abortion is "reproductive justice".

So long as Jesus bows to Marx, then the Christian faith will be allowed to continue, otherwise, it must be destroyed.

And those on the right had no problem with Trump's serial adultery, name calling, lying and taking the Lord's name in vain.

That's a good argument that politics is not a religion to the right. That they don't go to politicians for their morality

donald-trump.jpg

And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Well here is an interesting story about someone not having it.

One of the most prominent Southern Baptists in the country is leaving the denomination. Beth Moore, an author and speaker who teaches on biblical topics to arenas filled with evangelicals, cited the “staggering” disorientation of seeing denominational leaders support Donald J. Trump, among other issues.

Beth Moore, a Prominent Evangelical, Splits With Southern Baptists

For most of her career as a Bible teacher, Ms. Moore avoided the culture and political battles that consumed the attention of many prominent evangelical men. She wrote hugely popular study guides focused on particular books of the Bible, intended for use in church women’s groups. As a speaker, she is an “exegetical powerhouse,” Ms. Bowler said, mining biblical texts for lessons in purpose and encouragement. The biblical story of Mary, for example, becomes in Ms. Moore’s telling a contemporary reminder that “God reserves the right to favor the unfavored.”

But Ms. Moore has described the election of 2016, when the vast majority of white evangelicals voted for Mr. Trump, as a turning point for her. She began speaking out after the “Access Hollywood” tape, released just weeks before the election, captured Mr. Trump bragging about forcing himself on women.

Just caught this on Morning Joe. Beth has been sounding the alarm for quite some time.

The atlantic is a satanic rag produced in hell.

Mike Lee would concur! :lol:

“I think I disagree with every single word in H.R. 1, including the words ‘but,’ ‘and,’ and ‘the,’” Lee said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday when pressed for his thoughts For The People Act, also known as H.R.1.

“Everything about this bill is rotten to the core. This is a bill as if written in hell by the devil himself.”

The atlantic is a satanic rag produced in hell.

Mike Lee would concur! :lol:

“I think I disagree with every single word in H.R. 1, including the words ‘but,’ ‘and,’ and ‘the,’” Lee said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday when pressed for his thoughts For The People Act, also known as H.R.1.

“Everything about this bill is rotten to the core. This is a bill as if written in hell by the devil himself.”

Its not for the people nor are the authors of this horrid bill. Most can't discern, you included, lol.

Forum List

Back