Please Read and Opine

It claims that only whites had slaves for one. It completely lies about how the slaves got here for another and it completely lies when it claims the slaves built this country.

Red herring that diminishes the racist nature of slavery
Did blacks have white slaves?

Again, I never said they should, so why do you keep on claiming I am?

I am saying the truth should be taught and I knew about the death camps in sixth grade, and so on, so it can be taught and do I feel ashamed about my family history?

Hell no!

Did you know my actual Grandfather was a Nazi?

Seriously, and I was raised by my Belarusian Jewish Aunt who was my mother Half-Sister…

So imagine my childhood and I never knew about my Grandfather until I did my DNA test and found out…

Now am I ashamed I am the Grandson of a Nazi?

Nope, and will tell you anyone that tell me I should be can kiss my ass…

I will state again no one should be ashamed about the past but we should know the truth of it…
We aren’t discussing truth we are discussing Shame. So you agree that rightwinger is an idiot stating that all our kids should feel shame. Correct?

It is amazing how all sides can be stubborn on teaching our youth…

All Humans are racist and bigoted…

All Humans have mental issues…

All humans have flaws…

Now if any disagree with any of what I just wrote shouldn’t be discussing teaching history or teaching at all because we are ignoring human nature.

Now onto History and the reality of it and many want it taught to their way of thinking and I am no different believe me.

Now I will agree with the OP K-5 shouldn’t be taught the raw ugly truth about History but starting in the sixth grade I see no harm starting to open the mind up so by High School they are ready for the University Prep-Courses.

What I always object to is the whitewashing of History by any side and we must be honest and being honest does not mean being ashamed but it mean being truthful.

If you are ashamed of the past of the Nation you reside in then that is you issue and not mine but to tell White Kids “ well you should be ashamed of being white “ is wrong and you are being just like the racist bigots of the past.

Does America have a dirty history?

Oh hell yes, but now let the left tell me of any Country that does not and I will laugh at them!

Hell, the left seem to believe slavery has ended when in fact it thrives strong today as it did when Blacks and others were enslaved, so let not kid ourselves we repeat History every second of the day and never learn from it and it is not just a White issue either…

It is amazing how all sides can be stubborn on teaching our youth…

All Humans are racist and bigoted…

All Humans have mental issues…

All humans have flaws…

Now if any disagree with any of what I just wrote shouldn’t be discussing teaching history or teaching at all because we are ignoring human nature.

Now onto History and the reality of it and many want it taught to their way of thinking and I am no different believe me.

Now I will agree with the OP K-5 shouldn’t be taught the raw ugly truth about History but starting in the sixth grade I see no harm starting to open the mind up so by High School they are ready for the University Prep-Courses.

What I always object to is the whitewashing of History by any side and we must be honest and being honest does not mean being ashamed but it mean being truthful.

If you are ashamed of the past of the Nation you reside in then that is you issue and not mine but to tell White Kids “ well you should be ashamed of being white “ is wrong and you are being just like the racist bigots of the past.

Does America have a dirty history?

Oh hell yes, but now let the left tell me of any Country that does not and I will laugh at them!

Hell, the left seem to believe slavery has ended when in fact it thrives strong today as it did when Blacks and others were enslaved, so let not kid ourselves we repeat History every second of the day and never learn from it and it is not just a White issue either…
The end justify the means, who cares blacks were slaves, women were barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, we killed a lot of injuns and only had 13 channels to choose from on television back in the 1970s ...

Did anyone guess who the secret racist is since the thread is really a call-out thread for trollish trolls to troll...

Atrocities have been committed for a very long time and that includes slavery. IMHO, as a society we ought to acknowledge and regret past mistakes and try to avoid repeating them. But that does not mean we should feel shame for events that occurred in another time by other people however grievous they might be. As individuals we should feel shame for that which we have done that was wrong and hurtful and make restitution if possible. If we were part of a group that did something that was wrong and hurtful then I can see where we as individuals should be shame for taking part in that event, BUT as a nation where we were not personally involved is another story. IMHO, anyone should feel shame for taking part in a riot where people were injured and the law was broken, but if you weren't there and took no part in it then I don't think you should feel shame even if you identify with that group. Similarly, no one alive today should feel shame for what happened to the native Americans or those who were enslaved. We should recognize what happened and regret those wrongs but there is no shame in it for those of us who were not alive at the time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back