Police Reform and The Catholic Church

Yea a 1 year old black baby was killed yesterday in democrat run New York.. another one.. you all are the racist.. to be honest I don’t black but what you just said about to the two Latino officers ambushed and killed with families this weekend is disgusting.

I agree, it is. But you haven't posted a link to the story, so we don't know who did it or why... So I can't make a judgement.

So your blocked .. you are the 1st I blocked. Because what I say will get me banned here. Be lucky your not in front of me or any of the patriots on this board

Oh, sweetie, don't go away mad, just go away.

Well, that's a lie. Two were just killed in an ambush in TX. They were just responding to a family disturbance. Neither even had a chance to draw their weapons.

Again, neither you or Jitler have provided a link. When you do, I can comment on the story.

If it's the story I am thinking of, then it had nothing to do with Black Lives Matters. The suspect killed himself after the incident. An earlier arrest photo shows where someone beat him up (Gee, I wonder who)>

1594687640540.png

Most of the sexual abuse in the Catholic church was done by homosexual predators but it isn't being reported that way because Priests are legitimate targets while homosexual predators are generally protected. The left managed to bankrupt the Boy Scouts of America through law suits after the BSA won the right to discriminate against hiring overt homosexuals and now the ironic thing is that ambulance chasing law firms are trolling for victims of homosexual scout leaders as if the Boy Scouts were at fault.

Most of the sexual abuse in the Catholic church was done by homosexual predators but it isn't being reported that way because Priests are legitimate targets while homosexual predators are generally protected. The left managed to bankrupt the Boy Scouts of America through law suits after the BSA won the right to discriminate against hiring overt homosexuals and now the ironic thing is that ambulance chasing law firms are trolling for victims of homosexual scout leaders as if the Boy Scouts were at fault.

The Boy Scouts were at fault. It was up to them to properly screen the people they were putting in authority over kids.

Well, that's a lie. Two were just killed in an ambush in TX. They were just responding to a family disturbance. Neither even had a chance to draw their weapons.

Again, neither you or Jitler have provided a link. When you do, I can comment on the story.

If it's the story I am thinking of, then it had nothing to do with Black Lives Matters. The suspect killed himself after the incident. An earlier arrest photo shows where someone beat him up (Gee, I wonder who)>

View attachment 363058

If you chose to fight with the cops you're going to get dinged up, as it should be. The worthless POS should have just killed himself to start with, and spared the cops. But don't get me wrong, I do appreciate him saving the State millions in litigation fees before he got the needle.

If you chose to fight with the cops you're going to get dinged up, as it should be. The worthless POS should have just killed himself to start with, and spared the cops. But don't get me wrong, I do appreciate him saving the State millions in litigation fees before he got the needle.

I guess. I would have like to see the cops handle him more professionally. And maybe him not having access to a gun to start with. That would have been nice.

In these discussions of Police misconduct and reform and "don't you dare criticize our police" vs. "all cops are bad", we are losing sight of how we got here. Perhaps a parallel case can offer ways forward.

Let's start with this as a baseline. Most cops are good guys. Even the bad cops joined the police with mostly good intention. 99% of them are doing what they are supposed to be doing. And 1% of them are the ones who are abusing suspects or using excessive force in cases that don't call for it.

By comparison, most Catholic Priests were not engaging in sex abuse. yes, there were some documented 700 priests out off some 42,000 ordained who were engaged in sexual misconduct with children in the US.

The problem with both is not that the majority engaged or even condoned the behavior, but what they did in response to it.

The Catholic Church didn't expell the bad priests. They paid off the families to keep the abuse quiet and often moved the offending priest to another parish without warning them. They got everyone involved to sign NDA's. In short, it was the coverup that was the problem, not just the crime.

Much the same, our Police Departments don't expel the bad cops. You take the most high-profile cases of police misconduct, you find officers who had long records of abusing suspects or civilians, but the police departments did very little to get rid of them. Police Departments investigated themselves, and in 99% of cases, found they had committed no wrongdoing.

I do think the Catholics finally admitted they had a problem, and have done something about it. The police, not so much. Reform is needed.

The problem is, most of the claims the police are doing something wrong.... are police officers doing exactly what they are trained and taught to do.

Catholic priests are not taught to be pedophiles.

Police are taught, this is how you handle a violent criminal. They do exactly what they are taught, and then you want to throw them in prison.

Well that doesn't work. Which is why police are simply refusing to enforce the law, and hundreds on hundreds of people across the country are being murdered and raped.

You can't attack police for doing their job, and then act shocked when they stop doing their jobs, and people start dying in the streets.

So this isn't comparable.

I guess. I would have like to see the cops handle him more professionally. And maybe him not having access to a gun to start with. That would have been nice.

Everyone has access to guns. You can get a gun anywhere. The black market exists, and is wide spread. No amount of laws is going to change that.

That said, I'm tried of always focusing on what the police did or didn't do.

How about we focus on criminals. Because the police wouldn't be there, if there were no people committing crimes. How about we deal with that?

The problem is, most of the claims the police are doing something wrong.... are police officers doing exactly what they are trained and taught to do.

Police are taught, this is how you handle a violent criminal. They do exactly what they are taught, and then you want to throw them in prison.

Actually, I would argue the Catholic Church Policies attract pedo. "Help Wanted, must have no sexual interest in adult women, will spend lots of time with kids."

The police are not trained to abuse people who are unarmed, or do not pose a threat. But even if they are, it kind of doesn't matter. CONTEXT. The army taught me a bunch of ways to kill people, but if I killed a civilian or a captured POW, I'd be spending time in Levenworth.

