Police Reform and The Catholic Church

I get it, Joey...you worship The State with religious fervor. Police are agents of The State. Therefore, you worship cops.

No, Ditchweed, I'm just not the deviant you are who fears cops.

Maybe I agreed with his point. Just agreeing with a person's point on one thing doesn't mean you are making them breakfast the next morning. Jeebus.

Honestly, you seem to align yourself with awful people.

So what you are saying is that 47,000 or 37,000 was a static count of priests at a given time, with more being added, and some being removed every given year.

Without going into all your babble here, buddy. you are missing the point.

The vast majority of Catholic Priests are not pedophiles.

The vast majority of cops are not abusive.

The problem with both professions was not that they were all bad apples, but the willingness of the good guys to look the other way. This is the point you didn't want to address, instead whining, "Joe's figures are a couple of years old!!!!"

I get it, Joey...you worship The State with religious fervor. Police are agents of The State. Therefore, you worship cops.

No, Ditchweed, I'm just not the deviant you are who fears cops.

Maybe I agreed with his point. Just agreeing with a person's point on one thing doesn't mean you are making them breakfast the next morning. Jeebus.

Honestly, you seem to align yourself with awful people.

So what you are saying is that 47,000 or 37,000 was a static count of priests at a given time, with more being added, and some being removed every given year.

Without going into all your babble here, buddy. you are missing the point.

The vast majority of Catholic Priests are not pedophiles.

The vast majority of cops are not abusive.

The problem with both professions was not that they were all bad apples, but the willingness of the good guys to look the other way. This is the point you didn't want to address, instead whining, "Joe's figures are a couple of years old!!!!"

It's not babble, it's holding you accountable for the numbers you use.

Actually, it is babble, because you missed the main point. How does a slight discrepency in numbers really undermine the point you are so desperately trying to avoid?

The problem wasn't all the priests were pedos, most of them aren't. The problem is the tolerance for them.

The problem with cops that most of them aren't racists, it's the tolerance for the ones who are.

Actually, it is babble, because you missed the main point. How does a slight discrepency in numbers really undermine the point you are so desperately trying to avoid?

The problem wasn't all the priests were pedos, most of them aren't. The problem is the tolerance for them.

The problem with cops that most of them aren't racists, it's the tolerance for the ones who are.

It's not a slight discrepancy. If the 700 number is over the course of decades, the number of priests during that period compared to a one year snapshot can be off by an order of magnitude.

It would make the problem look worse than it actually was.

Sorry if my desire for numerical accuracy gives you the vapors.

It's not a slight discrepancy.

Um, yeah, it is... and you miss the point, as usual. Let me know when you want to discuss the point.

The thing was, the problem is a bad one no matter what the numbers were. But since you don't want to discuss the problem, I can get that. Heaven forbid anyone actually criticize religion. That's part of their faith, and you are already on record that people are allowed to break laws if their superstitions demand it.

It's not a slight discrepancy.

Um, yeah, it is... and you miss the point, as usual. Let me know when you want to discuss the point.

The thing was, the problem is a bad one no matter what the numbers were. But since you don't want to discuss the problem, I can get that. Heaven forbid anyone actually criticize religion. That's part of their faith, and you are already on record that people are allowed to break laws if their superstitions demand it.

You used numbers, the numbers are wrong, and you won't admit it because you are a fucking hack.

Admit the numbers were wrong, and the point can be discussed. Numbers mean things.

Yet another instance where unions ultimately are not useful.

You used numbers, the numbers are wrong, and you won't admit it because you are a fucking hack.

Nope, my numbers were fine...

It's not just the unions that are the problem here.

Let's take the LaQuon McDonald Shooting.

The officer screwed up and panicked and shot him 16 times, even though he wasn't a threat.

Every other cop on the scene wrote a false report that he had lunged at the officer, and probably destroyed evidence.

The chain of command wrote it off as a justified shooting.

The Prosecutor dragged her feet on filing charges.

The Mayor tried to hush it up by paying off the family.

And, yes, the unions went balls to the wall for this guy.

The only reason why we know about it

In these discussions of Police misconduct and reform and "don't you dare criticize our police" vs. "all cops are bad", we are losing sight of how we got here. Perhaps a parallel case can offer ways forward.

Let's start with this as a baseline. Most cops are good guys. Even the bad cops joined the police with mostly good intention. 99% of them are doing what they are supposed to be doing. And 1% of them are the ones who are abusing suspects or using excessive force in cases that don't call for it.

By comparison, most Catholic Priests were not engaging in sex abuse. yes, there were some documented 700 priests out off some 42,000 ordained who were engaged in sexual misconduct with children in the US.

The problem with both is not that the majority engaged or even condoned the behavior, but what they did in response to it.

The Catholic Church didn't expell the bad priests. They paid off the families to keep the abuse quiet and often moved the offending priest to another parish without warning them. They got everyone involved to sign NDA's. In short, it was the coverup that was the problem, not just the crime.

