Police dog trainer says it's OK to for officer to punch his dog.

OP
pknopp

pknopp

Gold Member
Reaction score
So many people "love" dogs, so few understand dogs. Dogs are canines who evolved in a clear social context and order. They help their group and work together. They have a clear leader. It is a must for their existence. If they do not see a clear 'alpha', they assume they might be and will act accordingly. It has to be quite well established who is in charge in a relationship with canines. If you are not the alpha, you're just another dog.
I have a dog. I have had no need to beat it.

Rigby5

Gold Member
Reaction score
So many people "love" dogs, so few understand dogs. Dogs are canines who evolved in a clear social context and order. They help their group and work together. They have a clear leader. It is a must for their existence. If they do not see a clear 'alpha', they assume they might be and will act accordingly. It has to be quite well established who is in charge in a relationship with canines. If you are not the alpha, you're just another dog.
No decent person would ever hit a dog.
You do not have to ever hit a dog.
That is not how you gain alpha respect.
The police want dogs to be aggressive, and that is illegal.
Dogs can only legally be used for tracking, and training or use for attacking is totally illegal.
Almost all police dog handlers are criminals and should be arrested.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
Dogs can only legally be used for tracking, and training or use for attacking is totally illegal.
"No decent person would ever hit a dog." A ridiculous position. Have you ever been attacked by a dog?

Rigby5

Gold Member
Reaction score
"No decent person would ever hit a dog." A ridiculous position. Have you ever been attacked by a dog?
Well of course I meant their own dog, a pet, that knew and trusted them.
A dog that is not your pet is a whole different story.

OP
pknopp

pknopp

Gold Member
Reaction score

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
any time you interact with a dog...one of you is being trained...make sure its the damn dog...there is an old saying with dog trainers...."make them see god' the attitude being one hard correction will override many minor corrections...i will not claim my pack is well trained...i have a much more lax attitude toward this mixed pack than i do with my dobermans...i simply refuse to start over with a doberman...i am too old and dont have the strength the solid 2 to 3 yrs of training take

Rigby5

Gold Member
Reaction score
any time you interact with a dog...one of you is being trained...make sure its the damn dog...there is an old saying with dog trainers...."make them see god' the attitude being one hard correction will override many minor corrections...i will not claim my pack is well trained...i have a much more lax attitude toward this mixed pack than i do with my dobermans...i simply refuse to start over with a doberman...i am too old and dont have the strength the solid 2 to 3 yrs of training take
If one has to use a dog as a weapon, then you have to over ride the normal functions of the dog and the human. But that is not normal or legal, and is an exception only allowed on war. It is not legal for police to use dogs to attack.
It is only legal to use them to track or sniff.

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
i beg to differ...you have to teach a dog to bite..and when to bite....my small terrier....e.t. is a nervous biter...kids give him anxs....loki is a defensive biter...he nailed my neighbor ...lucky for both it didnt go thru neighbors work pants...semba is a big baby...only time he has even spooked anyone...we were at an art show ...a lady in lawn chair was talking with her hand....semba just went under her hand....so she could pet him ...oddly enough he is the pack leader

OP
pknopp

pknopp

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here we go again.

A police officer in North Carolina seen on video lifting a K-9 by his leash and slamming him into a patrol car has resigned.

Salisbury Police Officer James Hampton tendered his resignation after the department recommended him for termination following an external investigation, police said in a news release Wednesday. Hampton was allowed to resign following a due process hearing, according to department policy.

Resign and get hired somewhere else.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article250336896.html

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List