Political question for Leftists. What do you not like about the Constitution?

I’m cool with it as written

After all, Liberals did write the Constituition
We all know you love your slaves and deny the women the right to vote
Do you know what a Liberal is compared to a political party?
Given your posts in this thread the more relevant question is : do you have any idea of what a liberal is ? because so far you've clearly demonstrated that you do NOT.

You appear to be one of those folks that just like to use the "liberal" moniker as a mask to hide your true ideology which appears to be a garden variety, partisan progressive, maybe you can fool yourself by doing so but you're not fooling anyone that has understands history and political science.

Why not just admit what you are? are you ashamed of your belief system or something?
OK....I’ll let JFK define it for you
It's not surprising that you would need to turn to some politician to define your own belief system for you, given that you clearly don't understand them yourself, not your fault though as clearly you're just one of the many victims of the ceaseless counter-factual propaganda that has inculcated the masses for decades.

Let me help you out; the History of Liberalism goes back thousands of years to Athens right up through modern day libertarianism, the core belief that power over oneself should be invested in the individual as opposed to central authority has always been a hallmark of liberalism, as opposed to that of your ilk that invariably attempts to invest ever more power in CENTRAL authority (in this case the Federal Government), which is the EXACT OPPOSITE of historical liberal ideals.

I believe that the goals of liberalism are noble and altruistic and thus place extremely high value on that moniker, those that follow your ideology have done nothing but cheapen and dirty the moniker, just as the alt-right populists, neo-cons and religious conservatives have hijacked, dirtied up and cheapened the conservative moniker.

It's amazing how the partisan propaganda machine has bamboozled so many to the point that they don't even understand their own belief systems, I feel sorry for you.

I do understand that your GOALS are noble, however your methods have much more in common with the authoritarians on the modern right than they do with those professed by actual LIBERALS who can trace the roots of their ideology all the way back the beginning of the empowerment of the individual and the disempowerment of dictators.

Two LIES in two sentences.

Nice.
The "liberals" who wrote the Constitution bear no relation whatsoever to today's crackpot prog neo-Marxists, and that mental case knows it.
They bear no relation to today’s Conservatives that pander to Corporate Greed at the expense of human rights.
That's what your ilk does, asshole. Who grants special privileges to Facebook, Google and twitter?

I want to see a "left winger" or a right winger who actually believes in the constitution, as written- and abide by it. I don't recall, in my time, nary an example of any even knowing what it is, never mind acting like it- left wingers and right wingers want it "interpreted" to suit their wants, needs and desires- that can be (and is by me) referred to as the edict of man, not the rule of law as we're supposed to operate under-

Let's look at one tiny example:

Why Is Paper Money Constitutional?

I'm pretty sure, "right wingers" have had ample opportunity to address that- yet, they worship it just as "left wingers" do and use it to serve their agenda, (rhetoric not withstanding), to fund their pet projects-
It isn't.

yet when the modern day liberals don’t like the Constitution, they remind US that the Constitution was written by “white males who were slave owners”.

It goes beyond that
The founders were agrarian and deeply dispersed in a country with few roads and no direct communications. They did the best they could in what was a borderline third world country.

To claim that we should allow them to define what a modern superpower with 330 million people is not too bright

Nice.
The "liberals" who wrote the Constitution bear no relation whatsoever to today's crackpot prog neo-Marxists, and that mental case knows it.
They bear no relation to today’s Conservatives that pander to Corporate Greed at the expense of human rights.
That's what your ilk does, asshole. Who grants special privileges to Facebook, Google and twitter?
?

Given your posts in this thread the more relevant question is : do you have any idea of what a liberal is ? because so far you've clearly demonstrated that you do NOT.

You appear to be one of those folks that just like to use the "liberal" moniker as a mask to hide your true ideology which appears to be a garden variety, partisan progressive, maybe you can fool yourself by doing so but you're not fooling anyone that has understands history and political science.

Why not just admit what you are? are you ashamed of your belief system or something?
It's not surprising that you would need to turn to some politician to define your own belief system for you, given that you clearly don't understand them yourself, not your fault though as clearly you're just one of the many victims of the ceaseless counter-factual propaganda that has inculcated the masses for decades.

Let me help you out; the History of Liberalism goes back thousands of years to Athens right up through modern day libertarianism, the core belief that power over oneself should be invested in the individual as opposed to central authority has always been a hallmark of liberalism, as opposed to that of your ilk that invariably attempts to invest ever more power in CENTRAL authority (in this case the Federal Government), which is the EXACT OPPOSITE of historical liberal ideals.