Well that doesn't work. Which is why police are simply refusing to enforce the law, and hundreds on hundreds of people across the country are being murdered and raped.

You can't attack police for doing their job, and then act shocked when they stop doing their jobs, and people start dying in the streets.

Actually, I can and do. Cops don't really do anything to stop rapes and murders, we have the highest numbers of those in the Industrialized world. They aren't fucking Batman. Usually, they show up after the crime has happened and they might even do a competent investigation. or not.

The people that BLM are upset about aren't murderers or rapists - Laquan McDonald, George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Philandro Castille, etc. They were with either committing no crime at all, or they were committing a minor petty offense that simply wasn't worth the use of excessive force.

Everyone has access to guns. You can get a gun anywhere. The black market exists, and is wide spread. No amount of laws is going to change that.

Except every other industrialized country with common sense gun laws has done exactly that.

How about we focus on criminals. Because the police wouldn't be there, if there were no people committing crimes. How about we deal with that?

Okay, let's look at that. We lock up 2 million people and have another 7 million on probation and parole. We treat addiction as a criminal problem instead of a medical one. We make it far easier to get a gun than it is to get a job. And then you wonder why we have crime problems.

None of this excuses a cop who abuses a black person because he thinks he can get away with it, of course.

Perhaps you should be more concerned that criminals like this animal making better decisions. Criminals, in most cases, determine how they're treated by law enforcement. You haven't presented any evidence that he wasn't treated professionally.

In these discussions of Police misconduct and reform and "don't you dare criticize our police" vs. "all cops are bad", we are losing sight of how we got here. Perhaps a parallel case can offer ways forward.

Let's start with this as a baseline. Most cops are good guys. Even the bad cops joined the police with mostly good intention. 99% of them are doing what they are supposed to be doing. And 1% of them are the ones who are abusing suspects or using excessive force in cases that don't call for it.

By comparison, most Catholic Priests were not engaging in sex abuse. yes, there were some documented 700 priests out off some 42,000 ordained who were engaged in sexual misconduct with children in the US.

The problem with both is not that the majority engaged or even condoned the behavior, but what they did in response to it.

The Catholic Church didn't expell the bad priests. They paid off the families to keep the abuse quiet and often moved the offending priest to another parish without warning them. They got everyone involved to sign NDA's. In short, it was the coverup that was the problem, not just the crime.

Much the same, our Police Departments don't expel the bad cops. You take the most high-profile cases of police misconduct, you find officers who had long records of abusing suspects or civilians, but the police departments did very little to get rid of them. Police Departments investigated themselves, and in 99% of cases, found they had committed no wrongdoing.

I do think the Catholics finally admitted they had a problem, and have done something about it. The police, not so much. Reform is needed.

The unions fight like hell to keep bad cops. In Minnesota, all four of the cops in the Floyd case, the union petitioned for them all to get their jobs back. You want to end the problem, look at the unions and their fight to keep bad cops in uniform. Reform the police unions and let the actual Chiefs and administrators do their jobs.

Actually, I would argue the Catholic Church Policies attract pedo. "Help Wanted, must have no sexual interest in adult women, will spend lots of time with kids."

The police are not trained to abuse people who are unarmed, or do not pose a threat. But even if they are, it kind of doesn't matter. CONTEXT. The army taught me a bunch of ways to kill people, but if I killed a civilian or a captured POW, I'd be spending time in Levenworth.

Actually, I can and do. Cops don't really do anything to stop rapes and murders, we have the highest numbers of those in the Industrialized world. They aren't fucking Batman. Usually, they show up after the crime has happened and they might even do a competent investigation. or not.

The people that BLM are upset about aren't murderers or rapists - Laquan McDonald, George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Philandro Castille, etc. They were with either committing no crime at all, or they were committing a minor petty offense that simply wasn't worth the use of excessive force.

Except every other industrialized country with common sense gun laws has done exactly that.

Okay, let's look at that. We lock up 2 million people and have another 7 million on probation and parole. We treat addiction as a criminal problem instead of a medical one. We make it far easier to get a gun than it is to get a job. And then you wonder why we have crime problems.

None of this excuses a cop who abuses a black person because he thinks he can get away with it, of course.

Bland was belligerent and got herself arrested, then she committed suicide in jail. That's on her, she made those decisions.

The unions fight like hell to keep bad cops. In Minnesota, all four of the cops in the Floyd case, the union petitioned for them all to get their jobs back. You want to end the problem, look at the unions and their fight to keep bad cops in uniform. Reform the police unions and let the actual Chiefs and administrators do their jobs.

The same can be said for all public sector unions, they all fight to keep poor performers on the job.

The same can be said for all public sector unions, they all fight to keep poor performers on the job.

I agree, however the police unions are really troubling because of the power they have and the police's direct contract with the public in life and death matters. It creates chaos.

Perhaps you should be more concerned that criminals like this animal making better decisions. Criminals, in most cases, determine how they're treated by law enforcement. You haven't presented any evidence that he wasn't treated professionally.

You mean other than in his previous arrest photo, it's pretty clear the cops beat the shit out of him? No wonder he fought back this time.

I agree, however the police unions are really troubling because of the power they have and the police's direct contract with the public in life and death matters. It creates chaos.

The Unions are part of the problem.

So are prosecutors who refuse to go after Cops because they are part of the club.
So are politicians who try to sweep it under the rug.
So are the cops who participate in the cover up and call those who report wrongdoing "rats".

Actually the chaos is just starting, it happens when police are afraid to do their jobs. The vast majority of the folks they interact with aren't choir boys.

New Topics

Forum List

Back