Please Read and Opine

We should discuss the history in its entirety in High School not in elementary school or middle school. In those years the discussions should be positive and not divisive. Yeah. That’s what I think. We have plenty of movies that kids may watch on their mobile devices regarding all the conflicts. Even dramas like Django Unchained teaches one a lot. rightwinger is a moron. Why should kids be ashamed of anything?
I never said they should have and never believe anyone in today time should feel ashamed and as for rightwinger and his or her opinion, well it is like my ass and I have one but no one want to hear it or see it…

Look, I believe in the truth and the brutal truth and not whitewashing it either.

Middle School the kids can handle it better than grade school, so I will agree it shouldn’t be as in-depth but by middle school it should start going deeper.

Sad part is many kids have no idea how elections are done and when I was a kid we would hold Presidential Elections in class, study the electoral college and the Constitution and that was middle school for us.

Today kids wouldn’t be able to tell you who Bell, Edison, or Tesla was and say Tesla and they will think of Elon Musk…

Many kids have no idea how the Military and NASA had so much influence in our technology today.

They wouldn’t be able all Fifty States nor tell you what truly caused the North and South War and why?

People on all sides want to tell the history in their own way when we should just tell the damn truth.

History is not pretty and I remember the movie Braveheart and the opening where I believe it was said History is written by the winners but today we tell the real story, which mean what we assume to be factual at times is a lie or a story not told fully.

Take slavery and do you think for one damn moment the left will allow the teachings that Native Americans were also enslaved or Blacks also owned Slaves?

Of course not because to do so then it hurt their narrative that White Society is the cause of all that is evil in the World…

I believe in the truth and believe we should never hide from it no matter how bad it make us look.

What FDR did to Japanese-Americans should be taught along with what Andrew Jackson did but we should also discuss the reality of Lincoln and how he never was out to end Slavery in the South but did it to punish the South for it insurrection after the North winning the War and barely winning it also…

Many today view Lee as a traitor while never knowing the man fought against Lincoln Union Soldiers because he in his mind believe States should decide to end slavery and not the Federal Government.

Many idiots on this forum couldn’t even tell you what the Confederate Flag look like and mistake Lee Battle Flag as the Confederate Flag.

Details are truly important when teaching history and maybe I had some great teachers in my youth but today kids are lacking and again who give a damn what someone like rightwinger thinks because their opinion is to annoy you, boy has he or she…

So as you finish this long winded rant of mine know for me History is not black and white and even discussing Hitler we must also discuss the reality his scientists gave the World many breakthroughs, or how the Soviets were the reason for our race to space because even when discussing the monsters of the past we must also embrace what they caused that was positive…

Well now it is your turn to scream “ I disagree with you moron “ while I just sit here in my bed wondering if Covid is going to kill my grumpy ass…

If you want to troll go elsewhere, prancing Nancy boy. No one cares that you’re gay. Live with it. It’s the 21st century. There isn’t anything wrong with that.
You trigger so easily, that's why you started this whinefest thread. Triggered by actual history. People like you cannot understand that life is many shades of gray, instead of black and white.

Why should kids be ashamed of anything?

A nation built on “All men are created equal” cannot brush aside how we have treated blacks, Native Americans, Chinese, Mexicans, women and gays.
Kids need the proper perspective of our history not the version sugar coated by Conservatives

A nation built on “All men are created equal” cannot brush aside how we have treated blacks, Native Americans, Chinese, Mexicans, women and gays.
Kids need the proper perspective of our history not the version sugar coated by Conservatives
All true, but for some people, they feel threatened by the truth. Any guesses on who those types of people voted for last year?

Mad_Jack_Flint My kids are Jewish obviously and they know about the Holocaust but are much too young to go in depth. I will not even let them watch Schindler’s List til they are in HS. So why should kids who had zero to do with Americas racist past feel shame? Should German kids feel shame? Or Japanese kids? That doesn’t make any sense.

You trigger so easily, that's why you started this whinefest thread. Triggered by actual history. People like you cannot understand that life is many shades of gray, instead of black and white.
My point is that kids should not be ashamed of anything. They are kids, prancing Nancy boy. Keep up.

Why should they be ashamed? What did they do to feel ashamed? Should German kids be ashamed? Should Chinese kids be ashamed? Japanese kids? British kids?

All true, but for some people, they feel threatened by the truth. Any guesses on who those types of people voted for last year?
“Truth” says the gay guy who lashes out because he is gay. No one cares. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Relax. Same as our kids don’t have anything to be ashamed of.

Idiot rightwinger said “All kids should be ashamed of our racist history” True story.

My kids are in middle school. Why should they be ashamed of our so called racist history instead of proud of our history of innovation, pursuit of happiness, freedom and Liberty?

To me rightwinger is a Fascist asshole. But that’s just one man’s opinion. I am a lot smarter than him.
Wait a second for years Rightwinger has been saying liberals founded this country now he is saying they were racist?

Last edited:
Why should they be ashamed? What did they do to feel ashamed? Should German kids be ashamed? Should Chinese kids be ashamed? Japanese kids? British kids?
Germans, Japanese and British kids should all learn the good and bad of their heritage. China hides the bad stuff. Is that what you want in our country?
They can be proud of the good stuff and ashamed of the bad stuff

Hiding the truth does not make them better citizens

Mad_Jack_Flint My kids are Jewish obviously and they know about the Holocaust but are much too young to go in depth. I will not even let them watch Schindler’s List til they are in HS. So why should kids who had zero to do with Americas racist past feel shame? Should German kids feel shame? Or Japanese kids? That doesn’t make any sense.
Again, I never said they should, so why do you keep on claiming I am?

I am saying the truth should be taught and I knew about the death camps in sixth grade, and so on, so it can be taught and do I feel ashamed about my family history?

Hell no!

Did you know my actual Grandfather was a Nazi?

Seriously, and I was raised by my Belarusian Jewish Aunt who was my mother Half-Sister…

So imagine my childhood and I never knew about my Grandfather until I did my DNA test and found out…

Now am I ashamed I am the Grandson of a Nazi?

Nope, and will tell you anyone that tell me I should be can kiss my ass…

I will state again no one should be ashamed about the past but we should know the truth of it…

Trying to sugar coat history and only teach “My country right or wrong” versions does not help children

Teach all the good that the US has done for the world. We deserve it.
But you can’t ignore how the US treated its citizens while proclaiming freedom and liberty.
Teaching them they should feel ashamed by the greatest country on earth is assinine, plus your teaching them to take history out of fucking context.

For example owning a slave back then is the equivalent of saying owning a computer today, more efficient.

Germans, Japanese and British kids should all learn the good and bad of their heritage. China hides the bad stuff. Is that what you want in our country?

To the point they outlaw free speech like the Germans do?

Teaching them they should feel ashamed by the greatest country on earth is assinine, plus your teaching them to take history out of fucking context.

For example owning a slave back then is the equivalent of saying owning a computer today, more efficient.
I was going to respond, but just realized you are being an asshole

Trying to sugar coat history and only teach “My country right or wrong” versions does not help children

Teach all the good that the US has done for the world. We deserve it.
But you can’t ignore how the US treated its citizens while proclaiming freedom and liberty.

Neither does teaching kids to be racist like CRT does.

Not what I asked you senile old fool. I asked if they should be ASHAMED as you said. Answer me. Gutless coward.

Forum List

Back