Police State: Police Smell Meth, Raid Home, Kill 80-Year-Old Man...

Maybe libertarians are lacking in understanding of proper terms or maybe their anger keeps them ignorant. An example of a police state is when the president either hides or defends the murder of citizens during faulty federal police operations. .

MV5BMTgyODA4MjQ0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTkxMzQyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

They should have never been in the man's home. Even if he did have a weapon, there was no justification for them being in his home. A completely insane and unnecessary murder. These Officers should be held accountable. And i don't mean suspension with or without pay either. They should be arrested and prosecuted. Period, end of story.

Armed home invasion and murder one.

They should have never been in the man's home. Even if he did have a weapon, there was no justification for them being in his home. A completely insane and unnecessary murder. These Officers should be held accountable. And i don't mean suspension with or without pay either. They should be arrested and prosecuted. Period, end of story.

How shaky is that excuse anyway?

"We smelled something"

Give me a break.

For all we know they got a whiff of Ben Gay.

Or the meth one of them was carrying to plant on people.

Late one winter evening in 1952 I sat with my brother and his girlfriend at a window table in the rear of Frank's Luncheonette, at the corner of Union Street and Sixth Avenue, Brooklyn. A uniformed patrolman entered, walked straight to the back, stood looking through the window for a few minutes, turned and walked out without saying a word or looking at anyone.

About ten minutes later we left Frank's, walked around the corner and stood on the stoop of the small apartment house where the girl's family lived at #211 Sixth Avenue. A police car turned the corner, rode slowly past, stopped, and the same cop who was in Frank's got out, walked over to us and told us something was about to happen and we shouldn't hang around. So we went upstairs to the second floor apartment where the girl lived, told her mother what happened and went to the living room to peek through the blinds at the street.

A black 1950 Ford pulled up diagonally across the street, three men wearing suits and fedora hats got out and walked up the steps to #202. Two went inside and one remained on the stoop. After about a minute the same police radio car pulled up behind the Ford and stopped.

A few minutes later the two fedoras came out holding onto a handcuffed man in shirtsleeves. They got into the Ford and all drove away.

My brother's girlfriend said they knew the man whose name was Ernie and he was very nice. He used to pay some kids from the corner two bucks to wash his car. But as we learned later that day the man's name wasn't Ernie -- it was Willie Sutton, Public Enemy Number One and a notorious bank robber who was known to be armed with a Thompson submachine gun.

I've told this story to illustrate the point that it happened that way in 1952. Anyone care to guess how it would have gone down today? Today they send six SWAT cops with machine guns and a battering ram at 5AM on suspicion of marijuana violations -- or if if someone thinks he smells methamphetamine cooking.

The cops say "Oops," some boss cop says it was necessary and justified, it goes to civil court, a small settlement is paid, and it's forgotten -- time and time again. In fact these pre-dawn break-in raids are becoming quite routine.
s

police state! gestapo! facism! hitler! gas chambers!

I hope you're the first to get a boot on the back of your neck punk or maybe you wouldn't feel so flippant if some bald, militarized pigs busted down your door, capped your animals, put a gun to your kids head and trashed the place all because they were in the wrong house. Happens all the time. Show some respect.

I feel flippant because I'm a visionary, not a reactionary.

These news stories become big because of little bitches like you guys.

It will be handled at the local level, and it's not an "epidemic."

Understand numbers. Sensational media = / = nationwide pattern.

You're a GOOD little boot-licker, aren't you! How does that jackboot polish taste, bitch?

And of course they found no Meth. Shoot first, ask questions later. Guilty till proven innocent. What a fine country we're becoming ay?

The widow of an 80-year-old man who was shot dead by police during a drug raid on their home is suing for $50 million.

On the night of June 27th, Los Angeles County deputies raided the home of Eugene Mallory and Tonya Pate. Authorities claim they had probable cause to search the premises because they could smell chemicals used to make methamphetamine while standing outside the house. Police suspected Mallory of being involved in an illegal meth ring.