Much the same, our Police Departments don't expel the bad cops. You take the most high-profile cases of police misconduct, you find officers who had long records of abusing suspects or civilians, but the police departments did very little to get rid of them. Police Departments investigated themselves, and in 99% of cases, found they had committed no wrongdoing.

I do think the Catholics finally admitted they had a problem, and have done something about it. The police, not so much. Reform is needed.

Comparing child molesters to cops is appalling.

True. Most cops are much worse.

No they're not.

Nope, my numbers were fine...

It's not just the unions that are the problem here.

Let's take the LaQuon McDonald Shooting.

The officer screwed up and panicked and shot him 16 times, even though he wasn't a threat.

Every other cop on the scene wrote a false report that he had lunged at the officer, and probably destroyed evidence.

The chain of command wrote it off as a justified shooting.

The Prosecutor dragged her feet on filing charges.

The Mayor tried to hush it up by paying off the family.

And, yes, the unions went balls to the wall for this guy.

The only reason why we know about it

Your numerator and denominator probably used two different time references. That isn't "fine"

In these discussions of Police misconduct and reform and "don't you dare criticize our police" vs. "all cops are bad", we are losing sight of how we got here. Perhaps a parallel case can offer ways forward.

Let's start with this as a baseline. Most cops are good guys. Even the bad cops joined the police with mostly good intention. 99% of them are doing what they are supposed to be doing. And 1% of them are the ones who are abusing suspects or using excessive force in cases that don't call for it.

By comparison, most Catholic Priests were not engaging in sex abuse. yes, there were some documented 700 priests out off some 42,000 ordained who were engaged in sexual misconduct with children in the US.

The problem with both is not that the majority engaged or even condoned the behavior, but what they did in response to it.

The Catholic Church didn't expell the bad priests. They paid off the families to keep the abuse quiet and often moved the offending priest to another parish without warning them. They got everyone involved to sign NDA's. In short, it was the coverup that was the problem, not just the crime.

Much the same, our Police Departments don't expel the bad cops. You take the most high-profile cases of police misconduct, you find officers who had long records of abusing suspects or civilians, but the police departments did very little to get rid of them. Police Departments investigated themselves, and in 99% of cases, found they had committed no wrongdoing.

I do think the Catholics finally admitted they had a problem, and have done something about it. The police, not so much. Reform is needed.

It's weird. It always comes down to sex and the Catholic Church with you. It's almost unhealthy. Congress has the same set up as the Catholic Church does going by your statement there. I do agree about the cops though. They do not get prosecuted for DUI, domestic violence, just about any crime a typical person would have their lives wrecked over they get away with. So yeah, hold cops to a higher standard. After all, are they not supposed to be symbols of leadership and discipline? Meh.

Are you on crack two here ambush yesterday, I just saw 15 videos of New York cops getting stopped yesterday.

I'm sure those people had a reason. Probably wasn't a good reason, but it was a reason.

It's weird. It always comes down to sex and the Catholic Church with you. It's almost unhealthy. Congress has the same set up as the Catholic Church does going by your statement there.

That's, um, bizarre. Congress didn't have a widespread abuse of children. Congress does a lot of effed up things, but that isn't one of them.

I do agree about the cops though. They do not get prosecuted for DUI, domestic violence, just about any crime a typical person would have their lives wrecked over they get away with. So yeah, hold cops to a higher standard. After all, are they not supposed to be symbols of leadership and discipline? Meh.

We aren't talking about that. We are talking about police brutality against civilians, particularly citizens of color. Do try to keep up.

I'm sure those people had a reason. Probably wasn't a good reason, but it was a reason.
Did you just say two cops responding to a domestic violence call who were ambushed and killed deserved it? Wow .. now I can understand why ppls family and children are tortured in a war. You deserve everything that’s coming to you

Did you just say two cops responding to a domestic violence call who were ambushed and killed deserved it? Wow .. now I can understand why ppls family and children are tortured in a war. You deserve everything that’s coming to you

No, I said they had a "reason". I don't know what that reason was, nor did I say it was a good one.

Since you don't post a link or any details, I don't know if it was a "good" reason or not.

No, I said they had a "reason". I don't know what that reason was, nor did I say it was a good one.

Since you don't post a link or any details, I don't know if it was a "good" reason or not.
Enjoy what’s coming your way.

Enjoy what’s coming your way.

I will. Once Trump and you assholes are out of the way, we can get to fixing racism and inequality and all the other problems.
Yea a 1 year old black baby was killed yesterday in democrat run New York.. another one.. you all are the racist.. to be honest I don’t black but what you just said about to the two Latino officers ambushed and killed with families this weekend is disgusting. When democrats have no value for life, there is only one option for you. So your blocked .. you are the 1st I blocked. Because what I say will get me banned here. Be lucky your not in front of me or any of the patriots on this board

Forum List

Back