I believe that the goals of liberalism are noble and altruistic and thus place extremely high value on that moniker, those that follow your ideology have done nothing but cheapen and dirty the moniker, just as the alt-right populists, neo-cons and religious conservatives have hijacked, dirtied up and cheapened the conservative moniker.

It's amazing how the partisan propaganda machine has bamboozled so many to the point that they don't even understand their own belief systems, I feel sorry for you.

I do understand that your GOALS are noble, however your methods have much more in common with the authoritarians on the modern right than they do with those professed by actual LIBERALS who can trace the roots of their ideology all the way back the beginning of the empowerment of the individual and the disempowerment of dictators.
I will go with JFKs definition of liberalism

Talk me out of it

It seems most on the left want the Constitution radically changed.

What changes do you want to make to it that will result in the USA being a better place to live?
Question, how can you assert that "most" of the left want the Constitution radically changed, while not knowing what changes (if any) "most" of the left want to make to it? You're presuming an answer to your own question, which is a common tactic that people use when they're intentionally trying to be deceptive as well as provocative.

Why not just ask left wingers, do you want to see changes to the Constitution and if so , what changes and how do you think they would benefit the citizenry? Personally I don't think that most left wingers I've run across want to see changes to the Constitution, they seem more interested in activist INTERPRETATIONS (i.e. judicial activism) of the existing Constitution.

Just a thought.
Lefties hate the constitution and they want it destroyed or changed. The opening post simply asks what changes you want to see. How would YOU like to see it changed? Eliminate the 2nd amendment? A right to white conservative wealth? A right to free Healthcare? How would you change it?

yet when the modern day liberals don’t like the Constitution, they remind US that the Constitution was written by “white males who were slave owners”.

It goes beyond that
The founders were agrarian and deeply dispersed in a country with few roads and no direct communications. They did the best they could in what was a borderline third world country.

To claim that we should allow them to define what a modern superpower with 330 million people is not too bright
So do you agree with the Founders or not? You're taking both sides of the issue.

In short, you're a numskull.

Nice.
?

Talk me out of it
Democrats would call JFK a reationary today.

It goes beyond that

The truth comes out! All lefties hate the constitution, including you.

It goes beyond that

The truth comes out! All lefties hate the constitution, including you.
Especially her.

It goes beyond that

Exactly. Why the modern day liberals don't get that when judging the forefathers is unbelievable.

Nice.
?

Talk me out of it
LOL, you already made one appeal to authority and your second one only strengthens my argument and weakens what little there is of yours.

Care to make a third one or are you willing to admit to yourself that you MIGHT want to do a little more homework before continuing this discussion? In any case thanks for the replies they were "instructive".

What changes do you want to make to it that will result in the USA being a better place to live?
Question, how can you assert that "most" of the left want the Constitution radically changed, while not knowing what changes (if any) "most" of the left want to make to it? You're presuming an answer to your own question, which is a common tactic that people use when they're intentionally trying to be deceptive as well as provocative.

Why not just ask left wingers, do you want to see changes to the Constitution and if so , what changes and how do you think they would benefit the citizenry? Personally I don't think that most left wingers I've run across want to see changes to the Constitution, they seem more interested in activist INTERPRETATIONS (i.e. judicial activism) of the existing Constitution.

Just a thought.
Lefties hate the constitution and they want it destroyed or changed. The opening post simply asks what changes you want to see. How would YOU like to see it changed? Eliminate the 2nd amendment? A right to white conservative wealth? A right to free Healthcare? How would you change it?
We WROTE the Constitution
We love it

It s Conservatives conspiring to destroy our Democracy

Nice.
?

Talk me out of it
LOL, you already made one appeal to authority and your second one only strengthens my argument and weakens what little there is of yours.

Care to make a third one or are you willing to admit to yourself that you MIGHT want to do a little more homework before continuing this discussion? In any case thanks for the replies they were "instructive".
I agree with JFKs definition
It is as relevant today as it was 60 years ago

Talk me out of it

Nice.
?

Talk me out of it
Democrats would call JFK a reationary today.
I agree with everything JFK said

Why don’t you?

Just a thought.
We WROTE a the Constitution
We love it

LOL, there you go again, unfortunately the only thing your "we" has in common with the fellas that actually wrote the Constitution is that both of you had Human DNA and breathed air, beyond that, nothing, nadda, zip, zero, zilch.

Sorry to be the bearer of cold, hard reality but somebody had to do before you ended up hurting yourself with that complete warping of reality maneuver you've been attempting throughout this thread.

Just a thought.
We WROTE the Constitution
We love it

You aren't a liberal in the same sense as the Founding Fathers. You had nothing to do with it, and you generally oppose the Constitution whenever you post something pertinent to it.

/——/ Leftist want less control on government and more on citizens. Nothing more complicated than that.

Forum List

Back