Mallory was asleep in bed when police entered his home. Pate said her husband has bad eyesight, and couldn’t tell that the men entering the house were police officers without his glasses.

What happened next is disputed by police and Pate. The deputies claim that Mallory pointed a gun at them, requiring them to take defensive measures. They shot him six times, and he died.

But Pate maintained that her husband did no such thing.

“He would never point a gun at officers,” she said. “He was taken from me for no reason.”

Pate is suing the sheriff’s office for $50 million. The coroner’s office is also named in the suit; the office released Mallory’s body to an out-of-state relative, and Pate claimed he was cremated before her own investigators could perform an autopsy.

Police found no meth, nor evidence of a meth operation, inside the house. They did find marijuana — in Pate’s son’s room.

The sheriff’s department insists that the marijuana vindicates the raid...

Read more: Police smell meth, raid home, kill 80-year-old, find no meth | The Daily Caller

Why is a tragic accident and possible negligence by Police a "police state"??

Do you know what a police state is?

And on a legal note, he was 80 years old -- $50 Million?? What are they smoking??

And it's always you conservatives who are in favor of limits on jury awarded damages. I don't believe there are any under Ca civil law, however.... I say again, $50 Million??? WTF??

Should be $50 TRILLION, and every cop involved should get a year in maximum security's general population.

Because he pulled a gun on the police.

Probably thought that it was a totally chill idea, too. RIP

Even George Burns could smell a cover-up here from his grave. The coroner's office, without notice, immediately released the db to a distant relative and NOT the SO!!! Shame!

Probably tough to hide that point-blank gunshot wound to the back of the head otherwise!

It said that you need to wash your grundle with a bucket of goo gone, ya old assed gremlin.

Why is there nothing in the story about a warrant. Smelling something might be probable cause for a warrant but not kicking in someone's door in the middle of the night. Even no knock warrants should be restrained to very special circumstances, police can safely secure most private residences and then just knock on the door. Very simple concept.

Michael Savage often tells his audience we are living in a police state and often gives accredited stories of horrific abuses by the police like this one:
America has become a nation of uniform-worshipping authoritarian personalities of both the dominant and submissive varieties. This circumstance is easily verified by simply attempting to make a list of every "cop" oriented movie and television show the reader can recall, because with very few exceptions this is virtually impossible to do.

The fact is it is very rare that one can thumb through the cable tv channels without coming across at least one or two authority-based dramas. Try it. And try to make a list of all the police-oriented movies and tv shows you can remember.

What this proves is the American pre-conscious is bombarded with authoritarian conditioning exercises, the inevitable outcome of which is the imbedded notion that police, in one form or another, are an integral part of a social orientation very few of us are even vaguely aware of.

Michael Savage often tells his audience we are living in a police state and often gives accredited stories of horrific abuses by the police like this one:
America has become a nation of uniform-worshipping authoritarian personalities of both the dominant and submissive varieties. This circumstance is easily verified by simply attempting to make a list of every "cop" oriented movie and television show the reader can recall, because with very few exceptions this is virtually impossible to do.

The fact is it is very rare that one can thumb through the cable tv channels without coming across at least one or two authority-based dramas. Try it. And try to make a list of all the police-oriented movies and tv shows you can remember.

What this proves is the American pre-conscious is bombarded with authoritarian conditioning exercises, the inevitable outcome of which is the imbedded notion that police, in one form or another, are an integral part of a social orientation very few of us are even vaguely aware of.

damn you guys really buy into sensationalism.

I leave my house every single day, most days several times.........and I could go 4-5 days without even seeing a cop.

lol bombarded:smiliehug:

They've been broken. It's a Stockholm Syndrome effect. The fear of Authority has now led to acceptance and worship. Hitler and the Nazis had the same effect on the German People. I don't know if anything can ever change. It looks like the American People have been broken, like a once free wild Stallion.

Forum List

Back